• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

List of known resolutions for next-gen games

Gvaz

Banned
I was talking to guy comparing it to PC Graphics, no one is buying the consoles to get PC level graphics.

If you are buying a $400-$500 console for 2 games, then you shouldn't...

If you think that there will only be 1-2 games that wont be ported to PC, then you are delusional.

Oh there will be ports, but of mostly shitty or okay games. No ports of RDR here!

EvB

I wouldn't trust anything a studio says,

Let the pixel counters be the judge.

How do we stand if we have a lower res frame buffer and 1080p post processing?

I have another new entry artist can add to the OP. The game is The Evil Within, and the pixel counting was done off a Gamersyde screenshot of the recent trailer. Analysis and pics are in my pixel counting thread, but the upshot is that the game is 1920x1080. The trailer doesn't specify a platform, so I'd suggest listing it for both PS4 and One unless further details emerge.

artist

Banned
Is anyone else bothered by the OPs avatar and their inability to update the thread with new info?
I keep bias out of any of my OPs, which is why I included Wii U regardless of my personal opinion.

I have another new entry artist can add to the OP. The game is The Evil Within, and the pixel counting was done off a Gamersyde screenshot of the recent trailer. Analysis and pics are in my pixel counting thread, but the upshot is that the game is 1920x1080. The trailer doesn't specify a platform, so I'd suggest listing it for both PS4 and One unless further details emerge.
Thanks, I'll check with Blim if he knows the version.

D-e-f-

Banned
The Legend of Zelda: The Windwaker HD = 1920x1080 (60fps)

Wrong. Wind Waker is 30fps like the original.
Pikmin 3 is 30fps, too.

Also:
Mass Effect 3: Conrad Edition
wtf is a Conrad Edition? The thing is called Special Edition lol

Need For Speed: Most Wanted (2012)
It's called Need for Speed: Most Wanted U and didn't come out in 2013.

not sure how accurate you want your list to be but at least have proper game names :)

Bayonetta 2 is aiming for 60fps (source: kamiya twitter, gameplay vids), resolution is unconfirmed (unreliable 1080p reports shouldn't be used as sources)
The Wonderful 101 is 720/60fps

Mar Nosso

Banned
Good job! It's informative and useful. Better yet would be including links to where is has been proven that a certain game has its resolution (for example, CoD: Ghosts on PS4 being 1080p and 60fps).

Keep it up! :)

Jedi2016

Is anyone worried that there's a lot of X1 titles without confirmed resolutions that no one's even seen yet? Seems a lot of devs are more than happy to show PS4 footage, but hardly any of them are showing X1 footage. Conspiracy or shame?

Is anyone worried that there's a lot of X1 titles without confirmed resolutions that no one's even seen yet? Seems a lot of devs are more than happy to show PS4 footage, but hardly any of them are showing X1 footage. Conspiracy or shame?

Only time will tell what that really means. But any PS3 multiplatform owner could tell you what it meant when a developer didn't want people to see the PS3 version of their game before its release.

For the OP

Warframe is 1080p x 60fps

Blacklight Retribution is 1080p x 60fps

Pretty sure War Thunder is also 1080p but unsure of fps ( but the War Thunder devs have been actively talking about the power of the PS4 for some time )

Transistors is 1080p

At this point the only 2 games that are not 1080p on the PS4 is The Order and Battlefield 4. Everything else seems to be 1080p.

For the OP

Pretty sure War Thunder is also 1080p but unsure of fps ( but the War Thunder devs have been actively talking about the power of the PS4 for some time )

Transistors is 1080p

At this point the only 2 games that are not 1080p on the PS4 is The Order and Battlefield 4. Everything else seems to be 1080p.

You should provide links if you can.

Also, that's unfair to The Order if it's truly an artistic decision on the aspect ratio. The pixels on display will have the same density as 1080p.

beast786

Which game are you talking about?

AC and NFS are the only one I can think of

viveks86

For the OP

Transistors is 1080p

1080p is confirmed, but not 60, right? Thought I read an article about it today.

EDIT: Here you go!

http://gamingbolt.com/blacklight-retribution-ps4-runs-at-1080p-with-pc-settings-cranked-up-to-highest-highest-fps-targeted

Gerritzen also confirmed that the game is “currently at 1080p, and as the game evolves” they are “targeting the highest frame rates possible.”

Jedi2016

Which game are you talking about?

AC and NFS are the only one I can think of
I dunno, whatever's on the list. The PS4 list is a hell of a lot bigger, I'm sure they're not ALL exclusives, are they?

Not resolution-related, but I'm also curious to see the other 1080p games on X1, to see if they had to sacrifice anything to get it running that high.

It says "as the game evolves". That has to be explicitly mentioned in the OP to avoid confusion. Also "highest framerates possible" could mean anything.

Pretty safe to say what he means here lol. Don't think 30fps is targeting the " highest FPS ".

They confirmed 60fps in the livestream they did a long time ago of Blacklight on the PS4, but thats just something you have to watch to hear. The demo was running 60fps anyway.

In an interview the developer says " I feel that the PS4 version of Blacklight: Retribution will be the be-all end-all version, and what we set out to make a number of years ago."

viveks86

Pretty safe to say what he means here lol. Don't think 30fps is targeting the " highest FPS ".

They confirmed 60fps in the livestream they did a long time ago of Blacklight on the PS4, but thats just something you have to watch to hear. The demo was running 60fps anyway.

In an interview the developer says " I feel that the PS4 version of Blacklight: Retribution will be the be-all end-all version, and what we set out to make a number of years ago."

They outright said 60fps at E3.

Can we get a source for this? All I'm saying is that we shouldn't get anything on that list without bulletproof evidence. I remember them mentioning it in the livestream as well, but it's not too difficult to say 60 fps instead of "highest possible frame rate as the game evolves". By the way, the link I posted is a lot more recent than E3. What do you think is the rationale behind that? I'm seeing the same kind of uncertainty as driveclub's framerate, which should be mentioned if 60 fps goes into the OP.

That's one of the reasons we haven't put crimson dragon as 1080p yet.

Can we get a source for this? All I'm saying is that we shouldn't get anything on that list without bulletproof evidence. I remember them mentioning it in the livestream as well, but it's not too difficult to say 60 fps instead of "highest possible frame rate as the game evolves". What do you think is the rationale behind that? I'm seeing the same kind of uncertainty as driveclub's framerate, which should be mentioned if 60 fps goes into the OP.

Hmmm yeah I dunno, don't know of an article out there that says 60fps. So guess we can just keep it at 1080p for now.

As for Warframe, there are many articles with the devs talking about the power of the PS4, but this one they say the PC / PS4 versions will be identical, except for the controls

http://www.examiner.com/article/ps4-version-of-warframe-will-be-identical-to-pc-build

viveks86

Hmmm yeah I dunno, don't know of an article out there that says 60fps. So guess we can just keep it at 1080p for now.

As for Warframe, there are many articles with the devs talking about the power of the PS4, but this one they say the PC / PS4 versions will be identical, except for the controls[URL="http://www.examiner.com/article/ps4-version-of-warframe-will-be-identical-to-pc-build"[/url][/URL]

Agreed. Since they have mentioned it, I'm ok if the OP says "Targeting 60 fps", just like Driveclub.

For warframe, it's the same issue. The link you have could be referring to effects and graphical settings for all we know. I'd really like to see an explicit "1080p60", before it goes on to the OP. Sorry for being so anal. Just trying to keep the list authoritative and sacrosanct. :)

nib95

Banned
Shadow Fall is 30-60fps variable for SP I think. Triple buffered and v-synced. I think Dead Rising 3 is 720p instead of dynamic resolution as well now based on some recent impressions from the newer builds.

Spongebob

Banned
There is a Blacklight Retribution dev who posts here (can't remember his/her username) that said that they're aim is 1080p/60fps.

viveks86

Shadow Fall is 30-60fps variable for SP I think. Triple buffered and v-synced. I think Dead Rising 3 is 720p instead of dynamic resolution as well now based on some recent impressions from the newer builds.

Agree that Killzone SP fps should be corrected in the OP. I don't know about 30-60 FPS, but it's definitely 30+ unlocked. We know this much for sure:

The singleplayer campaign of Killzone: Shadow Fall is rendered in a native 1920x1080p resolution with framerates ranging between 35 and 40 frames per second.

http://www.gamereactor.eu/articles/96034/A+new+Killzone+for+a+new+generation/

Steven ter Heide ‏@StevenTerHeide1 2h
@KoutsoubasK @MvdLeeuwGG Campaign is 30+ unlocked, MP is 60.
3:39 PM - 3 Nov 13 · Details

Is there any dev quote or pixel count for dead rising?

borghe

Loves the Greater Toronto Area
Oh man. I was just looking at a thread similar to this on beyond3d for the current gen. Awesome thread. Subscribed!

Also agree about The Order. While not technically 1080p, for all of the merits one would want from 1080p (aliasing, scaling, etc) it is 1080p. It's essentially 1080p just with no rendering information in the top and bottom black bars.

It's like calling a 2.4:1 blu-ray "not 1080p".

Top Bottom