• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Kushner trying to find someone to give him $250M

The Kushner family real estate company is seeking a $250 million loan to pay back Chinese investors in a New Jersey luxury tower but finding some major U.S. banks wary of the controversies around its White House links and the visa program used to attract the investors.

Kushner Cos. is sending out feelers for the loan against its 50-story Trump Bay Street in Jersey City. It would keep $50 million and use the rest to repay the investors and pay off a mortgage on the building, according to a person familiar with the negotiations who asked not to be identified because the talks are private.

The company, which belongs to the family ofJared Kushner, PresidentDonald Trump’s son-in-law and senior adviser, funded about a quarter of the $194-million development through the EB-5 visa program that grants wealthy foreigners green cards in exchange for investing in U.S. projects.

Some large U.S. banks are shying away from the transaction because of the property’s connection to Kushner and the visa program, the person said. Unregulated lenders and non-U.S. banks will probably step into the breach. A Kushner Cos. spokesman declined to comment.

Feelers, eh?
https://www.yahoo.com/finance/news/kushners-hunting-hard-loan-pay-090000829.html

These "billionaires", I'd love to know their actual net worth (and what it would be without decades of laundering dirty money).

commedieu

Banned
There's probably a few Russian Oligarchs in his rolodex.

And we're done.

Just do what daddy in law did when banks wouldn't touch him.

Suck on that hairy bear teet.

", funded about a quarter of the $194-million development through the EB-5 visa program that grants wealthy foreigners green cards in exchange for investing in U.S. projects."

Can't make this up.

gblues

Banned
Hmm, what's that word for when you use money from new investors to pay dividends out to old investors?

Fonzi?
Pogsi?

It's on the tip of my tongue..

Can't imagine why nobody wants in on that action.

Takes some real hard work, dedication and financial savvy to beg for $250 Million. I wonder if Ivanka is as proud of her pathetic, money-grubbing husband as much as she is her father.

Saya

giphy.gif

Takes some real hard work, dedication and financial savvy to beg for $250 Million. I wonder if Ivanka is as proud of her pathetic, money-grubbing husband as much as she is her father.

Well, she seems to have looked for a man just like his father.

The creepyness can get overwhelming on the Trumps.

facelike

So he wanted to keep his businesses and assets while working for the government, now his work at the government is getting in the way of his businesses and assets.

What goes around comes around.

kirblar

Hmm, what's that word for when you use money from new investors to pay dividends out to old investors?

Fonzi?
Pogsi?

It's on the tip of my tongue..

Can't imagine why nobody wants in on that action.
I mean, the Trump campaign was pretty blatantly "THE PRODUCERS" w/ a political campaign instead of a play.

Well, she seems to have looked for a man just like his father.

The creepyness can get overwhelming on the Trumps.

Still have a decade or so to see if he starts to look like a toad similar to Trump too. That's when the romantic sparks will really fly.

Isn't she the same way? You know birds of a feather and stuff....

I guess so. I can't imagine that being an attractive quality between them though; them each getting hot and bothered watching their partner whine for money and throw a fit when they don't get it.

jelly

EB-5 visa program that grants wealthy foreigners green cards in exchange for investing in U.S. projects

That's actually allowed. Wow.

I think Trump and Kushner are up to their neck in debt. Maybe we will see them go under one day and what a great day it will be.

McLovin

It would be cool if we had some kind of regulation that prevented people who have financial problems(in the millions) from holding positions in government. Who would be a better target for bribery then them?

At what damn point do you just take your money and go home and just live happy, support local economies, etc. Everything has to be debt or loans, and thats how your seem to actually get that insanely rich, it appears.

jelly

What happened to that (((S O R O S))) money?

Yeah.

Jared Kushner didn't disclose his business ties with George Soros, Peter Thiel, and Goldman Sachs, or that he owes $1 billion in loans, The Wall Street Journal reported on Tuesday.

The top White House adviser and son-in-law of Trump failed to identify his part ownership of Cadre, a real-estate startup he founded, which links him to the Goldman Sachs Group and the mega-investors George Soros and Peter Thiel, sources told The Journal.

Business Insider first reported on Kushner's involvement with Cadre last June. Here's more about what Cadre is.

Jamie Gorelick, an attorney for Kushner, told The Journal in a statement that Cadre was part of BFPS Ventures LLC, a company Kushner owns and identified in his government financial-disclosure forms.

Gorelick also said a revised version of Kushner's form that includes Cadre would be made available once ethics officials have looked at it.

Kushner also failed to identify debt of more than $1 billion from 20 lenders and personal guarantees to pay more than $300 million of that, according to The Journal.

shandy706

Can I get $150k. All I want, just need it to build a house and stuff..lol.

I'm open to anyone willing to give it to me.

At what damn point do you just take your money and go home and just live happy, support local economies, etc. Everything has to be debt or loans, and thats how your seem to actually get that insanely rich, it appears.

No thanks on the Debt. I'm basically debt free, but won't be in the near future.....see first part of post, haha.

Jive Turkey

Unconfirmed Member
Reading the title gave me the mental image of Kush trying to scrounge up the scratch before some Russian muscle snaps his legs. Looks like we have to wait one more loan cycle for that to happen.

Aselith

Must burn Trump up to know such a loser is married to his daughter

He's very, very, very rich and didn't even loan the kid some pocket change.

jelly

That 2B loan is due in 2 years and building isn't generating enough revenue so they could pay Chinese back.

Puts Kush visiting that Russian bank into different kind light.

They can't pay it back. Wow.

He probably has so much heat on him he can't do anything dodgy either. Glorious.

darkinstinct

...lacks reading comprehension.
That's actually allowed. Wow.

I think Trump and Kushner are up to their neck in debt. Maybe we will see them go under one day and what a great day it will be.

There's a reason he didn't sell his company leading up to the presideny. Nobody wanted to buy it with the 1.8 billion debt it is attached to. Trumps empire mostly consists of licensing the name to others. And that is on top of the 500 million personal debt Trump supposedly has. But he will use everything he can to direct money from the government to his accounts. With a trillion dollar budget, a billion here or there is easily missed.

jelly

There's a reason he didn't sell his company leading up to the presideny. Nobody wanted to buy it with the 1.8 billion debt it is attached to. Trumps empire mostly consists of licensing the name to others. And that is on top of the 500 million personal debt Trump supposedly has. But he will use everything he can to direct money from the government to his accounts. With a trillion dollar budget, a billion here or there is easily missed.

Don't think it will work quite like that but his trips to play Golf, Trump Tower lined his pocket a little. He has so much heat on him, I don't think he can pull it off and when he goes down in disgrace that hopefully wipes out his business. I want to see him sell Trump Tower and go to jail. No further secret service protection.

So he's taking a loan to pay off a loan that is going to pay off another loan? This man is in knee deep in shit.

He's just following Trump business model. Trump is a perpetual debt machine. He ran out of credit in US doing that all throughout the 80~90's so he started borrowing from the Chinese, then when they cut him off, he went to the Russians.

Top Bottom