• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

LTTP: Amnesia: The Bunker

EverydayBeast

thinks Halo Infinite is a new graphical benchmark
Amnesia_The_Bunker_cover_art.png
Boy what a blast I don’t want to get too emotional with this one.

No doubt Dark decent is better than machine for pigs but bunker is better than machine for pigs.

This one is set during the WW1 era, BAM, one of the greatest eras in human history, the impact of the machine gun, the innovation.

This game is classic horror.

This game gives you horror we haven’t seen, it’s the chase by a prowler, keeping electricity on, health everything to me this game has horror charm other games don’t give you.

Does GAF agree that bunker is better than machine for pigs?

What does GAF think of bunker?

Sorne

It's amazing. Definitely also took me by surprise. I love how they actually made it more into a survival horror, with limited resources and a single big map with blocked off areas. Highly recommend it 👌

I only played it for like 10 minutes.
The Dark Descent was said to be one of the best horror games but it was insanely disappointing. Then machine for pigs was a joke. This seemed to be more of the same with the same shitty door mechanics and disembodied voices talking to you from nowhere

Tarnpanzer

The unpredictably of the Stalkers behavior "ruined" the game for me essentially. I really like games like this, where you need to hide from your enemies. But this is only fun when the enemy act somewhat predictable. I often hid for ~5 minutes straight, the stalker would not leave, but would eventually find me, even if I was still in hiding in the same spot and did not move.

To bad, since the rest, like atmosphere, story(!), puzzles were very good. As stupid as it may sound, but I think the game plays best in the easy-mode where there is no stalker at all.

Last edited:

Roberts

The unpredictably of the Stalkers behavior "ruined" the game for me essentially. I really like games like this, where you need to hide from your enemies. But this is only fun when the enemy act somewhat predictable. I often hid for ~5 minutes straight, the stalker would not leave, but would eventually find me, even if I was still in hiding in the same spot and did not move.

Yup, Alien Isolation did this way better.

Sorne

I think AI was bad in this a well (on a higher difficulty setting) until you got the flamethrower to defend yourself. The later half of AI was way more enjoyable because of this.
I would argue that atypically from the other games from the same developer, this game does actively encourage you to not sit and hide for 5 minutes, but instead use the weapons and tools at your disposal to scare away the creature.

Bartski

Gold Member
One of the best pure horror games of late and studio fully redeemed after Rebirth. Don't sleep on it

ZoukGalaxy

This is the kind of game I prefer to watch instead of play, this is strange, controls and mechanisms ruin it for me, and for all the Amnesia series. I tried to play Amnesia Rebirth, and I failed miserably because I was not actually enjoying playing it but enjoyed watching no commentary streams. Atmospheres are just incredible, I love them so much.

Lions Gate

Alien isolation is one of my top game of all time. i was desperately rooting for a sequel or any other games to come close to it until i played the bunker

rofif

Can’t Git Gud
I loved penumbra and Soma especially.
Especially safe mode in Soma since I hate hiding from monsters. It's boring.
I only watched a stream of this and it seem kinda... yeah monster, run, you can't kill it

Top Bottom