• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Like A Dragon: Gaiden English dub will not be available on the 11/8 launch date and will release as a post-launch patch (no official date yet)

SlimeGooGoo

Party Gooper
Miss Piggy Whatever GIF by Sky

jshackles

Gentlemen, we can rebuild it. We have the capability to make the world's first enhanced store. Steam will be that store. Better than it was before.
I wonder if they're talking days? Weeks? Months?

I mean - they don't have a physical release of the game, so it's going to take a couple of weeks for me to even play it as it's coming on the slow boat. Also sucks since this means the English dub won't be on the disk itself.

Skelterz

Is this the turnbased Yakuza title? If so that’s a damn shame. I swear they already announced no physical copy also, Why are we being shat on? I know this is a somewhat niche title but didn’t Like a dragon do the best numbers in the series?

I'd like to know how many people wouldn't have used the English dub anyway. 80%? More? Less?
It really doesn't bother me, but I guess including the dubs from Day One was expected by everybody. Didn't this happen with 13 Sentinels as well?

Last edited:

Comandr

Yong Yea's Kiryu sounds like a young man trying to sound like a growly old man. Kiryu is in his 50's. No way in hell could I enjoy Kiryu portrayed by anyone other than the legendary Takaya Kuroda - who is, incidentally, actually in his 50's.

Last edited:

tommycronin

Delaying the inevitable of trash he's gonna be as Kiryu. I'll always be grateful I started playing Yakuza with the Japanese voices to avoid shit like this. Have we heard any actual official studio voice of his attempt at Kiryu yet?

Hudo

Dunno why but the "Kiryu games", I tend to play with Japanese dub and English subs. But the "Ichiban games", I enjoy the English dub quite a lot. But since this is a "Kiryu game", this news doesn't affect me.

Top Bottom