• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Kurt Russell on Ego The Living Planet:" He is the real deal".

Status
Not open for further replies.

Slayven

http://www.usatoday.com/story/life/...el-sneak-peek-first-look-exclusive/97288076/#

"The first movie was successful because we took chances and gave people the unexpected. This movie can only really be what it is, Guardians can only be what they are, if they’re taking a risk,” says writer/director James Gunn. “It means giving them a much different movie.”

With Vol. 2, the filmmaker promises bigger sci-fi concepts, new alien worlds to explore and some fresh personalities, including Peter’s long-lost dad: an ancient being known as Ego (Kurt Russell), who is in fact a living planet.

“Ego is the most powerful character I’m ever going to play,” Russell says. “I mean, he created himself! He’s the real deal.”

While Guardians worked on improving its own superhero game, Saldana noticed how much the successful first film has inspired subsequent comic-book films such as Deadpool and Suicide Squad.

“It’s given permission to so many other filmmakers to let these action movies not only have a little more heart and soul but to have a little more entertainment besides just, ‘CRASH! BOOM! BANG! BLARGH!’ ” Saldana says. “It makes me really happy.”

636214970272781293-ECE0310-TRL-v310.1101.jpg

Grown ass Kurt Russell talking about Ego The Living Planet, is this real life?

Glix

His dad is some King I thought?

Is this new for the film, or is this some kind of older continuity and his dad being that king dude was a Bendis retcon?

Hagi

Wonder if we'll actually see him as a planet. This is the only Marvel film I'm looking forward to this year.

Slayven

Is this new for the film, or is this some kind of older continuity and his dad being that king dude was a Bendis retcon?

No, his dad has always been king of the Spartaxx

Wonder if we'll actually see him as a planet. This is the only Marvel film I'm looking forward to this year.

Come on, you asking people that gave you a Celestial on screen if he will be a planet

El Topo

New for the film iirc.

Come on, you asking people that gave you a Celestial on screen if he will be a planet

A video recording of a Celestial to be fair. Well, that and a corpse I guess?

And all Marvel Studios had to do to get him was let Fox change the powers of a character that would never be in the MCU anyway.

HStallion

Now what's the next step in your master plan?
Wait his father is Ego the Living Planet? Is it going to be Kurt Russell's face on a giant planet?

Wait his father is Ego the Living Planet? Is it going to be Kurt Russell's face on a giant planet?

I was going to say "no" then post a comic panel I saw a few years back where Ego was drawn with the face of John Byrne in an unsubtle jab at the man, but I can't find it anywhere, so I' guess I'll just say yes.

LosDaddie

Banned
What Cosmic run(s) is Ego in, Slayven?

Annihilation? Conquest? War of Kings? I don't think I've read a comic with the character in it.

I imagine his primary avatar is going to be a humanoid that he created from himself (i.e. broke off a piece of the planet and made it into a person), but I'm expecting them at some point to do the whole "face on a planet thing".

killroy87

One day I want to hear an actor, when speaking about their upcoming film, say something along the lines of "yeah, it's alright".

What do we expect him to say?

killroy87

Check out Ben Affleck in the last few months when asked about Batman

I said when asked about their upcoming film. There's a difference between responding to reaction, and sabotaging a movie pre-release.

(Sabotage is a strong word, but you know what I mean)

Sesha

Kurt Russell has been in John Carpenter movies, was considered for Han Solo, and was in Sky High. Ego and GotG are just his kinda stuff.

What Cosmic run(s) is Ego in, Slayven?

Annihilation? Conquest? War of Kings? I don't think I've read a comic with the character in it.

He has a fairly prominent role in the 2008 Nova solo series.

Wait Peter's Dad is really Ego or is this just a joke?

If so, thanks for ruining such a big question mark in the series for me, w/ no spoiler warning or anything.. Sheesh...

Also, how does that work?

Struggling to understand how his Earth mom was able to do the thing with something that has so much girth...

Slayven

If so, thanks for ruining such a big question mark in the series for me, w/ no spoiler warning or anything.. Sheesh...

Struggling to understand how his Earth mom was able to do the thing with something that has so much girth...

Ego can make human size avatars called Ego -Prime

ego_prime.jpg

Hagi

No, his dad has always been king of the Spartaxx

Hah true I was just going off what they've said about the character so far.

Not only is it a human face, but he has a fucking beard. That must be so boring, just staring into space with no one to talk to. Like you can talk in space anyways....

He can talk to other people if he wants and can travel through hyperspace. He had to get Rocket to de-lice him once because he was infested by space lice lol

It's not a spoiler. They revealed it like last Summer.

Sesha

He's Peter's father in the movie.

If you're concerned about spoilers for the movie, don't click on topics about it.

Lol all the marvel gaf salt with Fox. Yes they have made some blunders, but they do dope work as well

legion and Logan gonna end up being the best marvel properties this year on tv and film respectively too.

Anyways I wonder if they actually go full planet face in a scene. Shit would be hilarious

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom