• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Lords of the Fallen Gets Final 1.5 Update, Publisher Confirms Plans for ‘Next Installments’ in Franchise

Draugoth

Gold Member

Lords of the Fallen developer Hexworks has announced the release of update 1.5, its “final milestone” for the PC, PlayStation 5, and Xbox Series X and S soulslike, as publisher CI Games turns its attention to future games in the franchise.

The Master of Fate update adds a modifier system that turns Lords of the Fallen into a roguelite, Hexworks said.

Here’s the official blurb on the Master of Fate update:

“Master of Fate imbues power directly into players’ hands, allowing them to fully customize their game experience. The modifier system, while not for the fainthearted, can even be enabled from the very first playthrough of Lords of the Fallen, throwing down the gauntlet to action-RPG veterans new to the game. Among the seven different modifiers available to players are randomized enemy spawns and loot drops, together with an Ironman mode; with these three modifiers enabled, Lords of the Fallen effectively becomes a roguelite.”

Pelta88

I’ve been thinking of jumping in based on the visuals alone. I need a nimble but brutal class / build. Any suggestions so I can hit the ground running?

Mr Hyde

This game looks better and better for every update. The modifiers turning NG+ into a new and randomized experience is a cool addition. I hope this inspires From Software to make something with their NG+, I've always been disappointed with the fact that they never evolved their ideas of NG+ from Dark Souls 2.

ssringo

Put 100 hours into it at launch. Will give it another playthrough at some point when there's finally a lull from the stream of great game releases this year.

Ywap

I played it on a mid-range PC and i don't recall having any performance issues. (12700k, 32 ram, 3080 10gb)

It's actually my favourite souls game ever, loved the dual world idea 🙌

Last edited:

adamsapple

Or is it just one of Phil's balls in my throat?
How's the game running on console these days? I recall it was pretty hitchy at launch.

Heimdall_Xtreme

Jim Ryan Fanclub's #1 Member
Lords of the Fallen

Botarga Edition

corpulent-knight-in-mediaeval-medieval-costume-knight-festival-kaltenberger-ANWDHC.jpg

b4fa62b5-a70d-52e9-8275-a6679625a083.webp

Last edited:

Kataploom

Gold Member
I think it's time to get look for some comparisons, I had an eye put on this but I hate going bellow 60 for "reasons"

kiphalfton

So this is the last update, it sounds like? I don't ever play games near-ish launch so don't generally have to worry about half-fimished games.

Bartski

Gold Member
Game got a lot of flak but I really liked it nonetheless. It's a nice final update but not exactly enough to make me reinstall after platinuming it over 150 hours. Also the only soulslike of recent where I wasn't absolutely shit at PvP so half of that was multiplayer. Looking forward to the sequel.

Top Bottom