• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Looks like Dreams is getting a PS5 Version soon

They need to release it on PC too for any chance of success.

No it needs to be free on playstation consoles like Astro’s playroom or ps home was and allow donations per game.

It should be playstations equivalent of youtube or twitch for game creation. Possibly add a feature taht lets you chat with the content creators in real time as they play and/or build their games

Last edited:

ZywyPL

Banned
No it needs to be free on playstation consoles like Astro’s playroom or ps home was and allow donations per game.

It should be playstations equivalent of youtube or twitch for game creation. Possibly add a feature taht lets you chat with the content creators in real time as they play and/or build their games

Content creators are on PC, as M+K are just leagues better than a console controller for thos kind of task, giving away the "game" for free on PS4/5 would barely change anything.

Last edited:
Content creators are on PC, as M+K are just leagues better then a console controller for thos king of task, giving away the "game" for free on PS4/5 would barely change anything.
Content creators on pc also have access to 100 better game creation tools than Dreams. Dreams was built around the simplicity of consoles and using controllers

Its like saying mario maker or garage builder would thrive on pc when that isn’t the point.

Last edited:

MHubert

Content creators on pc also have access to 100 better game creation tools than Dreams. Dreams was built around the simplicity of consoles and using controllers

Its like saying mario maker or garage builder would thrive on pc when that isn’t the point.
This is true, but it´s a shame that dreams go under the radar because some of the tools are actually extremely powerful even compared to what you can get on pc (build-in DAW is basically a gamechanger)

I don't play on PC anymore and usually could care less if a game gets posted to PC or not, but this one seems like the obvious no-brainer.

XXL

Even more people can ignore it now.
Cry Reaction GIF by SpongeBob SquarePants

XXL

I still don't get what Sony's strategy is for Dreams...if they even have one. I keep being scared for this studio, lmao.
They need to refine the creation tools to make creation easier for the average person and focus on making it a VR game maker, in my opinion that would be the best strategy.

I still don't get what Sony's strategy is for Dreams...if they even have one. I keep being scared for this studio, lmao.

I mean ultimately it is probably up to Media Molecule to decide whether they want to put this on the PC. Porting it to the PC and making sure that everything that already exists works going forward, might be quite the endeavor for such a small studio, which means getting outside help, which means more cost/risk.

It's sitting on an 89 on Metacritic. A PS5 and PC version would give it a chance at a second life.

RoadHazard

Gold Member
Content creators are on PC, as M+K are just leagues better than a console controller for thos kind of task, giving away the "game" for free on PS4/5 would barely change anything.

I understood Move works very well for 3D content creation and sculpting (better than mouse for the sculpting stuff specifically). Now that's not a thing anymore obviously, but Dreams creation in PSVR2 with the new fully tracked controllers? That's gonna be ace.

EverydayBeast

thinks Halo Infinite is a new graphical benchmark
I think they really liked the creation tools but for whatever reason they didn’t get big like Little Big Planet.

iamvin22

Industry Verified

Fire sire, Just fire and we'll said. PS home generated millions.

Lognor

Banned

That's a great idea and Sony will take their cut on every microtransaction or donation. So why isn't Sony doing this?

Notabueno

Banned
Too late. Those dumb new Sony execs...

Dreams should have SHIPPED with the PS5 like Astro's Playroom, now I'm sure they want to try releasing it again with the PSVR2, but it's too late.

BlvckFox

Gold Member
Will look into it as I didn’t check it out on PS4. I Wish MM just put out another Little Big Planet.

skit_data

Make a goddamn PC version.
This here is the definition of stupidity. Releasing games like God of War and Horizon Zero Dawn on PC but not this game. Media Molecule collecting dust for whatever reason when they can create a big PC game/platform for Sony that could grow to become one of their most successful ventures into PC gaming.

Last edited:

BennyBlanco

aka IMurRIVAL69
Make a goddamn PC version.
This here is the definition of stupidity. Releasing games like God of War and Horizon Zero Dawn on PC but not this game. Media Molecule collecting dust for whatever reason when they can create a big PC game/platform for Sony that could grow to become one of their most successful ventures into PC gaming.

Same reason they’re not porting destruction all stars. No reason to pump more resources into a flop. Just cut your losses and move on. I hope media molecule next game is a hit because damn they need it.

skit_data

Same reason they’re not porting destruction all stars. No reason to pump more resources into a flop. Just cut your losses and move on. I hope media molecule next game is a hit because damn they need it.
Destruction All-Stars is a bad game.

Dreams isn’t bad, some of the creations made in dreams are very impressive. The only problem with Dreams that made me leave it was the horrible controls and interface. It could easily be a great creative tool for PC if done right. Like a less complex UE or Unity.

Ar¢tos

Sorry for the necrobump, but any news on this?
Many studios have made ps5 versions of their games, but MM seems to be just sitting on their ass regarding PS5. PSVR2 comes out next month and there isn't even a ps5 version of the game. People are still limited to ps4 pro capabilities in their creations.

Sorry for the necrobump, but any news on this?
Many studios have made ps5 versions of their games, but MM seems to be just sitting on their ass regarding PS5. PSVR2 comes out next month and there isn't even a ps5 version of the game. People are still limited to ps4 pro capabilities in their creations.
The ps5 already takes advantge of the Dream creation engine, giving content creators the ability to add more gpu utilization in their games. A proper Dreams ps5 port should be made from the ground up, and could also be ported to pc. That way users can build games that take advantge of the haptic feedback and trigger resistance. I suspect much like the PSVR1 being build around old hardware, the controls in Dreams are not universal, making it hard to port to PSVR2 or other platforms that dont use motion controls or joysticks for 3-D modeling.

Some Pc content creators have already tried Dreams and said its not something they will spend any significant time with because theres no way to export your content and earn money. Im sure there plenty out there who will do it for free, but thats the kind of challnege a PC port brings. The game wasnt designed with p2p sales or a digital storefront, so its at a disadvantage against other game creation engines on PC, which are more powerful too.

I think if Dreams has a future as a franchise for Sony, eventually it will be as a PC port, that modders will....mod to become something of it own, and Media Molecule will be open to support. Kind of like Arma to Day Z.

Last edited:

Yes, that's actually a good idea. It could become PlayStation's Roblox. Just add a currency where players/kids can buy player generated bullshit to stick on their character.
Secretly bought with daddies credit card of course. :)

Top Bottom