• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Koch Media has just secured exclusive distribution rights for the Intellivision Amico product portfolio

Bullet Club

Koch Media has just secured exclusive distribution rights for the Intellivision Amico product portfolio

auNSt9T.jpg

Press release:

Nuremberg – May 26, 2020 – Intellivision Entertainment Europe committed to Europe’s leading publishing partner for digital games, games merchandise and accessories for the introduction of the Intellivision Amico family entertainment system, launching October 10, 2020. Koch Media, founded in 1994 with its 1,300 employees at seventeen offices and branches in Germany, Austria, Switzerland, England, France, Italy, Spain, Poland, Australia, Scandinavia and the Benelux, will play a decisive role in the successful launch of the Intellivision Amico video game console and related products.

Koch Media has secured the exclusive retail and online sales rights for all of Europe, Australia, and New Zealand, and will bring the entire Amico product portfolio to the market. In addition to the five different versions of the Amico console – Graphite Black, Glacier White and limited editions Vintage Woodgrain, Galaxy Purple and GTO Red – and the corresponding individual controllers, there will be various game products, Amico Game Shop Cards, console and controller cases, lanyards and overlays.

“We are thrilled that we have been able to sign Koch Media, Europe’s leading distributor for the launch of Intellivision Amico. We cannot imagine a better partner,” says Hans Ippisch, President Europe of Intellivision and Managing Director of Intellivision Entertainment Europe GmbH.

“Dr. Klemens Kundratitz has been closely following our development since 2018 and presented a convincing concept to get the exclusive distribution rights from Europe, Australia and New Zealand.”

Dr. Klemens Kundratitz, CEO of Koch Media GmbH, adds:

“The Amico product range fits perfectly into our broad line-up and further strengthens our position in the family entertainment category. Our colleagues look forward to fully supporting this unique product offering in our local markets with our broad publishing experience, which extends to games as well as hardware and merchandise.”

Intellivision Amico is planned to release in Europe beginning in October. Exact pre-sale and launch dates for the different countries will be announced in the coming months. For more information, please visit www.IntellivisionAmico.com.

ABOUT INTELLIVISION ENTERTAINMENT

Over 40 years ago, the Intellivision home video game console pioneered the video game industry, establishing many industry firsts and capturing an unprecedented 20 percent market share at the time. Building upon its gaming legacy with support and expertise from industry veterans and superstars, Intellivision is back with the mission to bring people together by delivering simple, affordable, family-friendly entertainment. Intellivision will launch Amico, a unique video game system that’s redefining entertainment with family and friends. Amico will come with two easy-to-use color touchscreen controllers and is designed to be fun for all ages. With a broad variety of family-friendly games and a proprietary system that adapts gameplay for any skill level, players of all backgrounds can truly enjoy gaming together. More information can be found at www.IntellivisionAmico.com.

ABOUT KOCH MEDIA

Koch Media is a leading producer and marketer of digital entertainment products (games, films and software). The company’s own publishing activities, marketing and distribution extend across Europe, North America and Australia.

The Koch Media Group has over 25 years of experience in the games and digital entertainment industry and has positioned itself as the number 1 publishing partner in Europe. Strategic cooperations exist with numerous manufacturers of software and games: Bethesda, Capcom, Codemasters, Kaspersky Labs, Konami, Koei Tecmo, Sega, Square Enix, etc. Koch Media with headquarters in Hoefen, Austria has offices in Germany, Austria, Switzerland, England, France, Italy, Spain, USA, Australia, Poland, Czech Republic as well as branches for Scandinavia and Benelux. www.kochmedia.com

Source: TGG

JCK75

I mean a machine dedicated to extremely high quality 2D games entices me, what makes me want to shit all over it is that dreadful controller.

BigBooper

I think it will be pretty huge. Nothing like the big three consoles, but if they can get the parents, there's lots of them that want to protect their kids.

DunDunDunpachi

Patient MembeR
The publisher pipeline was really the only missing piece up to this point, but now they've got that handled too.

I like the philosophy and design. It very much knows it's an alternative gaming kit, not a mainline console for hardcore gamers.

Animagic

Banned
The games they’ve shown off would be fine but they need better art direction. They literally look like developer placeholder graphics.

EverydayBeast

thinks Halo Infinite is a new graphical benchmark
I'm all for new consoles but everyone knows this will fail, SONY, Microsoft and Nintendo are HELLBENT on owning the console game.

theHFIC

This worked great for Razer when they bought OUYA. For all the effort put into the Amico, it should at least die off while being owned by a major publisher.

BigBooper

The price is kinda high. I can see it maybe had to be because of the custom odd controllers and included games. After all, the Wii was around the same price, so maybe it won't matter.

Last edited:

Vandole

You know the executive who is in charge of making the purchase and determining the pricing and marketing strategy... That guy's going to get a six-figure bonus this year. Or at least a six-figure severance package when he's fired.

The Alien

Banned
As I was reading OP title, I was like "Yes...YES...YES....this is building to something cool.". Then I got the part that said Intellivision Amico. ☹

Tschumi

"Cut.. Tommy, Tommy Tommy Tommy... We wanna see more hands. Mkay? That'd be great. Show the kids how dynamic you are.. that'd be real special. Mkay? ... Jesus Christ"

Seriously, this feels like a mini disc player vs ipods.. i know it's meant to be niche but the switch is already in that niche and the costs can't be very different.

Edit: cute little framerate drops in the os too

Last edited by a moderator:

Roni

Gold Member
You know the executive who is in charge of making the purchase and determining the pricing and marketing strategy... That guy's going to get a six-figure bonus this year. Or at least a six-figure severance package when he's fired.
that's the Corp game.

BigBooper

I have almost completely lost interest in this. Now they are setting the audience up for yet another delay. Admittedly, they majorly need a delay to polish up the UI and games, but they barely look any different from when they were first shown. I hope it turns out great because there are three games that seem really cool, but I have little confidence that it will.

Top Bottom