• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Loser Filip Miucin strikes again (Ex-IGN Plagiarist)

Clear

CliffyB's Cock Holster
Sorry, but I have to say the arrogance of the people who apparently believe that Miucin's prior acts are such a crime against humanity that he can never come back is fucking nauseating.

Like honestly, do they think what they do is so special and demanding of purity?

These people aren't creating art or furthering academic study, they are purveyors of water-cooler talk.

People who's career is based on producing disposable junk culture commentary should never get to be so sanctimonious!

Last edited:

Nikana

Go Go Neo Rangers!
Sorry, but I have to say the arrogance of the people who apparently believe that Miucin's prior acts are such a crime against humanity that he can never come back is fucking nauseating.

Like honestly, do they think what they do is so special and demanding of purity?

These people aren't creating art or furthering academic study, they are purveyors of water-cooler talk.

Purveyors of disposable junk culture commentary should never get to be so sanctimonious!

It's a platform that is dictated by the community. Without the community it doesn't exist. It's a social media platform.

It's not a question of purity and relevance. Boiling it down to that makes no sense.

Abriael_GN

RSI Employee of the Year
Tell you what. When I fuckup on this forum you can cancel me all you want. He is free to try again and make more videos. I wont stop him nor will I harass him, but he really needs to grow up and take criticism. The way he acted on twitter is very telling of his personality and we have the right to call him out for it. He immediately went on the defensive and shared a personal conversation and flaunted how the dude blocked him to moral grandstand. I wish him the best but I seriously doubt he will make it in this business. What he did was career and character suicide

This thread directly aimed at throwing more shit and outrage at this dude certainly feels like harassment and posting that video, which absolutely qualifies as such, doesn't help.

This is pretty much the blueprint of what I'd expect to read on that other purple forums.

When you will never be forgiven by the social media platforms you personally committed career suicide on? Uh yeah most definitely.

If I work in any field that had a public facing nature and I literally committ career suicide. Telling me it'll be ok if I just work hard is lying to my face.

You do understand that there are plenty of people absolutely able to do a job despite having tons of goons blasting them on social media, right? Twitter popularity isn't a condition required to being capable and able to perform a profession, albeit some seem to think it is.

Last edited:

People who's career is based on producing disposable junk culture commentary should never get to be so sanctimonious!

Spot on. Dude fucked up, but he doesn't deserve the constant harassment he gets. Sadly, there's an outrage cottage industry on Youtube and he's an easy target for that never ending witch hunt. Surprised The Quartering didn't make a video calling him anti-consumer yet.

ThatGamingDude

I am a virgin
Yeah. It's my opinion. That's what we're here to write, aren't we?
That was in reference to Miucin getting uninvited advice; if he would have posted that clip instead, people probably would have trashed his old boss for giving that advice

Or even better, said "Hey dude! Thanks for the advice; I think I'll keep at this for a bit still and look at my options at that cross roads!"
I've mentioned above that this is definitely a bad idea, despite the fact that they approached him, not the other way around.

That being said, what bothers me is seeing people depicting Muicin like he's the only issue here. He isn't.

As I mentioned in my first post, no one in this circus behaved correctly.

I've agreed with you that the entire circus at large is an issue

However, that reaction to a relatively benign post in the total arc of his media personality is pretty in line, and really only sunk his position lower than where he was

A previous boss giving you professional advice as a mentor/leader in their industry, isn't really out of the ordinary
Miucin posts his work in a public space; if you don't expect criticisms in a public space when your work is public, you're crazy.
Hell, the dude even did the HR patty cake and balanced out his criticism with a positive about how well of an video editor he is

I'll put it blunt; journalism in general (The circus at large) is in a state of flux. Miucin's reaction to a previous boss' criticisms was an over reaction, because everything prior to it was reasonable
If a dude acted like this in an office after a previous boss got called in to consult on his work, he'd be walked out of the fucking building in a heart beat with a box of his shit in hand

Neff

I certainly don't defend what he did, but I believe in giving people second chances. It's not that hard.

Mileage varies, but in my view people who make mistakes generally deserve second chances, particularly if they can acknowledge those mistakes and make amends.

Miucin didn't just make a mistake though. He very specifically tried to build a career for himself, and only himself, by stealing from others. And he's continued to pull shady shit, point fingers, and play the victim in light of very valid and deserved criticism. He has learned nothing and deserves nothing.

This thread directly aimed at throwing more shit at this dude certainly feels like harassment and posting that video, which absolutely qualifies as such, doesn't help.

This is pretty much the blueprint of what I'd expect to read on that other purple forums.

You do understand that there are plenty of people absolutely able to do a job despite having tons of goons blasting them on social media, right? Twitter popularity isn't a condition to being capable and able to perform a profession, albeit some seem to think it is.
I will give you the "loser' comment by me how about that? He deserves every-bit of criticism he gets. He had a chance to redeem himself and he blew it, again.

Abriael_GN

RSI Employee of the Year
I will give you the "loser' comment by me how about that? He deserves every-bit of criticism he gets. He had a chance to redeem himself and he blew it, again.

At least don't come to tell me you will "not harass him" and "wish him the best," because the very existence of this thread is in direct conflict with that idea.

You're absolutely free to create a thread in support of Miucin

Why would I? I don't support him. But I certainly think the rest of the circus included here deserves to be commented as toxic, which I did.

Last edited:

Nikana

Go Go Neo Rangers!
This thread directly aimed at throwing more shit at this dude certainly feels like harassment and posting that video, which absolutely qualifies as such, doesn't help.

You do understand that there are plenty of people absolutely able to do a job despite having tons of goons blasting them on social media, right? Twitter popularity isn't a condition to being capable and able to perform a profession, albeit some seem to think it is.

Did those people actively dare the internet to find more dirt on him?

Are those people actively trying to make jokes about dishonest behavior that they clearly still haven't comprehended what their actions caused?

It's nothing to do with popularity.

He got a job because of his YouTube following and their excitement for his content. He then committed career suicide a dozen times and then thinks because he lost his job at IGN is enough to and he's learned his lesson. But then instead of taking the criticism to heart and adjusting his behavior, he comes off combative and confrontational.

He's mad at the people who literally got him the job in the industry for holding him accountable for actions that he did himself.

He had his chance and pissed it away. Either keep making content and understand that you will not be forgiven or move on. No one is stopping him from making videos. Literally no one. He can still do exactly what he's doing but he wants to do it without the hate that he brought onto himself.

Last edited:

ThatGamingDude

I am a virgin
Why would I? I don't support him. But I certainly think the rest of the circus included here deserves to be commented as toxic, which I did.
Then report the thread to the mods and let them make the decision

Discussing a dude's behavior in a negative light isn't harassing him; nor have I seen any "LETS GET HIM!" type posts
But if you feel that it is a toxic thread, reporting it to the mods to have it locked or deleted would be the best way to know if the people who own the playground want people playing that way

At least don't come to tell me you will "not harass him" and "wish him the best," because the very existence of this thread is in direct conflict with that idea.

I wish him the best in a new career and hope he finally understands how to act professionally. Sometimes you got to give tough love brother.

Abriael_GN

RSI Employee of the Year
Then report the thread to the mods and let them make the decision

Discussing a dude's behavior in a negative light isn't harassing him; nor have I seen any "LETS GET HIM!" type posts
But if you feel that it is a toxic thread, reporting it to the mods to have it locked or deleted would be the best way to know if the people who own the playground want people playing that way

Some people believe in discussion, instead of pressing a button and calling it a day hoping that the bad things disappear.

I wish him the best in a new career and hope he finally understands how to act professionally. Sometimes you got to give tough love brother.

This thread isn't "tough love." It's simply dumping shit on someone and signal boosting a YouTuber doing the same in a 20-minute self-righteous rant. There's certainly no "love" involved.

Last edited:

ThatGamingDude

I am a virgin
Some people believe in discussion, instead of pressing a button and call it a day hoping that the bad things disappear.
And running around saying people are harassing other people and are toxic is only insulting and inflammatory

Just like that dude didn't ask for advice, he didn't ask you to defend him either

Have your conversation about Miucin, I often engage with you because you do tend to think things out before you type, but don't devolve the conversation to "YOU'RE BEING TOXIC!" and "THIS IS REEEEEEEEE SHIT!"

Some people believe in discussion, instead of pressing a button and calling it a day hoping that the bad things disappear.

This thread isn't "tough love." It's simply dumping shit on someone and signal boosting a YouTuber doing the same in a 20-minute self-righteous rant. There's certainly no "love" involved.
Changed the video to his actual review so people can make their own judgements. I can learn from my mistakes too. Have a good day.

Abriael_GN

RSI Employee of the Year
And running around saying people are harassing other people and are toxic is only insulting and inflammatory

Just like that dude didn't ask for advice, he didn't ask you to defend him either

Have your conversation about Miucin, I often engage with you because you do tend to think things out before you type, but don't devolve the conversation to "YOU'RE BEING TOXIC!" and "THIS IS REEEEEEEEE SHIT!"

You do understand that what you just did is a strawman right?

The opinions I expressed here are much more elaborate and complex than how you describe (misrepresent) them. Someone told me he had positive feelings and non-negative intentions toward the dude after doing something that did not look positive or non-negative at all, and I simply pointed out an evident conflict.

Changed the video to his actual review so people can make their own judgements. I can learn from my mistakes too. Have a good day.

Thank you. Have a good day yourself.

ThatGamingDude

I am a virgin
You do understand that what you just did is a strawman right?

The opinions I expressed here are much more elaborate and complex than how you describe (misrepresent) them. Someone told me he had positive feelings and non-negative intentions toward the dude after doing something that did not look positive or non-negative at all, and I simply pointed out an evident conflict.
Sounds good dude!

You have a good one

Clear

CliffyB's Cock Holster
He had his chance and pissed it away. Either keep making content and understand that you will not be forgiven. No one is stopping him from making videos. Literally no one. He can still do exactly what he's doing but he wants to do it without the hate that he brought onto himself.

understand that you will not be forgiven

This is over what amounts to professional lazyness.

He took a short-cut, he didn't rape kittens for Christ sake!

Perspective please. Is this really the worst thing in the world? Especially in the context of fucking YouTube, where people make careers off of other people's art and IP, often hiding behind dubious interpretations of "fair use".

If Plagiarism gets you excommunicated for life maybe media conglomerates really should be sending ninja hit-squads against pirates!

Biff

I can't help but feel bad for the guy. He is the textbook definition of narcissist and is probably struggling with mental health issues given the amount of negativity and hate thrown his way over the last year. I can't see how I would escape that without depression and/or anxiety. Not fun.

I really hope he has adults in his life who can get him the help he needs. This type of constant internet hate rarely ends well. He can still be a productive member of society, just doing something other than Youtubing.

Bragr

Banned
Dr. Dre was known for knocking out women early on in his career, now, he's a legend. Time forgets everything, good or bad, he just needs to take the initial hate early on and don't sit and reply to it on twitter like a moron.

Nikana

Go Go Neo Rangers!

Perspective please. Is this really the worst thing in the world? Especially in the context of fucking YouTube, where people make careers off of other people's art and IP, often hiding behind dubious interpretations of "fair use".

If Plagiarism gets you excommunicated for life maybe media conglomerates really should be sending ninja hit-squads against pirates!

Stealing content, lying about it, then saying being caught lying and then trying to compare your "comeback" as the same thing as fighting cancer (yes that really happened) is not a shortcut.

It's delusions of someone who clearly has no life perspective of their own actions.

Abriael_GN

RSI Employee of the Year

Plagiarism is certainly a really bad thing. As someone who gets his work plagiarized on a daily basis, I can tell you it's not a small offense.

That being said, I also think people can learn from this kind of mistake and its consequences, and getting another chance is not farfetched.

Did Muicin learn from what he did and the very public lapidation he got? Is he genuinely sorry? I don't know. I haven't talked to him. He seems to struggle with parts of the concept and possibly with deeper issues, but on the other hand, when you're dragged into the mud all over the internet, it's human to get defensive and to try to at least deflect some of the blows.

So yeah. I do not think continuing to shit on him is good. This world could use a bit more forgiveness. But I also don't think what he did should be dismissed as something relatively minor. Acknowledging the gravity of what he did and leaving him alone after he's been abundantly punished aren't mutually exclusive.

Last edited:

ThatGamingDude

I am a virgin

Taking it to as far as murder is a bit of a stretch, but I totally get the sentiment

How to explain it...
If you work in IT security, if you decide to hack your own firms systems, as well as many others, you're not going to be working in the security sector anymore
It COULD go as far as not being able to get into IT positions at all anymore depending on the notoriety

For us it's like stealing someone's code and claiming it as your own; even with Open Source stuff you credit the original author, and can actually get into a bit of trouble if you don't depending on the licensing

The dude is open to a redemption arc, and he very much should have that, especially if he's going to try to do his own thing entirely; his decisions regarding that goal aren't really helping achieve it

Is it the worst thing in the world? No, there's definitely worst things
Does that negate what he did in the eyes of his peers?
Absolutely not
Because of that he's going to have to work back into where he was; it's shitty but it's how it works

Nikana

Go Go Neo Rangers!
Plagiarism is certainly a really bad thing. As someone who gets his work plagiarized on a daily basis, I can tell you it's not a small offense.

That being said, I also think people can learn from this kind of mistake and its consequences, and getting another chance is not farfetched.

Did Muicin learn from what he did and the very public lapidation he got? Is he genuinely sorry? I don't know. I haven't talked to him. He seems to struggle with parts of the concept and possibly with deeper issues, but on the other hand, when you're dragged into the mud all over the internet, it's human to get defensive and to try to at least deflect some of the blows.

So yeah. I do not think continuing to shit on him is good. This world could use a bit more forgiveness. But I also don't think what he did should be dismissed as something relatively minor. Acknowledging the gravity of what he did and leaving him alone after he's been abundantly punished aren't mutually exclusive.

The dude literally compared him stealing content and trying to be redeemed as the same thing as having cancer. He doesnt get it.

Last edited:

Abriael_GN

RSI Employee of the Year
The dude literally comapred him stealing content and trying to be redeemed as the same thing as having cancer. He doesnt get it.

This very thread is an example of the fact that hyperbolic and unfitting comparisons to make a point are part of human nature. Being consistently under heavy fire from all sides doesn't exactly help that judgment either.

I don't think it's really that easy to know whether he gets it, he partly gets it, or he doesn't get it at all, without an extensive conversation with him.

Last edited:

Nikana

Go Go Neo Rangers!
This very thread is an example of the fact that hyperbolic and unfitting comparisons to make a point are part of human nature.

I don't think it's really that easy to know whether he gets it, he partly gets it, or he doesn't get it at all, without an extensive conversation with him.

Are you suggesting that someone not understanding that career suicide of your own doing is not the same as being diagnosed with cancer and literally fighting for your life has a clear and well understanding of the levity of his own actions on the internet?

Blond

Banned
He is terrible though. Gave Alien Isolation a 5.6 and Halo4 a 10/10
Ryan used to work for Official Xbox Magazine, I followed him an Francesca Reyes for years so it's not surprising he'd give Halo a 10 when that magazine prided themselves on nightly lan parties before leaving for the day.

Ryan used to work for Official Xbox Magazine, I followed him an Francesca Reyes for years so it's not surprising he'd give Halo a 10 when that magazine prided themselves on nightly lan parties before leaving for the day.
Yea, I couldn't take him seriously after that Halo 4 review. He admits Halo 5's campaign was garbage though

Abriael_GN

RSI Employee of the Year
Are you suggesting that someone not understanding that career suicide of your own doing is not the same as being diagnosed with cancer and literally fighting for your life has a clear and well understanding of the levity of his own actions on the internet?

I am suggesting exactly what I said. Nothing more, nothing less. He made a stupid and hyperbolic comparison. Lots of people do it all the time. It doesn't automatically mean he has no understanding of what he did at all.

Last edited:

Shrap

I say just let him get on with whatever he is doing. If he has a successful youtube channel then good for him. His dirty laundry is out there for anyone to see and if he no longer plagiarizes content then who gives a shit?

It should be taken into account for his future employment, however, as he is a big risk for a potential employer to take on board.

ThatGamingDude

I am a virgin
I think people are speculating with what data they have; since we don't have the deep connection with him, and I don't care enough don't have any information on him from his close members since all that hoo haa back when

While I would implore people to reach out and ask, I would say I don't care enough to ask; mainly because I don't have the knowledge to properly conduct an interview with him lol

Which actually popped a question into my head; you guys work in the same area, would you ever be open to having an interview with him and writing a piece?

Nikana

Go Go Neo Rangers!
I am suggesting exactly what I said. Nothing more, nothing less. He made a stupid comparison. Lots of people do it all the time. It doesn't automatically mean he has no understanding of what he did at all.

At what point do you stop writing it off as "I dont know the situation" and start looking at evidence? There exists a line in morality and levity. The history of him as a person paints a picture that does not, at the very least, understand his own actions in the terms of youtube and twitter. The very place where he is seeking forgiveness. You sound like you are trying to paint filip as a victim.

Last edited:

Abriael_GN

RSI Employee of the Year
Which actually popped a question into my head; you guys work in the same area, would you ever be open to having an interview with him and writing a piece?

Prefacing that this would not be my call (I'm just the news dude) and my personal rule is not to interview journalists, personalities, and youtubers because my time is better used interviewing developers...

I don't think being interviewed is what he needs now (or possibly ever). As I said, what he needs is to work as hard as he can and keep his head down as much as humanly possible. An interview would be just an invitation to further controversy, which I professionally don't pursue, and wouldn't be of any use to him in my opinion.

At what point do you stop writing it off as "I dont know the situation"

Never, because I don't, and you don't either. People react to pressure in different ways, and he's been objectively under a lot of it.

Last edited:

Clear

CliffyB's Cock Holster
Taking it to as far as murder is a bit of a stretch, but I totally get the sentiment

How to explain it...
If you work in IT security, if you decide to hack your own firms systems, as well as many others, you're not going to be working in the security sector anymore
It COULD go as far as not being able to get into IT positions at all anymore depending on the notoriety

For us it's like stealing someone's code and claiming it as your own; even with Open Source stuff you credit the original author, and can actually get into a bit of trouble if you don't depending on the licensing

The dude is open to a redemption arc, and he very much should have that, especially if he's going to try to do his own thing entirely; his decisions regarding that goal aren't really helping achieve it

Is it the worst thing in the world? No, there's definitely worst things
Does that negate what he did in the eyes of his peers?
Absolutely not
Because of that he's going to have to work back into where he was; it's shitty but it's how it works

Honestly, if the guy had plagiarized something substantial, the author of which had evidently really invested their time, creativity and "self" into I'd be much less inclined to complain about people going OTT.

However what we are talking about here is copying an opinion of somebody else's work. Reviews are literally 10-a-penny on the internet, they are close to worthless culturally, and monetarily not much better.

I understand why he's getting shat on over this, but to me its no more than a pitiful slap-fight amongst bottom-feeders.

Noone is coming out from this looking good in my eyes, especially those "high-roading" Miucin over this.

Last edited:

Nikana

Go Go Neo Rangers!
Prefacing that this would not be my call (I'm just the news dude) and my personal rule is not to interview journalists, personalities, and youtubers because my time is better used interviewing developers...

I don't think being interviewed is what he needs now. As I said, what he needs is to work as hard as he can and keep his head down as much as humanly possible. An interview would be just an invitation to further controversy, which I professionally don't pursue, and wouldn't be of any use to him in my opinion.

Never, because I don't, and you don't either. People react to pressure in different ways, and he's been objectively under a lot of it.

You sure about that?

And you dodged the question.

Nikana

Go Go Neo Rangers!
Honestly, if the guy had plagiarized something substantial, the author of which had evidently really invested their time, creativity and "self" into I'd be much less inclined to complain about people going OTT.

However what we are talking about here is copying an opinion of somebody else's work. Reviews are literally 10-a-penny on the internet, they are close to worthless culturally, and monetarily not much better.

I understand why he's getting shat on over this, but to me its no more than a pitiful slap-fight amongst bottom-feeders.

Noone is coming out from this looking good in my eyes, especially those "high-roading" Miucin over this.

People build entire careers on youtube on game reviews. So not an accurate assessment.

EDIT: I though it would be more appropriate for you all to see his full review

TLDR:

1. Makes a joke Dead Cells video mocking his failure to comeback

2. IGN employee gives him friendly advice to try a new career

3. Filip gets butt hurt at criticism and shares personal DM's to said person

4. Ryan (IGN Employee) tells him to "fuck off"

5. Filip plays victim card

AdmirableConstantCreature-size_restricted.gif

He is terrible though. Gave Alien Isolation a 5.6 and Halo4 a 10/10
Journalism gamers dont even finish the elementary school. Its obviosly that they cant even do a Math exercise. Dont ask miracles to them in score a game.

Last edited:

Abriael_GN

RSI Employee of the Year
You sure about that?

And you dodged the question.

Yes. I'm pretty sure. And I did not dodge the question. I simply did not consider it relevant because I pretty literally don't know the "history of him as a person."

What I know is that over the years I've seen many people (even some I personally knew were pretty decent people) being shat on by the whole internet ending up saying stupid things because that's the kind of situation that definitely clouds your judgment.

I don't paint him as a "Victim" but being in that situation does not necessarily encourage intelligent discourse.

Last edited:

ThatGamingDude

I am a virgin
At what point do you stop writing it off as "I dont know the situation" and start looking at evidence? There exists a line in morality and levity. The history of him as a person paints a picture that does not, at the very least, understand his own actions in the terms of youtube and twitter. The very place where he is seeking forgiveness. You sound like you are trying to paint filip as a victim.
If we need logs from MariaDB, going to the PHP logs isn't going to give us much in the ways of troubleshooting a Db error comparatively

So, we're going off the evidence we currently have; he's doing the "Logs don't lie," of his world as his position
He needs the facts tosolidly ascertain his writing ethics, rather than a educated guess at the root problem

I'd call it like you are and that the dude just doesn't get it, based on his public actions
But he does make a solid point

Last edited:

Nikana

Go Go Neo Rangers!
Yes. I'm pretty sure. And I did not dodge the question. I simply did not consider it relevant because I pretty literally don't know the "history of him as a person."

What I know is that over the years I've seen many people (even some I personally knew were pretty decent people) being shat on by the whole internet ending up saying stupid things because that's the kind of situation that definitely clouds your judgment.

I don't paint him as a "Victim" but being in that situation does not necessarily encourage intelligent discourse.

Well you would be wrong but its not a direct relationship with Filip. But thats not really the point.

I understand your point of staying neutral in a world that is too quick to jump to conclusions but that doesn't negate the facts that are there. This is not a situation where we don't have facts.

Do we have all the facts? Certainly not, but neither do high profile court cases that decide peoples lives. Theres more than enough evidence here to see that a person clearly doesn't understand the levity of their actions fully no matter if you are for or against "shitting" on him.

Considering he to this day has not talked about the levity of his actions on the gaming media sphere in general is damning evidence to show that opinions that he doesn't understand it are valid in many regards.

But its clear that opinions will differ here so I will say good having a discussion with someone whos intelligent. Its refreshing in the light of current GAF events.

Nikana

Go Go Neo Rangers!
If we need logs from MariaDB, going to the PHP logs isn't going to give us much in the ways of troubleshooting a Db error comparatively

So, we're going off the evidence we currently have; he's doing the "Logs don't lie," of his world as his position
He needs the facts to make solidly ascertain his writing ethics, rather than a educated guess at the root problem

I'd call it like you are and that the dude just doesn't get it, based on his public actions
But he does make a solid point

Thats a deep cut most people wont understand.

BUt yes I agree.

Abriael_GN

RSI Employee of the Year
Well you would be wrong but its not a direct relationship with Filip. But thats not really the point.

I understand your point of staying neutral in a world that is too quick to jump to conclusions but that doesn't negate the facts that are there. This is not a situation where we don't have facts.

Do we have all the facts? Certainly not, but neither do high profile court cases that decide peoples lives. Theres more than enough evidence here to see that a person clearly doesn't understand the levity of their actions fully no matter if you are for or against "shitting" on him.

Considering he to this day has not talked about the levity of his actions on the gaming media sphere in general is damning evidence to show that opinions that he doesn't understand it are valid in many regards.

But its clear that opinions will differ here so I will say good having a discussion with someone whos intelligent. Its refreshing in the light of current GAF events.

Yeah, I don't think anyone will radically change anyone's mind here. I understand why you could see his actions as damning, but in my experience, they can be an indication of a much broader set of situations.

That he did not understand the gravity of his actions is a possibility, but I doubt with the amount of fire he received (which was absolutely enormous, even because there were plenty of industry people who joined the firing platoon simply as a chance to improve their own image or profit from the controversy. It was a very "trendy" thing to do and it still is) he *completely* doesn't understand at all.

I believe it's more likely that with the kind of abuse he received (justified abuse can still be abuse) his natural reaction has been less than rational and partly defensive, which possibly hindered his learning process. This kind of reaction is extremely common when someone is buckling under enormous amounts of pressure unless they have a crazy level of mental fortitude, and IMHO he does not.

Partial understanding is something I see as more probable, and complete understanding is likely not easy to achieve simply because all the abuse from every direction triggered a common defensive reaction, leading him to see himself at least a little bit as a victim.

This is why I don't think we know enough to say he shouldn't get a second chance, albeit I would totally understand any business unwilling to hire him, and he's probably better off simply doing his own thing on his own channel, leaning on those people who already appreciate his content and support him (which do exist).

Last edited:

Nikana

Go Go Neo Rangers!
Yeah, I don't think anyone will radically change anyone's mind here. I understand why you could see his actions as damning, but in my experience, they can be an indication of a much broader set of situations.

That he did not understand the gravity of his actions is a possibility, but I doubt with the amount of fire he received (which was absolutely enormous, even because there were plenty of industry people who joined the firing platoon simply as a chance to improve their own image or profit from the controversy. It was a very "trendy" thing to do) he *completely* doesn't understand at all.

I believe it's more likely that with the kind of abuse he received (justified abuse can still be abuse) his natural reaction has been less than rational and partly defensive, which possibly hindered his learning process. This kind of reaction is extremely common when someone is buckling under enormous amounts of pressure unless they have a crazy level of mental fortitude, and IMHO he does not.

Which is why I don't think we know enough to say he shouldn't get a second chance, albeit I would totally understand any business unwilling to hire him.

I dont understand this notion that he didnt get a second chance? No one took away his right to make content. Is his second chance being able to do so without the criticism? That doesn't sound like a second chance to me, that sounds like something you do with a child.

If all of his feedback was negative I would maybe lean a bit towards your end, but the guys videos arent even THAT lopsided. He still gets likes, he still gets positive comments, but he focuses on the negative.

ThatGamingDude

I am a virgin

It's not so much about the value of said objects as it is an ethical issue

Not only that, but it actually has VERY real legal implications for the outlet publishing the articles as well as the person

Most cases of plagiarism are considered misdemeanors, punishable by fines of anywhere between $100 and $50,000 — and up to one year in jail. Plagiarism can also be considered a felony under certain state and federal laws. For example, if a plagiarist copies and earns more than $2,500 from copyrighted material, he or she may face up to $250,000 in fines and up to ten years in jail.

I wouldn't plagiarize someone else's work, I'll ask them to use it, or advice, or if able just throw it into my code I didn't write it and give proper credit. And this is coming from me, who is absolutely filthy pirate
I know it's more complicated in writing, but hell, worst you can do is ask and if they tell you no, write your own piece

For how much we shit on Youtuber's for regurgitated content and how easy it is, the dude could have taken the effort and actually do his job

I'm all for sticking it to the system, but even us morally bankrupt have lines

Abriael_GN

RSI Employee of the Year
I dont understand this notion that he didnt get a second chance? No one took away his right to make content. Is his second chance being able to do so without the criticism? That doesn't sound like a second chance to me, that sounds like something you do with a child.

If all of his feedback was negative I would maybe lean a bit towards your end, but the guys videos arent even THAT lopsided. He still gets likes, he still gets positive comments, but he focuses on the negative.

That's the defensive reaction I mentioned above. Sure, he has still fans and followers, but when your mentions explode with attacks from tons of people, it's hard to see the positives unless your mental fortitude is absolutely on point.

He's received plenty of criticism (and stuff that I wouldn't qualify as fair criticism as well), more than many would be able to bear without breaking at least a bit. At this point, over a year after, I simply don't think continuing to dunk on this dude is useful to anyone, besides those who want to take advantage of an easy target to make themselves look better.

He's been made an example for something that I guarantee happens a TON more than most are willing to admit, even if mostly in more subtle ways. For instance, I see people picking up the news I break and reproducing them without any form of credit on a daily basis, and at times multiple times a day.

Now I think it's time to let it rest and let him do his own thing as long as he doesn't plagiarize anyone anymore. That's the real indication of whether he's learned his lesson or not.

Last edited:

KAL2006

Banned
I believe in 2nd chances. Unfortunately this dude ruined not only his 2nd chance, but his 3rd, 4th and 5th

He got caught stealing a review.

If he came out there and then and apologized that would be the end of it.

But nope he said it was a coincidence and dared people to find more. He hated on Kotaku and many others for saying he stole a review.

To this day he still hasn't apologized to Kotaku for stating he copied many reviews.

Once he dared people to find more, people found many more examples, we also got examples of former IGN staff that said he used to ask for so much help, we found old videos of his where he copied NeoGAF posts word for word. We found that his resume on Linkdn was copied.

I truly believe in 2nd chances but come on let's be honest this dude if people troll him on Twitter, YouTube and whether he had it coming and I can only laugh and not feel sorry for him. If I was him I'd do something out of the spot light away from social media. These are things unfortunately you won't be able to ever recover from. And let's be honest this Dead Cells review is for some extra clicks on YouTube.

So in the words of that dude from IGN, fuck off FiLIP.

Top Bottom