• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

[LTTP] Final Fantasy VII

EruditeHobo

FF Tactics is amazing. Entirely different kind of game than FF7, but it does have 2 major things in common -- it's a really good dramatic story, and it's very addicting in terms of the leveling/progression system.

So yeah, any time you can give that some attention, it will be worth your while.

FF12 is another one that is really enjoyable though, one of my favorites of the series... another incredible world, some great fantasy characters, and a unique combat system which allows for a lot of variety in how you choose to play.

kraspkibble

Permabanned.
im currently at wall market. i feel confused. been wandering about, bought some gear, and got deodorant from the restaurant i think… also got the sick guy out the bathroom. ive went into all the buildings and been talking to people but i dont know what im doing wrong. spoke to the guard at dons. went to honey bee. i played the remake so i know what happens. i need to dress cloud up so i went to the dress shop but the shopkeeper isnt doing anything. spoke to johnny outside honey bee.

im too dumb lol i guess i need to check a guide :messenger_confused:

edit: apparently i didnt talk to a certain npc. got the dress and wig but couldnt talk to the materia guy or get the honey bee member card. not sure what ive done wrong but anyway im now in the sewers!

Last edited:

Cutty Flam

Banned
Here are some brutally honest critiques of mine for FFVII
Major Endgame Spoilers Below

Going to list the flaws of FFVII according to my experience of the game

-Story is not entirely explained / not a cohesive story brought full circle at the end. Had no idea it would be an abrupt ending and based on the incredible story given all throughout the game, I found the lack of story at the very end to be pure laziness. Why would you put all that effort into an otherwise godly game and neglect the ending? It would have been a tall order to fill for sure but they didn't even try imo
-Holy could have been explained better
-Marlene, a major reason for Barret's involvement in the story, is never shown again after the beginning of the game
-Aeris's foster mother also the foster mother of Marlene (essentially) as well, are never seen again after the beginning of the game
-Ending of game didn't explain much at all, it was just a cutscene
-Cloud goes from hardcore leader to a complete pussy for a decent stretch of the game. This could have been avoided or at least salvaged to some degree. Cloud had some really uncharacteristic dialogue at times
-Chocobo Sage is a fucking useless moron who can't remember a thing and wastes your time
-Chocobo sidequest in general is a waste of time and is over-complicated, takes too long to even get an inkling of an idea of what to do and how best to start this sidequest
-Yuffie's entire arc is just that she's a dumb (yet tough) teen who likes Materia enough to rob people blind, even her comrades who are clearly trying to save the planet. Her love for Materia and stealing it is more important than a task at hand that involves securing the safety of the planet. She crosses a band of heroes in a disgustingly irredeemable way. The player is forced to chalk it up to, "she's just a teen a stupid kid we must forgiver her" and the story moves on without anything else. Character development is an oxymoron for Yuffie. Her character was slashed and her image never recovered in the slightest tbh. She never did anything substantial enough to cancel out her treacherous stint as a Materia thief
-Cait Sith was even worse than Yuffie. Double crosser, liar, and what he did was give an item we could not get back so easily. Materia we can gain back, but what he stole from us put fate into the hands of the enemy entirely. Also, he essentially lead Barret away from Tifa and nearly had her killed. He didn't really help at all in that situation; Tifa helped herself out of the deadly gas chamber. All Cait Sith did was lead Barret away from Tifa
-The entire Turks and their pride thing was really dumb and went nowhere. Besides Rude being a badass at times, what were the Turks even good for?
FF12 is another one that is really enjoyable though, one of my favorites of the series... another incredible world, some great fantasy characters, and a unique combat system which allows for a lot of variety in how you choose to play.
That will most likely be the next FF game I dive into

Top Bottom