• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Lupin III: The First(Film Worth Braving the Pandemic to See) releases in Select Cinemas October 18

JordanN

Banned
Back in my day Lupin was hand drawn and had titties.

This still looks good tho...
They're in this movie too.

mnRtIeW.gif

kunonabi

tenor.gif

Just because it's 3D? I love 2D myself but this is way better than any 3D Japan has ever done.

Yeah, it looks like a big step up for them and honestly this is probably the perfect franchise for this. Those characters are just so incredibly versatile and can accommodate so many different art styles. If this is as good as everyone says this is a pretty incredible run for the franchise with Part V, Fujiko Mine's Lie, and this all back-to-back.

kunonabi

I liked Part IV too.

Part IV bored me to tears and it felt like it was trying to adopt to a more modern anime narrative style but without doing it particularly well. It also might have misused Fujiko even worse than part III did. It lacked energy and was not nearly as stylish as I was expecting especially compared to how baller the intro is.

Kabelly

Already saw the movie since the Japanese blu ray is out. It's cute fun. Never seen Lupin media before and it was surprisingly fun. The animation honestly rivals Pixar. Was so good. Not feeling the english dub voice acting.

edit: i just saw the full trailer and the voice acting sounds better than the quick cut teaser i saw. sounds like the classic voice actors (idk if they're the same)

Last edited:
Top Bottom