• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Locale Magazine's top 5 food challenges in Los Angeles

Status
Not open for further replies.

The Technomancer

card-carrying scientician
What’s the Challenge?

You need to sit down for this one: eight challengers must polish off a 54” x 54” size pizza with any toppings selected in two hours!

What do you win?

Apart from the respect of your peers and an anticipated burping contest, the entire group wins 1,000 dollars, and the entire pizza is free ($218 value). You also get a photo of your team boasting success!

Who’s finished?

Although attempted every week, only roughly three groups of professionals have finished.
This one doesn't seem that bad for some reason. Nine friends and I finished off a 32" pizza pretty easily. Yes the surface area here is three times larger, but if we pushed ourselves I bet we could have eaten three times as much for a challenge

XiaNaphryz

LATIN, MATRIPEDICABUS, DO YOU SPEAK IT
This one doesn't seem that bad for some reason. Nine friends and I finished off a 32" pizza pretty easily. Yes the surface area here is three times larger, but if we pushed ourselves I bet we could have eaten three times as much for a challenge

As Kitsune said earlier in the thread, it'll come down to how thick the crust is. That much more bread can really make a difference.

FStop7

Banned
I can't. Food challenges are just fucking stupid to me.

Yeah, but I'd try something "normal" at that ramen place. Or the ice cream place. So I guess they've succeeded in raising awareness of their business.

Big Mama's & Papa's pizza is trash, by the way.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom