• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Lords of the Fallen 2023 content road map

S0ULZB0URNE

Greetings Lampbearers,

It’s safe to say, we’ve released a fair few updates since launch; many of which have been in direct response to your feedback, including reducing mob density, increasing boss difficulty, and restoring vestiges to NG+ mode. To that end, we’d like to take another opportunity to thank you for your ongoing interest and investment in our game, and reaffirm our commitment to further optimising and enhancing Lords of the Fallen with your help and support.

lotf_patchNotes_RoadMap_V7-1280x720.jpg

Today, in the spirit of collaboration, we are pleased to share with you our Content Plan for the remainder of 2023 (with continued support next year). As you can see, we have zero intention of slowing down our routine updates any time soon, as we continue to improve overall performance, stability, and optimisation.

Alongside these updates, we are planning a number of free events, similar to the ‘Season of the Bleak’ released at Halloween, which will add new questlines, content, armour sets, weapons, spells and more. This is our small way of saying thank you.

You’ll also note that we are already well underway developing the additional features that have also been directly requested by the community, including NG+ modifiers, inventory storage solutions, and split balancing for PVP and PVE going forward. While we can’t provide dates for these features right now, please know they are actively being worked on as we speak.

This is by no means an exhaustive list, but rather a snapshot of our internal developments, in our continual strive for better transparency and communication with you, our faithful Lampbearers of Mournstead. We will continue to listen to your feedback. We will continue to act in a timely manner. And we will continue to enhance Lords of the Fallen.

Soodanim

Gold Member
I'm conflicted. It's a game that suffered from an unnecessary engine change mid-development, and more and more games trying for the Hello Games redemption is a bad thing. But at the same time, devs trying isn't bad. It may be too little too late, though.

WitchHunter

Banned
Greetings Lampbearers,

It’s safe to say, we’ve released a fair few updates since launch; many of which have been in direct response to your feedback, including reducing mob density, increasing boss difficulty, and restoring vestiges to NG+ mode. To that end, we’d like to take another opportunity to thank you for your ongoing interest and investment in our game, and reaffirm our commitment to further optimising and enhancing Lords of the Fallen with your help and support.

lotf_patchNotes_RoadMap_V7-1280x720.jpg

Today, in the spirit of collaboration, we are pleased to share with you our Content Plan for the remainder of 2023 (with continued support next year). As you can see, we have zero intention of slowing down our routine updates any time soon, as we continue to improve overall performance, stability, and optimisation.

Alongside these updates, we are planning a number of free events, similar to the ‘Season of the Bleak’ released at Halloween, which will add new questlines, content, armour sets, weapons, spells and more. This is our small way of saying thank you.

You’ll also note that we are already well underway developing the additional features that have also been directly requested by the community, including NG+ modifiers, inventory storage solutions, and split balancing for PVP and PVE going forward. While we can’t provide dates for these features right now, please know they are actively being worked on as we speak.

This is by no means an exhaustive list, but rather a snapshot of our internal developments, in our continual strive for better transparency and communication with you, our faithful Lampbearers of Mournstead. We will continue to listen to your feedback. We will continue to act in a timely manner. And we will continue to enhance Lords of the Fallen.

Just don't touch the photo mode, that was stellar.

NoobSmog

Did they fix the stuttering on ps5 performance mode?
It's not entirely fixed but it's much better now. I've never had performance issues kill me as many times as it did in this game dropping my inputs. I just tested it parrying a guy the last 5 minutes though and didn't miss a single one. I feels more like 1-2 frame stutter on auto save rather than 10-15 or whatever it was before.

Gaelyon

Gold Member
This game is already solid, using the souls mechanics with some good ideas. The main problems are solved or they are working on it, I'm pretty sure it will be even better with all these patches in 6-12 months.

j0hnnix

Gold Member
Nice road map. Still skeptical about this game. Maybe deep sale when I have nothing to do. I just don't see their NG+ as a good game mechanic and the umbral space adding to maze like scenarios while being bombarded by enemies.. I really wanted to get this game , eventually will.. just never felt confident about it.

yansolo

its always good to see devs trying to fix their game, but seems like lately all we get are busted releases/apologies

Top Bottom