• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Lesson from Hogwarts Legacy: Being woke and pandering gets you nowhere, a game sells well only because it is a good game

Status
Not open for further replies.

anthony2690

Banned
It may help, but looking at Avengers losing Squeenix around 100 million USD, it is clearly not a panacea.
I still think if that game was a single player game and not a gaas title it probably would've been received much better & maybe even successful?

I personally really enjoyed my initial playthrough on Series X, but lost interest with the end game.

Bo_Hazem

Banned
lol

I'm loving the game right now, but just stop with this shit of pretending those Twitch views are based on solely the game alone.

Strong doubt on that.

People in this very site have literally made statements about them not even caring about the Harry Potter IP and talking in those threads about the controversy, so one has to believe that is the same thing that is happening regarding Twitch. In regards to its sales, its a great game from what I'm playing, but stop trying to force this narrative that its getting great sales based on

As if THAT is the reason why its selling lol Before folks even found out about that whole controversy, they where already fucking trying to start their hate bandwagon call this game "woke" and it was many people in this site that had to tell them it wasn't....so what the fuck does that even tell you about this whole thing?

This literally is the very game many of you would be making those "woke" statements about....yet because of those JK comments, suddenly all of that is now being ignored and its not "woke"? lol Yea...I don't know about all that folks, I think many of you would have been fucking making those claims about this game being "woke" if it wasn't for those comments that JK has been making and the sides that are going at it regarding this title.

I just don't fucking believe that many of you without knowing all that shit going on, where going to say this wasn't "woke" and for fuck sakes, some of you called Forspoken woke. So if you remove those JK comments, you guys would have just attacked this game with they very same claims that were made about other titles.

So I'm not saying you've made this claim, merely that if you can understand the diversity in this game not being some secret agenda, extend that belief to other titles too as from where I sit, many on here would have just called this game "woke" like the rest of the stuff they've had conspiracies about.

Folks literally made a big deal about being able to pick from a girl or boy in an Assassins Creed RPG, as if that was new thing in RPGs...so lets not pretend that wasn't some thing that people where claiming, if we can understand this, lets extend that idea to titles literally just doing exactly what this is doing lol Its not that hard. I don't think this game is magically doing anything different regarding that. Merely that there is no sexy narrative to argue about "woke" this or that. Literally NOTHING can happen different with the core idea about this game and lets say JK is saying the opposite....are you sure this is what you are saying about Hogwarts Legacy then?

@Johnny Concrete nah, I'd say its based on being well made. The Harry Potter IP has been used for decades in gaming, like Spiderman it take the right team with great quality to get this type of traction, so I can't just pretend its the IP alone in this one.

didnt read GIF

He made you proud thicc_girls_are_teh_best thicc_girls_are_teh_best .👏

lol

I'm loving the game right now, but just stop with this shit of pretending those Twitch views are based on solely the game alone.

Strong doubt on that.

People in this very site have literally made statements about them not even caring about the Harry Potter IP and talking in those threads about the controversy, so one has to believe that is the same thing that is happening regarding Twitch. In regards to its sales, its a great game from what I'm playing, but stop trying to force this narrative that its getting great sales based on

As if THAT is the reason why its selling lol Before folks even found out about that whole controversy, they where already fucking trying to start their hate bandwagon call this game "woke" and it was many people in this site that had to tell them it wasn't....so what the fuck does that even tell you about this whole thing?

This literally is the very game many of you would be making those "woke" statements about....yet because of those JK comments, suddenly all of that is now being ignored and its not "woke"? lol Yea...I don't know about all that folks, I think many of you would have been fucking making those claims about this game being "woke" if it wasn't for those comments that JK has been making and the sides that are going at it regarding this title.

I just don't fucking believe that many of you without knowing all that shit going on, where going to say this wasn't "woke" and for fuck sakes, some of you called Forspoken woke. So if you remove those JK comments, you guys would have just attacked this game with they very same claims that were made about other titles.

So I'm not saying you've made this claim, merely that if you can understand the diversity in this game not being some secret agenda, extend that belief to other titles too as from where I sit, many on here would have just called this game "woke" like the rest of the stuff they've had conspiracies about.

Folks literally made a big deal about being able to pick from a girl or boy in an Assassins Creed RPG, as if that was new thing in RPGs...so lets not pretend that wasn't some thing that people where claiming, if we can understand this, lets extend that idea to titles literally just doing exactly what this is doing lol Its not that hard. I don't think this game is magically doing anything different regarding that. Merely that there is no sexy narrative to argue about "woke" this or that. Literally NOTHING can happen different with the core idea about this game and lets say JK is saying the opposite....are you sure this is what you are saying about Hogwarts Legacy then?

@Johnny Concrete nah, I'd say its based on being well made. The Harry Potter IP has been used for decades in gaming, like Spiderman it take the right team with great quality to get this type of traction, so I can't just pretend its the IP alone in this one.
Sigh, of course you are being you.

1. I don't even know the correlation you were referring about Twitch, I mentioned it as a metric for the success result, not for reason.

2. I never omitted the woke elements in the game, I said this already in previous post, I think those are pointless, as they tried to include them to pander the woke people and it did not work, they should drop those and focus more on making a high quality game.

Now we can move on, thanks.

dugdug

Banned
I think it's absolutely hilarious that the same people who previously called games woke trash for simply featuring women with muscles or short hair are now willing to overlook all of the stuff you mentioned because the overarching drama around JKR forces them to side with her and defend the game no matter what.

All because they want to be little wizards flying around on brooms and pew-pewing each other with sticks.

These psychos are so fucking weird, man.

This could be the watershed moment where it actually clicks for a lof of them. The people doing the most harm to 'their' community is themselves. Actually, these people are doing the most damage to a community they are trying to supplant and claim to be part of is more accurate:
9dc934dd5cf725bd1li60.jpeg

wJMP6gC.jpg

3q9EzGI.jpg
p0Fvrnf.jpg

cwV2blc.jpg

Most trans activists are gay haters. They are thousand of messages on Twitter to call on dearh for « white gays ». Most trans activits are now very openly homophobius and racists. There is no more a LBGTQ+ community due to most of trans activties. Some want to kil all of gay fights and rights, just like fascists.

EDMIX

I think it's absolutely hilarious that the same people who previously called games woke trash for simply featuring women with muscles or short hair are now willing to overlook all of the stuff you mentioned because the overarching drama around JKR forces them to side with her and defend the game no matter what.

Pretty much.

The irony.

It makes me question if they even give a shit about any of that stuff or if they just make those claims based on fighting some side or something lol If you google Harry Potter and "woke" and simply put in a date from 2019 and under, all you get is "JK is woke" or "Harry Potter is woke" etc, so I can see how the hate mob even started around this game saying it was woke, then others told them about the JK controversy and then they were like....

"give me a minute, I need to see if I'm upset or not about this"

math-lady.gif

HL3.exe

lol

Strong doubt on that.

True. Whining about 'wokeness' is as cringe as those dumbfucks bullying streamers online.

Black_Stride

do not tempt fate do not contrain Wonder Woman's thighs do not do not
All publishers and devs should take the freaking notes.

Nearly 700k concurrent players on Steam, #1 single player game on Twitch. You want commercial success? All you need is just to deliver a fun and well made game! That's what the overwhelming majority player base want, a fun game. Make them happy, your shits will sell like crazy.

Are we just gonna ignore the fact Harry Potter is a huge huge IP?
It had a huge huge marketing push.
All the stink these people made about the game ended up giving it even more exposure.

But sure sure all you need for commercial success is deliver a fun game, well made game.

Meanwhile a fun, well made game that even had the backing of a moderately popular IP.
Critically amazing, commercially.......
EGS_MarvelsMidnightSuns_FiraxisGames_S2_1200x1600-2bbbf1249898e7441527c7b5679b1dd2

So please, OP dont be so reductive in your analysis.

Devs dont sit there thinking ohh man I gotta make a game thats NOT fun and a game thats badly made.
If it was that easy literally every game would be a hit.....but thats not how the world work.
Good games can and will be financial "failures", mediocre games can and do end up being huge successes.....if the answers to this were as easy as make it fun, do you really think mid games would even exist?

Freeman76

That's not what I meant tho, lol, I was saying a licensed game would sell more if it is a good one. There are big IP games that flopped due to shallow quality as folks mentioned in previous post.

Fantastic beasts is a good example to highlight this. Written by the same person, set in the same universe, but compared to HP it's a bit of a flop. Just doesn't hit the right notes so doesn't gain as much traction.[/QUOTE]

Last edited:

Redneckerz

Those long posts don't cover that red neck boy
All publishers and devs should take the freaking notes.

Nearly 700k concurrent players on Steam, #1 single player game on Twitch. You want commercial success? All you need is just to deliver a fun and well made game! That's what the overwhelming majority player base want, a fun game. Make them happy, your shits will sell like crazy.

As for the rest tiny bit fraction of the woke mobs and journalists? Look at the pathetic boycott failing and degenerating into a straight up harassment campaign, those fuckers are just hateful losers with a loud mouth. They can't dictate what people can enjoy what they can not, they are just powerless.

By pandering I mean soullessly altering the game's settings and writings only to awkwardly fit a narrative. I am on board for diversity and different perspectives if it is organically integrated into the game design and story in the first place, like the Left Behind DLC and Marcus in Watch Dogs2, they are all awesome, not to mention how emotional I got for Lee's story in the Walking Dead.

Being woke only for the sake of virtual signaling gets you nowhere, and it poisons the gaming industry and culture. Leave that echo chamber, and put effort on how to make a fun game.
If you want a good example as to how baseless their actual argument is, just read Sarah's replies here:

It just revolves around boycott this because of JK and any sound argument just gets ignored, even when its a dev who worked on the game. These people just need to make a sacrifice to be an ally.

Being an ally does not pay your bills. And if people were to choose between a paycheck/bonuses or trans rights (which the game already recognizes) what do you think they pick?

Heck these devs can be pro-trans. It is just silly to denounce the work of many simply because the world used is by someone who generates controversy.

I remember a graph that highlighted how effective these kinds of boycots were on sales. I believe it was for Cyberpunk 2077.

It affected barely 1% of sales. Reason being that many who claim online to boycot the game end up buying it anyway. Its easy to do and difficult to verify (Hence why Kyuuji loaned them or something)

These kinds of protests never work and barely make a dent in sales. Which tells you everything you need to know regarding this outrage.

There is none.

But the cycle will repeat itself with the next problematic game. Its not like protesters learn from their ways...

Rhazkul

As always: it's just a very tiny vocal minority screeching over this. I am pretty sure 80% of those who play the game right now have absolutely no idea that some freaks are seething on twatter.

Tangential, but the far-left is full of irony: propagating love and tolerance while simultanously being hateful and intolerant towards people who disagree with the cultish mindset.
You do you, but don't expect me to deny objective reality and biology.

Last edited:

SLESS

I personally have embraced the woke shit heads, whatever they are offended about I am more like to spend time and money on. It’s unearthed some cool shit I could have otherwise missed out on enjoying.

I especially like the “check your privilege” shit show, I just work harder make more money and be more privileged 😂

Loomy

Thinks Microaggressions are Real
This 'don't be woke' bullshit really needs to stop. If marginalized individuals and groups weren't marginalized they wouldn't stand out whenever someone bothered to think about including them.

You think women would be allowed to vote if woke mobs didn't argue, fight, write, and protest for it? Do you think America would have abolished Slavery when it did if the woke mob...I mean, The North didn't fight?

Yes, there are assholes being assholes as assholes tend to be right now. Those assholes will have a voice as long as people are afraid to be inclusive. And the more they're afraid, the more awkward it will on screen.

And I can list thousands of games that were commercial failures that had 0 'woke' elements. That has literally nothing to do with anything, as we're seeing right now with Harry Potter, and as we saw with The Last of Us .

Kadve

Or maybe the people actually caring is just a very vocal minority. And the average buyer of this game hasn't even heard about any "controversy" surrounding JKR.

Last edited:

Alexios

Cores, shaders and BIOS oh my!
"a game sells well only because it is a good game"

Gaf doesn't think so when it's about games like, Idk, the recent Pokemon, lol. And they're right to anyway, if all it took was to be a good game then EA or whoever wouldn't be splashing for the IP rights and just make "Magic Academy Legacy" or whatever.

Rhazkul

the job descriptions are just astonishing

Yeah, 2 years ago when i was looking for a Job in Germany, all listings are required to be "inclusive".

"Sales Manager (m/f/x)"

Yikes...they are pandering to 0.1% of the population...i keep wondering what makes these people so special? And why is society so fixated on sex and gender all of a sudden...i can't wrap my head around it. A total distortion of reality.
Back in the day the minority had to join the majority...now it's completely reversed...we are rewriting laws and language to comfort a tiny minority.

Last edited:
Hogwarts Legacy is almost the first example of a licensed children's IP video game that reaches this level of quality.

This could be the watershed moment where it actually clicks for a lof of them. The people doing the most harm to 'their' community is themselves. Actually, these people are doing the most damage to a community they are trying to supplant and claim to be part of is more accurate:
9dc934dd5cf725bd1li60.jpeg

wJMP6gC.jpg

3q9EzGI.jpg
p0Fvrnf.jpg

cwV2blc.jpg

I've made the joke before that Mastodon is the Resetera of social networks but it's not much of a joke anymore these days because it's the literal truth.

Last edited:

Yoboman

Even if you get some success by leveraging wokeness (e.g., 10/10s for TLOU2, HZD:FW and GoW, despite having significantly worse narratives and marginal improvements (if any) compared to their predecessors), it is only temporary. The IP is damaged in the long-term and the market eventually corrects itself.
Less than 25 minutes from this thread being posted to you hitting the hypocrite button

Impressive

Vick

This 'don't be woke' bullshit really needs to stop. If marginalized individuals and groups weren't marginalized they wouldn't stand out whenever someone bothered to think about including them.

You think women would be allowed to vote if woke mobs didn't argue, fight, write, and protest for it? Do you think America would have abolished Slavery when it did if the woke mob...I mean, The North didn't fight?

Yes, there are assholes being assholes as assholes tend to be right now. Those assholes will have a voice as long as people are afraid to be inclusive. And the more they're afraid, the more awkward it will on screen.

And I can list thousands of games that were commercial failures that had 0 'woke' elements. That has literally nothing to do with anything, as we're seeing right now with Harry Potter, and as we saw with The Last of Us .
Your uncultured views of the world are equivalent to those of a children.
Like almost the entirety of "decent human beings" on the internet, indoctrinated left and right while being gently labeled "useful idiots" by those pulling the strings, who have no idea whatsoever of what they do nor long term consequences of their actions.

Not your fault at all, more of a victim "guilty" of being sensitive and probably good hearted.

Yeah, 2 years ago when i was looking for a Job in Germany, all listings are required to be "inclusive".

"Sales Manager (m/f/x)"

Yikes...they are pandering to 0.1% of the population...i keep wondering what makes these people so special? And why is society so fixated on sex and gender all of a sudden...i can't wrap my head around it. A total distortion of reality.
Back in the day the minority had to join the majority...now it's completely reversed...we are rewriting laws and language to comfort a tiny minority.
Has been like that for almost a decade now.. you should probably know what's going on by now.

Last edited:

"Sales Manager (m/f/x)"

One of the bullet points in a job description I read yesterday said to ensure use of inclusive language at all times.

NahaNago

Everything surrounding this game is weird. If not for the whole jk thing I would say this game is totally woke but because of outrage over jk rowling it is transphobic. I'm curious what the gaming publishers will learn from this if the game ends up selling ridiculously well. Will they say it is the nostalgia, it is because of the ip, it being a good game, or it being inclusive is the reason for its success. Will they all of a sudden see that the outrage mob is a very small number of people whether it be on the left or right who probably weren't going to buy the game anyways.

Rykan

Even if you get some success by leveraging wokeness (e.g., 10/10s for TLOU2, HZD:FW and GoW, despite having significantly worse narratives and marginal improvements (if any) compared to their predecessors), it is only temporary. The IP is damaged in the long-term and the market eventually corrects itself.
You're completely clueless if you think any of these franchises are "damaged". The hysterical anti woke screaming is as irrelevant as the hysterical woke screaming itself.

PeteBull

You're completely clueless if you think any of these franchises are "damaged". The hysterical anti woke screaming is as irrelevant as the hysterical woke screaming itself.
Tlou2 was/is woke, and was much worse from first part, hence much worse word of mouth and frontloaded sales, lower from new ip from suckerpunch- ghost of thushima.
Even if tlou wasnt as woke(abby not having womanly voice, while on mighty does of steroids, even bikini fitness competitors get deep/low voice after relatively small dosages/short use coz its first sideeffect if woman jumps on juice.

But even if u didnt have abby(who laters fucks a guy and its showed in the game very extensively, which probably wouldnt be likely coz what guy wants to fuck male voice woman roided to the bone ;p) and u had some skinny dude training/buffing up(same thing, he would need srs amount of roids to be trully buff in short time), and story was unchanged, with u know who- dieing early on and all consequences of that- game would be still much worse from part 1.

We will have true benchmark with 3rd part sales, and its 100% sure that with hbo series its gonna be made, in few years- if it cant vastly surpass p1/p2 even while having by then huge ps5 instalbase + very successful hbo show- u know brand was dmg by part2 and its wokeness, big time.

OZ9000

Banned
The game is pretty woke. It has a trans character - which you very much know only exists because of all the vitriol from reeeeeee

NickFire

Compare woke temper tantrums on a keyboard to fights over Women’s suffrage or slavery = narrative lost.

Im loving the game and think all the activism and discussion-banning for it are insane.

JK Rowling seems to me, someone that had an opinion that isn’t all that outside of the norm, despite me personally disagreeing with it. Since then though, she’s sort of turned into a crabby little nut who has just gotten worse opinions in an attempt to cater to the people that didn’t turn on her initially. I wonder if the games success maybe gets her to revisit the series, but if it ends up anything like fantastic beasts I’ll pass.

Besides all that, I can’t handle anyone that uses woke as a pejorative. So fucking cringey, perhaps even cringier than anyone that ever used the word to describe their own open-mindedness. Go breathe some fresh air please.

radewagon

Sorry OP, I know you mean well, but threads like this are part of the problem. It just perpetuates an us vs. them narrative by capitalizing on common misconceptions.
By pandering I mean soullessly altering the game's settings and writings only to awkwardly fit a narrative. I am on board for diversity and different perspectives if it is organically integrated into the game design and story in the first place, like the Left Behind DLC and Marcus in Watch Dogs2, they are all awesome, not to mention how emotional I got for Lee's story in the Walking Dead.

Being woke only for the sake of virtual signaling gets you nowhere, and it poisons the gaming industry and culture. Leave that echo chamber, and put effort on how to make a fun game.
This right here. You mention that being woke for the sake of virtue signaling gets you nowhere, but, like, where is this problem? You gave examples of authentic wokeness but never any examples of this fake virtue signaled wokeness. Where exactly are the fruits of the poisoned well? Where are the games that were destroyed by outside influence vs. influence from within where creators themselves felt the need to tell inclusive stories? It's such a slippery stupid slope giving in to the boogie man of wokeness poisoning the gaming industry. I'm sure you would hear all sorts of conflicting arguments as to whether or not a specific game's wokeness was real or faked to appease the "woke mob." There are many, as well, who would say that any wokeness at all, regardless of where it originated from or the motivations for it, is the real problem. Just look at how many people hate on a game like The Last of Us II. One of the finest games in history and it constantly gets shade for things like being too woke. And then there's the contingent of people who will blame wokeness for anything they simply don't like in a game so long there's a hint of something they can blame wokeness on.

You mention leaving the echo chamber. That's great advice, but I hope you realize that threads like this, intentionally or unintentionally, can effectively push a narrative that just feeds a different echo chamber.

Good games are good. Bad games are bad. That's the end of it. Everything else is secondary.

When I was a kid, there was a show called Extreme Ghostbusters. I like to think that, next to Star Trek Voyager, it was one of the wokest things ever created. It had a group of four ghostbusters. One was African American, one was Latino, one was a woman, and the only white male was fricken handicapped (Handicapable!). Did the creators want to appease to a woke audience? Or did they authentically want to be inclusive? Or was their authentic desire to be inclusive a result of subconsciously being affected by woke mentality?

I honestly don't care. The show was bomb.

GreyHand23

Are we just gonna ignore the fact Harry Potter is a huge huge IP?
It had a huge huge marketing push.
All the stink these people made about the game ended up giving it even more exposure.

But sure sure all you need for commercial success is deliver a fun game, well made game.

Meanwhile a fun, well made game that even had the backing of a moderately popular IP.
Critically amazing, commercially.......
EGS_MarvelsMidnightSuns_FiraxisGames_S2_1200x1600-2bbbf1249898e7441527c7b5679b1dd2

So please, OP dont be so reductive in your analysis.

Devs dont sit there thinking ohh man I gotta make a game thats NOT fun and a game thats badly made.
If it was that easy literally every game would be a hit.....but thats not how the world work.
Good games can and will be financial "failures", mediocre games can and do end up being huge successes.....if the answers to this were as easy as make it fun, do you really think mid games would even exist?
Midnight Suns gameplay style is not popular. It doesn’t matter how good a game is if it doesn’t appeal to the mass market. Plenty of people would probably like it if they tried it, but no way are they buying something with turn based combat on a whim.

LordCBH

The people screaming about this game or screaming about orcs in D&D or screaming about any other nonsense is why you should gatekeeper your hobbies.

UnNamed

Banned

No, there are some big difference between being an activist and being woke.

Activist put effort to reach the goal to be "the same" as others.
Wokes believe they should be privileged because of their victimism.

Activist say "what can I do to change things?"
Wokes ask: "why people don't listen to me and do nothing?"

Activist: "I should start my battle despite their belief and morality".
Woke: "people should fight my battle because I have a better morality".

Black_Stride

I still think if that game was a single player game and not a gaas title it probably would've been received much better & maybe even successful?

I personally really enjoyed my initial playthrough on Series X, but lost interest with the end game.
After the initial reveal trailer I actually thought it was going to be a good third person RPG romp, in the vein of Xmen Legends/Marvel Ultimate Alliance just in third person.
Yes, a second, third or even fourth player can join in but playing it solo is totally viable and it would have unlockable costumes and abilites......not the GaaS shit we got.
Not the unstable servers at launch.

So yeah the concept of the game was fine, id even say the gameplay was pretty good. Kamala being the "main" character was a weird choice but overall that game had the potential to be really good if they didnt focus on it being a GaaS game.
Content complete with DLC would ahve been fine.

Its the same criticism I have for Anthem, at its core that was a good game, the GaaS concept basically killed the game.....if you have a GaaS game and release it barebones with wonky servers you are fucked. The only reason GaaS games get a pass for being barebones is the promise of new content.....I dont believe in devs to actually deliver that anymore, so Id rather just have a content compelte game that gets DLC later.....ill pay 30 bucks for a proper expansion instead of being drip fed content.
The exact same game content complete with DLC down the line....suddenly it becomes a much better idea.

Rush2112

Banned
The main lesson is that the woke crowd aren't gamers. They just want have a hand in the entertainment industry so they can control the narrative, shape childrens minds and to brainwash them. Their agenda is very clear just like modern Disney.

Black_Stride

Midnight Suns gameplay style is not popular. It doesn’t matter how good a game is if it doesn’t appeal to the mass market. Plenty of people would probably like it if they tried it, but no way are they buying something with turn based combat on a whim.
Basically my point.
OP makes its sound like all you need to make money is "make a good game" as if devs are out there thinking "you know what would be innovative?......lets make a bad game".

A game being good doesnt automatically equal it being a commercial success.
A lot of good games have failed to meet commercial targets, sometimes its publishers being overly wishful, sometimes its just bad luck, sometimes no one even knows why game X didnt sell well, when everything points to it being a really good game that just missed the mark.

OP is being super reductive as if Hogwartzs Legacy is doing something that developers didnt know.

hemo memo

Gold Member
Internet woke aren’t the real world. This game proves that all this boycot is from a very loud 0.0000000000000000000001 of gamers. Sales and critics reception proves that.

Last edited:
People banning the game or boycotting are ridiculous. I actually dont mind people not playing a game because of ethical reasons. But harassing others is pathetic. However some of the posts in this thread are the same but to the other extreme. You're buying into a culture war which only exists in the media to get attention and more clicks. Calm down. Stop feeding the machine and just chill out.

Laieon

Last edited:

SmokedMeat

Gamer™
I think the mob is really a small minority, that’s thankfully been ignored by everyone else.

Hopefully in the future developers also won’t have to apologize over the slightest shit that offends these people. Just ignore them because Hogwarts Legacy has shown they’re powerless.

Elysion

Banned
Is it true that in the english language version your character is always addressed as ‚they‘ by others, no matter whether they‘re male or female? Because that would get annoying pretty quick imo, since it just sounds incredibly unnatural. But apparently it‘s only in the english version, since ‚gender-neutral’ pronouns aren’t really possible in many other languages.

If true, that might be the biggest example of ‚wokeness‘ (I‘m starting to hate the term) genuinely affecting the experience of playing a game in a negative way. I‘m also curious about the voice acting of the trans character in the game, since I‘ve read that in other languages the character has a normal female voice. Can anyone confirm?

It seems that Hogwarts Legacy might unironically be the wokest game ever made, so much that it‘s noticeable even for casual players or people who aren’t political. Which makes the histrionic reactions to it even funnier.

DareDaniel

Banned
Sigh, of course you are being you.

1. I don't even know the correlation you were referring about Twitch, I mentioned it as a metric for the success result, not for reason.

2. I never omitted the woke elements in the game, I said this already in previous post, I think those are pointless, as they tried to include them to pander the woke people and it did not work, they should drop those and focus more on making a high quality game.

Now we can move on, thanks.
Creating a male character and choosing to sleep in the girl's dorm is way more than "woke elements". It breaks the lore, it's the wokest thing I've ever seen in games and it panders to the gender ideology cult.
Hogwarts Legacy is a very unique case because that review from Wired would be a 10/10 if J.K. Rowling deleted her twitter account after saying that Dumbledore was gay and Hermione was black.
I get what you're trying to say but it should apply to commercial successes like Avatar 2 and Top Gun Maverick.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom