• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

King's Bounty II – Official Pre-Order Trailer

Nikodemos

Extremely little info, apart from some combat scenes, sadly.

It looks like they reused the "send [individual] to other dimension" plot from Armored Princess.
Also, while it's not clear at all, I seem to spot fixed unit stacks. Though whether they're only cosmetic, like in Age of Wonders 3 and Planetfall, or dynamic, like they were in Master of Magic, remains to be seen.

IbizaPocholo

NeoGAFs Kent Brockman

Katharine comes from a long line of noble Rigern counts, the rulers of the rugged mountain region of Nostria. She spent more than 50 years away from Nostria, roaming the dragon ruins and the remains of ancient Antis, looking for arcane knowledge and magic. However, when Katharine stops receiving the taxes she needs to fund her expeditions and mystical research she discovers that her nephew, Maurice, has taken over her county. Outraged by this, she heads to the Universal Assembly in order to demand the return of her power from the King...

King's Bounty II will be launching on August 24th, 2021

samjaza

i am very conflicted with this game, i really liked the earlier kings bounty games, but this seems like a completely different game and also has Denuvo.

I'll probably get it when they remove Denuvo.

Last edited:

IbizaPocholo

NeoGAFs Kent Brockman

Check out the first look at King's Bounty II official gameplay and get a glimpse into the fantasy world of Nostria! This is just a taste of everything that awaits in the full game, where your wits, your exploration skills, and commanding your personal army are the tools you’ll employ to restore peace and order in the Kingdom of Nostria.

Darkness descends over the world of Nostria. Conspiracies, sabotage, and necromancy are overshadowing the country. Counties are demanding independence, bandits prowl the roads, and rumors about the overwhelming power of Blight emerge from a whisper in the dark. The old King Claudius was poisoned and cannot lead the kingdom, and so his son, Prince Adrian, must now unite the struggling lands while his power and faith fall under attack. But maybe a saviour – the kingdom's last hope – is already here, to fight back and finally restore peace and order in Nostria?

King's Bounty II will be launching on August 24th, 2021

IbizaPocholo

NeoGAFs Kent Brockman

Watch the latest trailer for King's Bounty II and meet the third playable character, Elisa, a human paladin who is ready to do anything to save her homeland.

Elisa is a peasant girl from Lorian who believes in her special mission to save all of Nostria. Her homeland in Lorian has been caught up in civil war for more than ten years. During a clash between farmers and mercenaries, Elisa suddenly acquired magic abilities that helped her push the enemy back, away from her village, and then away from all of Southern Lorian. Chosen by the will of her people, Elisa headed to the Universal Assembly. She wants the King to recognize her as legate on behalf of her people. In that way, she would gain access to military resources and other means of establishing order in Nostria.

King's Bounty II launches on August 24, 2021, for PlayStation 4, Xbox One, Nintendo Switch, and PC.

WitchHunter

Banned
I hope it still has humor and lacks this ugly, honeycoated bullshit that permeates games nowadays. At least the developers look human.

Bkdk

hope it turns out decent , expecting this, kingmaker sequel then tales of arise giving me pretty nice time for a few weeks.

Reactions: Isa

IbizaPocholo

NeoGAFs Kent Brockman

King’s Bounty II is now available on PlayStation 4, Xbox One, Nintendo Switch and PC. Prepare for the fights ahead with today’s Launch Trailer featuring a theme song «Reborn», written by: award-winning music composer & producer Raney Shockne and David Cordeiro (featuring Vanessa Bryan).

Darkness descends over the world of Nostria. Conspiracies, sabotage, and necromancy are overshadowing the country. Counties are demanding independence, bandits prowl the roads, and rumors about the overwhelming power of Blight emerge from a whisper in the dark. The old King Claudius was poisoned and cannot lead the kingdom, and so his son, Prince Adrian, must now unite the struggling lands while his power and faith fall under attack. But maybe a saviour – the kingdom's last hope – is already here, to fight back and finally restore peace and order in Nostria?

Kadve

Meh. What made Legend and its sequels so enjoyable was their simply yet addictive gameplay combined with some great art and music.

This just feels like its missing the point. Its just a generic strategy RPG now.

I am loving this.

++Music: ambience is so awesome when you are exploring
++Loot: loot everywhere, little nooks and crannies where loot it makes exploring rewarding.
++Low travelling: most thing are close by with the world packed with interesting things.
++Lore & quests: I love the lore and quests, best of the KB games imo.
+Combat Quite good: I am reliant on ranged which is what loses the second +.
+Workable graphics: Game looks good but not great i guess.

Cant comment on length since i havent completed it yet.

IbizaPocholo

NeoGAFs Kent Brockman

King's Bounty 2 reviewed on PC by Leana Hafer. Also available on Xbox, PlayStation, and Switch.

"The feeling I keep coming back to with King's Bounty 2 is simply that it's fine. And sometimes that bugs me more than if it were really flawed or broken in some kind of interesting way. The tactical battles punch above their weight, and I might have felt better about it if that's all there was: a series of interesting combat encounters with maybe a bit of flavor text and some shop menus in between. But all the plodding around to get to the good stuff is mostly a drag, and I couldn't muster any enthusiasm for the story even when I was trying my hardest. I wouldn't warn anyone away from checking it out if you're really interested, but I wouldn't advise you to go out of your way for it either."

I stopped around 3/4 of the way through. The continuous back and forth got to me. The distance to get to the good stuff isnt bad, it is just that once you have a major fight you always have to go back and restock and the travel for that is infuriating. Shame really. Everything else works. I disagree with the story though, I kinda like it but the stories in the side quests were better.

Xeaker

I don't like how little impact there is if you attack another unit.
It's hard to see how much damage you do to the enemy and enemy to your unit. A health bar in combat like in Fire Emblem would be much better!

Top Bottom