• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Looking for PC wireless bluetooth adapter recommendations for PS5 Dualsense controller

As the title mentions, I'm looking to use my PS5 dualsense controller on my PC and need a good wireless bluetooth adapter. Taking all recommendations for a reliable one :)

BennyBlanco

aka IMurRIVAL69
Yes much better. I had the xbox adapter but it had poor range compared to mayflash.

Man I might do this. My Xbox controller will randomly disconnect at the most inconvenient times. I was playing Moron Kombat 1 last night and it disconnected halfway through the final round that I was totally about to win.

phant0m

Is the connection over Bluetooth? I thought that’s laggier than the Xbox protocol or is it all the same
I believe you’re correct, it uses Xbox proprietary 2.4Ghz signal. Idk how much “lag” you could perceive between the 2.

I just use the Xbox adapter and have been happy.

violence

I gave up on the Xbox adapter thingy for PC. Not so much disconnects, but a lot of times just won’t connect till I unplug it and then plug it back in. I’m back to wired.

twilo99

I believe you’re correct, it uses Xbox proprietary 2.4Ghz signal. Idk how much “lag” you could perceive between the 2.

I just use the Xbox adapter and have been happy.

That's what I thought and I remember reading somewhere that their 2.4 Ghz is better than Bluetooth but it's probably not noticeable, at least in most games.

Is the connection over Bluetooth? I thought that’s laggier than the Xbox protocol or is it all the same
I just use the Bluetooth connection and have no problems with lag or disconnect. Never even heard of the adapter till people mentioned connection problems.

Kuranghi

Any decent branded Bluetooth 5.0 (or above 5.0) USB Adapter will do fine. Then download DS4Windows, instructions for install here:

DS4Windows is the only way to get both Rumble/Haptics and Gyro working wirelessly AND use it in any game that supports at least the Xbox controller. It might take 30 mins or so to get it working right but its amazing once you do and after than configuring any game is usually just starting the game and nothing else but if the game has official support for DS4/Dualsense you can either disable it and use official support but I prefer to do something that takes about 30 seconds, which means you bypass the official support so you can still use all the features wirelessly and also get the advanced features of DS4Windows like customizing the LED brightness and colour (I have mine set to it slowly turns from Blue to Red as the battery runs out, its awesome what you can do) or setting up two stage triggers, fixing shitty deadzones in games.

Its really a very impressive piece of software, just PM me if you have trouble setting it up and I can also give you my custom profile settings so you just flick between profiles, either manually or I can show you way to have it automatically switch the profile based on what game is running.

That's what I thought and I remember reading somewhere that their 2.4 Ghz is better than Bluetooth but it's probably not noticeable, at least in most games.

I think theres a video out there comparing the protocols and its not a meaningful difference, maybe for fighting games or the like it would matter though.

MAYFLASH Magic-S PRO 2 is incredible. It extended the range of my xbox controller.

I have the old original Magic-S, which I used for DS4/Dualsense on Switch and Joy-Cons on PC but even the Magic-S Pro 2 doesn't go gyro through wireless it seems so I'd still use DS4Windows. Having said that the Pro 2 has rumble support wirelessly now I read and the Mayflash devices are definitely going to be a bit less hassle to setup that DS4Windows.

Last edited:

Soodanim

Gold Member
Any decent branded Bluetooth 5.0 (or above 5.0) USB Adapter will do fine. Then download DS4Windows, instructions for install here:

DS4Windows is the only way to get both Rumble/Haptics and Gyro working wirelessly AND use it in any game that supports at least the Xbox controller. It might take 30 mins or so to get it working right but its amazing once you do and after than configuring any game is usually just starting the game and nothing else but if the game has official support for DS4/Dualsense you can either disable it and use official support but I prefer to do something that takes about 30 seconds, which means you bypass the official support so you can still use all the features wirelessly and also get the advanced features of DS4Windows like customizing the LED brightness and colour (I have mine set to it slowly turns from Blue to Red as the battery runs out, its awesome what you can do) or setting up two stage triggers, fixing shitty deadzones in games.

Its really a very impressive piece of software, just PM me if you have trouble setting it up and I can also give you my custom profile settings so you just flick between profiles, either manually or I can show you way to have it automatically switch the profile based on what game is running.

I think theres a video out there comparing the protocols and its not a meaningful difference, maybe for fighting games or the like it would matter though.
I used to use my DS4 wirelessly via DS4Windows with zero problems until one of the updates to either it or the required software in the second half of last year broke wireless support for me (and others out there, I checked the DS4W Reddit), and since then I've never been able to get wireless working again.

Now I just go wired and let Steam Input handle everything, the on the fly editing in the overlay is a nice boost and it's actually more flexible than DS4W in some ways (like touchpad functions). I'm half tempted to try the Mayflash adapter suggested ITT though, the functionality it has might help.

Kuranghi

I used to use my DS4 wirelessly via DS4Windows with zero problems until one of the updates to either it or the required software in the second half of last year broke wireless support for me (and others out there, I checked the DS4W Reddit), and since then I've never been able to get wireless working again.

Now I just go wired and let Steam Input handle everything, the on the fly editing in the overlay is a nice boost and it's actually more flexible than DS4W in some ways (like touchpad functions). I'm half tempted to try the Mayflash adapter suggested ITT though, the functionality it has might help.

I can never go back to wired at this point, I'm in the living room 8 feet from the PC USB ports.

Lupin3

Targeting terrorists with a D-Pad
I'm using the 8bitdo USB Wireless Adapter 2 and it's been working great. Connects all the time, and is really fast.

Do you mean the touchpad? I don't know if I've ever tried it since I only use the DS5 as an alternative to my Elite. Know of any games that support it?
yeah the touchpad. GOW 2018, GOW Ragnarok and spiderman 2 are some examples

Last edited:

drotahorror

Just get this and be done with it

Has a nice dock, 2.4ghz (no bluetooth lag) and never drops a beat. Can't use dualsense features wirelessly, natively, on PC anyway.

Best decision I made for a PC controller. No stupid ass xbox adapter disconnects, no loud af xbox series controller dpad/buttons. Great controller all around.

azertydu91

Hard to Kill

I have the old original Magic-S, which I used for DS4/Dualsense on Switch and Joy-Cons on PC but even the Magic-S Pro 2 doesn't go gyro through wireless it seems so I'd still use DS4Windows. Having said that the Pro 2 has rumble support wirelessly now I read and the Mayflash devices are definitely going to be a bit less hassle to setup that DS4Windows.
You can also increase the refresh rate of the DS4 or the dual sense to get the best response time,I think it is probably among the most responsive controllers once tweaked.

MikeM

My motherboard’s (b650 MSI Tomahawk Wifi) blutooth works great with the Dualsense. It even sends over basic vibration signals that way. Still need a wire for full features though.

Top Bottom