• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Madden 06 PSP official site, videos

DMczaf

* Exclusive Content -- Hone your skills in 18 mini games, including 10 PSP handheld exclusives.
* Synch Up With Your PlayStation®2 -- Take your Franchise on the go by transferring up to an entire week's schedule from your PlayStation®2 Franchise mode and playing it out on your PSP handheld
* Wireless Network Gaming -- Compete against anyone, anywhere via a wireless network connection or challenge friends to head-to head wireless games.
* Build a Franchise -- From dominating on the field to calling the shots off of it, control every aspect of a franchise and take it to the promise land.
* Exclusive Assistant Coach Mode -- Complete Franchise mode goals to progress your practice squad players through the new mini games, then sign them to your team when they're ready.

Ok, I'm starting to hate PSP. Damn exclusive stuff that should be in PS2/Xbox version :|

shantyman

WHO DEY!?
This is one of the coolest features I have seen in a game lately (probably old):

Synch Up With Your PlayStation®2 -- Take your Franchise on the go by transferring up to an entire week's schedule from your PlayStation®2 Franchise mode and playing it out on your PSP handheld

newsguy

Thanks, I'm really hoping it ends up close to the console games. This would save me the time and money of having to take a television with me to tailgate parties.

Skin

My brother bought NFL2k4 because it gets such praise everywhere. we tried it once and then never touched it again. I expected something like Fifa, but you had to work you way trough tons of menu's. Then when you finally got to play, you got beat up by big angry men in like 5 seconds. And after that you had the menu's again. This looks kinda the same... :S

Bluecondor

While I am optimistic about this, has anyone figured out, for sure, if we will be able to important draft classes from the NCAA PS2 into our Madden PSP franchise? If you can synch up with the PS2 version, signs seem to be pointing to "yes".

shantyman

WHO DEY!?
Skin said:
My brother bought NFL2k4 because it gets such praise everywhere. we tried it once and then never touched it again. I expected something like Fifa, but you had to work you way trough tons of menu's. Then when you finally got to play, you got beat up by big angry men in like 5 seconds. And after that you had the menu's again. This looks kinda the same... :S

Maybe you should have gotten '05?

dskillzhtown

keep your strippers out of my American football
Barrage said:
Is there any news is Multiplayer requires both players to own Madden '06 or not?

Yeah, no game sharing in this one.

I am getting this for tailgating as well. Though the more I think about it, there is usually too much going for me to actually sit down and play a game with other tailgaters in my crew.

newsguy

dskillzhtown said:
Yeah, no game sharing in this one.

I am getting this for tailgating as well. Though the more I think about it, there is usually too much going for me to actually sit down and play a game with other tailgaters in my crew.

I wonder if you can play on the same team through ad-hoc. That might be a dealbreaker if you can't, since the point is for me and my bro to be the Dolphins and run up the score on whatever the team is we're actually playing that day :D

dskillzhtown

keep your strippers out of my American football
They showed and reviewed the game on ESPN's Cold Pizza this morning. Looked good, though the player models seemed pretty rough. The reviewer on there game the game a 4. Said that the gameplay was the same, though it takes quite awhile to get used to the controls. They did remark that the graphics were noticeably reduced for the PSP and to be honest, while the cutscenes looked good, the game in motion did look alot like PSONE. I am on the fence about getting this one, I will wait to play it on a friend's PSP before throwing down 50 for it,

Miguel

dskillzhtown said:
I am on the fence about getting this one, I will wait to play it on a friend's PSP before throwing down 50 for it,

Jerk, I was waiting for you to buy it so I could try it!

Skin said:

Um have you ever played a foootball game before? They're ALL like that.

You pick your play, you run the play, repeat on both offense and defense.

Top Bottom