• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Looks like we'll be able to make AI generated films sooner than expected.

-Minsc-

The next great big flood will be digital. Future civilisations won't have any accurate trace of human history and ability to discern proper fact from fiction. Our grand quest to know everything is going to lead us to completely forget everything. Pretty ironic.
So, the same as now then?

KyoZz

Tag, you're it.
So I'm in the beta, tried a few things very quickly but I'm no master for prompts ^^ Let me know if someone has a suggestion or something to test!

Last edited:

Robb

Gold Member
Let me know if someone has a suggestion or something to test!
Could you try;

Reenactment of a scene from the Lion King where Ash Ketchum is holding Pikachus hand as they’re leaning over a cliff side. Ash Ketchum drops Pikachu down towards the horde of wilderbeasts running through the chasm below them. Ash Ketchum says “Long live the king” as Pikachu falls down into the chasm. Pikachu looks sad and scared as he falls in slow motion. Pikachu gets trampled by the wilderbeasts. Zoomed in shot of Ash Ketchums face as he sheds a tear while he walks away towards a sunset in the savannah.

Just got into the pika beta, on a trip but excited to start playing with it, gonna try cutting together a movie trailer over this xmas break

Last edited:

ManaByte

Gold Member
The advancement is progressing at a break neck pace. It's advancing so quickly that it's hard to predict where it'll be in 1, 5 or 10 years.

Exciting and worrying in equal measure.
terminator GIF

PSYGN

I wonder how much it costs to compute a full movie or a trailer while keeping a consistent character design, pacing, sound design, etc. throughout it. You can already see it has troubles on things natural to us like keeping the eyes in sync.

It's cool to see, but judging from what I see here, nothing to worry about. The title made it seem like it could create a full movie or something.

Last edited:

Trilobit

Well, there is one way

CnIFnA6.gif

I have a suspicion that in time quite a few people will be going back to real things

Of course you'll still have the die hards with A.I girlfriends but you get the gist.

This will be fun but I doubt it will ever be long term. It's not in our core nature. Well, unless we get brain hacked.

I think that if there's ever a solar storm that knocks out Internet for months then people will have a forced digital detox and will realize how much better they feel without the constant digital noise in their lives. Once it returns people will jump back on, but not in the same way hopefully.

Somewhat what's happened with movie theaters after Covid.

Reizo Ryuu

Gold Member
It's a legitimate concern. We aren't going to have any way to separate signal from noise.
Imagine if 10k yeara from now, future human(oids) believe there was a man named 'hirdler' who tried to save the world from a subterranean species of reptilian humanoids named the 'jewuku'...

KyoZz

Tag, you're it.
Here are some examples of awesome things other people have done:

Could you try;

Reenactment of a scene from the Lion King where Ash Ketchum is holding Pikachus hand as they’re leaning over a cliff side. Ash Ketchum drops Pikachu down towards the horde of wilderbeasts running through the chasm below them. Ash Ketchum says “Long live the king” as Pikachu falls down into the chasm. Pikachu looks sad and scared as he falls in slow motion. Pikachu gets trampled by the wilderbeasts. Zoomed in shot of Ash Ketchums face as he sheds a tear while he walks away towards a sunset in the savannah.
I can't really show any movement, prompts was a little too long but here you go:

I would love to see AI try to do Pulp Fiction har! Robots couldn't track that timeline like I did in '98!
Give me more precise prompts because for now the result is... well:

:messenger_tears_of_joy:

Grildon Tundy

Gold Member
I think that if there's ever a solar storm that knocks out Internet for months then people will have a forced digital detox and will realize how much better they feel without the constant digital noise in their lives. Once it returns people will jump back on, but not in the same way hopefully.

Somewhat what's happened with movie theaters after Covid.
Those first days of worldwide dopamine withdrawal would be fascinating to study. People would be at each others' throats without realizing why their fuses are so short, which I think would lead to even more rioting and violence than you'd expect from people taking advantage of communication systems being down.

StreetsofBeige

Gold Member
I see many people jumping on the AI train amping up AI made books and movies.

Churn out some shit, tweak/edit/re-run it best they can and then post it.

Way faster and cheaper than doing it from scratch.

Just like social media from everyday joes, nobody said that books and movies have to be professional grade productions with big budgets, movie sets, or book publishing companies.

Last edited:

Robb

Gold Member
I can't really show any movement, prompts was a little too long but here you go:
Hmm, okay so it can’t really do multiple scenes I guess. Thanks for trying though!

How about this?

“Kratos from God of War jumping bungee jump from a bridge. It is sunny. Low angle shot. High detail cinematic style.”

IDKFA

I am Become Bilbo Baggins
Nah, it might be more like this:

giphy.gif

We normally end up with the boring version of 'future tech'. All of those 80s sci-fi movies had great predictions but were wrong on the execution, especially BTTF2.

Out of those two visions the Wall-E scares me more.

At least in a Terminator future humans still have emotions and are fighting for something.

In the Wall-E universe, "humans" have become nothing more than emotionless husks who's sole purpose is to consume content.

Here are some examples of awesome things other people have done:

Give me more precise prompts because for now the result is... well:

:messenger_tears_of_joy:
Could be amazing for various in-game cinematics.

Clear

CliffyB's Cock Holster
Not impressed by any of it to be honest.

Its just hyper-automation; stacks of basic computational processes used to create a facsimile that can momentarily fool the eye. It doesn't "create" anything, it just recycles, merges and processes existing datasets mindlessly.

I see it as being useful for rapidly creating digital elements, but beyond that... its mostly going to be used for novelty applications.

ADiTAR

ידע זה כוח
It needs like 2-5 years to cook, it's still not really ready, and the prompts are too simplified.

nkarafo

I feel like the AI tech got good too fast. Like really fast. When was the first time we saw the first images? A couple of years ago? Was i late to the party or something?

Oberstein

You know, the funny thing is that the brain has issues with hands in dreams. One trick to figure out if you're dreaming is to look at your hands and push through them. Did it a few times in dreams as the look of the hands is so off and at times alien that it shocks you lucid.

Dhalsim's arm is awkward, but it's mainly her face that's been downgraded. That's what really annoys me.

And text, too.

I've known it since I was a kid. Thanks to the Batman the animated series, by the way.

There's a great episode about it.

Pan03-2.jpg

Last edited:
I feel like the AI tech got good too fast. Like really fast. When was the first time we saw the first images? A couple of years ago? Was i late to the party or something?
I think it has taken around 1 year to reach the current level. Wasn't ChatGPT introduced last year?

Top Bottom