• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Looking to BUY: Red SOAP Sorchers (grind shoes) from Sonic Adventure 2 back in the day

jcorb

One of the only times I owned anything truly "cool" as a kid, I'd saved up for like almost a year to afford a pair of those shoes back when I was in middle or high school. I wore the shit out of them, and my mother eventually gave them away to good will or something (she actually did that all the time with my stuff, I legit have some lingering issues because of that).

I would honestly do anything to get a pair of those shoes again, just to setup in some kind of display. I suppose it's a sign of me slowly becoming an old man, but that's just a time in my life that brings back a lot of happy memories, and even if they're a shoe size I can't wear, it would just be awesome to have.

I've spent countless hours over the years trying to find a pair, but to no avail. I figure posting here is kind of a last-ditch effort, but who knows; maybe someone here might happen to have a pair?

Anyways, I'd be eternally grateful if anyone has a pair they'd be willing to share. But hey, if you even HAVE a pair, please share some photos of it! Even if you're not looking to sell! Those shoes always looked cool as shit, I feel like others deserve to see how awesome they look, too!

hybrid_birth

One of the only times I owned anything truly "cool" as a kid, I'd saved up for like almost a year to afford a pair of those shoes back when I was in middle or high school. I wore the shit out of them, and my mother eventually gave them away to good will or something (she actually did that all the time with my stuff, I legit have some lingering issues because of that).

I would honestly do anything to get a pair of those shoes again, just to setup in some kind of display. I suppose it's a sign of me slowly becoming an old man, but that's just a time in my life that brings back a lot of happy memories, and even if they're a shoe size I can't wear, it would just be awesome to have.

I've spent countless hours over the years trying to find a pair, but to no avail. I figure posting here is kind of a last-ditch effort, but who knows; maybe someone here might happen to have a pair?

Anyways, I'd be eternally grateful if anyone has a pair they'd be willing to share. But hey, if you even HAVE a pair, please share some photos of it! Even if you're not looking to sell! Those shoes always looked cool as shit, I feel like others deserve to see how awesome they look, too!
I know some kids who had those in elementary school. Sadly I lost contact with them. Everyone in my school was obsessed with sonic, including me. I was going to ask for those shoes for my birthday. But instead I asked for a dreamcast and sonic adventure.

Looking back I regret it. I just wasn't an active kid. I loved sonic adventure 2 though. It looked so cool.

This guy on Twitter has some of the shoes, he posted last year. Maybe he will sell them.

Last edited:

Unknown?

If you want shoes like that, I.E. grindshoes, they are still made today by a different company. The company is called Epic Grindshoes. If they HAVE to be Soaps and specifically the red Scorchers.... Well good luck! I have a pair of Soap Scabs still. About 11 years ago in 2013 a company had TONS of old new unsold stock and I got quite a few pairs back then but sold all but one since what am I going to do with a bunch of shoes in a closet. Lol

Top Bottom