• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

LTTP: COD Black Ops 2 (PS3)

EverydayBeast

thinks Halo Infinite is a new graphical benchmark
812leTMAj4L._AC_UF1000,1000_QL80_.jpg

Black Ops 2, this is a good game that I enjoyed, there’s a lot to be desired here.

You have the benefit of it being a treyarch game and before this they did world at war, and black ops 1. They’re dancing around an evil South American who makes cities war torn, lots of tense moments.

Generally speaking, you have a bad guy who cares about power, conflict and the good guys are agreed to be heroes. You play as Mason, and than his son for the later half of the game. The story can be uncomfortable, it’s said to be connected to the first black ops and Vietnam but they bring new characters and countries and timelines into it.

The multiplayer on PS3 you have to figure out, recently Sony made changes to contain hackers, I think if you changed your username recently black ops 2 will freeze on the start up. I literally bought the game and returned it because I thought the disc didn’t work in my ps3 drive. Turns out:

Every map feels and runs good, you could easily see why so many people recommended it back in the day. How the beautiful maps have such craftsmanship, nice big scopes on the guns you have to see or play it for yourself.

maxresdefault.jpg

Just gives you the basics.

How many of you enjoyed or not enjoy Black Ops 2? All my friends loved it, I think I pivoted over to battlefield 3, 4 around than and sadly ignored it.

adamsapple

Or is it just one of Phil's balls in my throat?
I liked the branching campaign, to my recollection this was the first CoD game with multiple endings.

Tsaki

One of the best CoDs ever. Great campaign and amazing multiplayer, probably the most balanced it had ever been. The scorestreak system was perfected in this game and the killstreaks were all great.
MP progression was meaningful and the fact you could see the K/D of other players while in the lobby made it even more of a goal to improve yourself. League Play was also the best competitive mode in any Call of Duty ever.
The only negative was launch Zombies map: pretty much the worst they have created before and after.
But the Campaign and MP were so good that they elevate the game even if it didn't have Zombies at all.
One of my Top 3 CoD games alongside MW1 (2007) and MW2 (2009).

Last edited:

StreetsofBeige

Gold Member
Really good MP. Even when they nerfed FAL gun twice I still liked it! Good maps and probably the last COD game that still had an old school map vibe before they really made it rat mazy.

Standoff, Slums, Drone and Plaza were my fav maps. I always did terrible in Meltdown. I could never get a good rhythm in that map.

calistan

Every map feels and runs good, you could easily see why so many people recommended it back in the day. How the beautiful maps have such craftsmanship, nice big scopes on the guns you have to see or play it for yourself.

I enjoyed this back in the day, it was a good CoD. Looking at that video now, though, it looks poor. The animations are lifeless, there's seemingly no recoil on any of the guns (or is he cheating?), and hitting somebody doesn't have the punch that newer CoDs have.

I guess when we have these incremental changes, year by year, it's hard to recall just how basic things were. Everybody just says it's the same old thing with minor tweaks, when in fact you need to go back three or four games to see how big the changes really are.

At least nobody is wearing stupid glowing costumes in Blops 2.

Top Bottom