• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Let the old man yell at FIFA

keraj37

What a mess of a game!
We really need a competition to wipe EA out of virtual football market, but the only candidate died on our eyes (PES).

I am playing FIFA "next-gen" - the console exclusive - since its start - FIFA 2021 on XSX.
And since then, to this day, there is a huge bug not fixed, and repeated in every new installment.
In career mode, if you use 3 possible substitutes in a match and let the rest of the match to be simulated, then sometimes you can see that there was made a fourth substitution:
Do they have QA? If yes, they should be fired or the management that ignored theirs BUG reports.
LLt1JEP.jpg

(There are other bugs, even a game breakers like starting a Champions League game for your club that didn't even qualify, among others.)
rdrcAWO.jpg

But you know, I don't blame EA: they know they own the market, and even if they release a trailer with a T-pose model...
FIFA-23.JPG.jpg

...the next FIFA will dominate the UK game sales anyway.

Thanati

Agreed. The latest FIFA was/is an abomination. It’s god awful. 22 was okaaayyyy but nothing special. My favorite is still FIFA 2012.

But yes. 23 is terrible.

We're well beyond the point of changing anything.

People buy it every year and so why in the fuck would EA ever change anything? The fact is most people are happy with the quality of the game. It's the same with Pokemon. Shit tier games but it's Pokemon so it sells.

Things will only change if people stop buying them. It's not going to happen as there is no competition. EA and GF need a right good boot up the balloon knot.

Ishma3L

It's an extremely popular franchise. You're part of a microcosm here on NeoGAF, complaining about bugs that some people don't even notice or care about. It's not outrageous or unrealistic. It's a product with a popular license attached to it. Don't like it, don't buy it. Please shut up though.

anthraticus

Banned
You're doing it wrong and supposed to be ignoring all this crap and playing the good soccer games (old school PES on PS2)

People are still updating squads for these games and keep working on them, cause the newshit is so bad.

Last edited:
Well you're going to get your wish one way or another, good or bad remains to be seen.

Gianni Infantino, the controversial president of world soccer federation FIFA, has revealed that an announcement of a brand-new FIFA-licensed series of video games to rival EA Sports FC will be coming “very soon.”

Personally I hope they ditch the crap controls of more recent soccer game releases and improve the difficulty scaling, it's basically newb or pro and little in between. I'm waiting for a solid soccer game that I enjoy the controls with beyond the tutorial modes.

However, given FIFA's Infantino's statement -

“The new FIFA game – the FIFA 25, 26, 27 and so on – will always be the best egame for any girl or boy, we will have news on this very soon.”

It does not have good optics for how he/FIFA envision gaming related to football. Hopefully the new developers really nail a fun and competitive game with brilliant controls. Also some alternative modes would be awesome or a little story something like Sandler's bball movie Hustle would be a cool "rags to riches street mode" addition. Perhaps they could shake things up with a tournament mode where real players are locked into specific players or a trio of players coordinating to coach, manage and play a team. Something different or spun off would be nice.

GHG

Pes 2021 season update was the last great football game we got.

Just play that and mod it to get updated squads, kits, etc.

yansolo

its unbelievable to me that there are no longer any good football games to play, and looks like there is nothing on the horizon either.
modded pes is great, but its been thrashed

GymWolf

Ea should leave all its sport brands to actually good developer, their ufc series is pretty bad aswell.

Last edited:

DosGamer

I think the rule for football at least this year is 5 subs instead of 3, but you can only make subs at 3 points during the game per side. So, in other words you couldn't have 5 subs and sub in 5 guys individually one by one.
Now, if there is a head injury it will be allotted as an extra sub, but it has to be a defined noted head injury like a concussion.
Has EA actually put this data into the game? I highly doubt it.
My complaint with Fifa has always been the same.... when playing the computer... there are just some times that no matter what I do... I am not going to win. I can miss 20 some shots and the computer only get 1 shot and beat me....

DosGamer

De Gea accruate save animations against West Ham
I love De Gea, but doesnt it seem like atleast once a season he has a seriously bone headed ass play.
I think it was last year he kicked the ball out on a save and hit the guy in the back on the clearance and it bounced off into the net.

Top Bottom