• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

LeBron James says it would be amazing to play for Popovich in 2020 Tokyo Olympics

Status
Not open for further replies.

entremet

He's be 35 for the record. Lebron also has a lot of miles on him, so we will see.

We know he's one of the best conditioned athletes in the world and has access to top tier trainers, nutritionists, *cough PEDs cough* and bodywork professionals.

I'm joking about the PED accusations, but the dude is a specimen that hasn't shown any signs of slowing down.

In an interview with ESPN’s Rachel Nichols, James left the door open for a return to the U.S. basketball team for the 2020 Tokyo Olympics and in a subsequent interview with USA TODAY Sports, James said, "It would be pretty amazing to be able to actually play for the greatest NBA coach of all time."

Krzyzewski will coach his final game for USA in Sunday’s gold medal game against Serbia, and Popovich, the San Antonio Spurs’ coach, will take over for the next Olympic cycle.

I love Popovich but 5 rings versus Phil's 11 as a coach? C'mon, Lebron.

http://www.usatoday.com/story/sport...-2020-tokyo-olympics-usa-basketball/89043016/

Zackat

If circumstances permit it, I see no reason why he wouldn't. He seems to really enjoy the olympics. 4 years is a long time for an elite athlete though.

spyder_ur

He's be 35 for the record. Lebron also has a lot of miles on him, so we will see.

We know he's one of the best conditioned athletes in the world and has access to top tier trainers, nutritionists, *cough PEDs cough* and bodywork professionals.

I'm joking about the PED accusations, but the dude is a specimen that hasn't shown any signs of slowing down.

http://www.usatoday.com/story/sport...-2020-tokyo-olympics-usa-basketball/89043016/

Personally, I think Pop is a better coach than Phil.

Regardless, if LeBron wants to play in 2020, he will be on the roster, barring any dramatic turn of events.

shira

We know he's one of the best conditioned athletes in the world
dem toes doe NSFW
aDaBC4O_crop_north_crop_north.jpg

He hasn't. People just read into things however they like. Saying Jordan's teammates were valuable and that Pop is GOAT is not throwing shade unless you like drama.
He legit tried to devalue Jordan's rings and dominance. Pop being the GOAT is debatable (I think he's probably better coach than Phil, but Phil has a bunch of rings). I like LeBron, but I don't understand why he said what he said in regards to Jordan recently.

Ether_Snake

安安安安安安安安安安安安安安安
Rio would have been the proper Olympics for him to be at. Missed opportunity.

I think LeBrons foot/toes are like that because he out grew his shoes at an insanely fast rate growing up and couldn't get new shoes every single time so he had to keep wearing his out grown shoes.

A few of his sig shoes were pretty tight/uncomfortable though 🤔 Can't have been because of those Nike shoes, they have top designers working on those for him.

DietRob

i've been begging for over 5 years.
LOL @ the backhanded insult of Phil Jackson.

I'm sure LeBron will be still balling at a relatively high level in 2020.

Note to self. Never buy Lebrons sneakers.
My LeBron 13 lows are the most comfortable shoes I've ever owned fwiw.

Curious to see how he's holding up in four years, that's a lot more wear and tear on the body plus his teams go deep in the playoffs every year.

FZZ

Banned
Popovich is a better coach than Phil

Anyone that can't acknowledge this is a Bulls or Lakers stan

cmon

offtopic

He measures in centimeters
Warriors 4 plus LeBron starting lineup in 2020 confirmed. LeBron at center because movement will be difficult with all the miles and those toes in 4 years.

Ric Flair

Banned

I sometimes wonder just how much impact basketball coaching has on the game when you have someone like Jordan on the floor. Like, I don't think Tyron Lue had much to do with the Cleveland title.

entremet

I sometimes wonder just how much impact basketball coaching has on the game when you have someone like Jordan on the floor. Like, I don't think Tyron Lue had much to do with the Cleveland title.

Well Pop had the greatest PF of all time as well. It's hard to win rings in the NBA without superstars.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom