• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Kenichiro Yoshida: Playstation will expand gaming experience to PC, mobile and cloud

OverHeat

« generous god »
Go1P0z5.gif

Then they should add PS5 streams on PC-Plus and also enable streaming on any device (with capable network options and paired controllers). Everything in that regard is possible right now, just not unlocked yet.
Streaming did not shatter the gaming world so far, but allowing more devices for the same required server landscape they already did built, should be more cost efficient than having unneccesary roadblocks that prevent people from accessing the PS world. Kinda duh. People with the actual hardware at home are probably less likely to really need streaming as an option (PS3 streaming is still stupid, when I have my PS3 hooked up right next to it), but going after everyone not having Playstations should be sensible.

HeWhoWalks

Gold Member
Everyone knows this day is coming sooner rather than later. There's no point in being bothered by any of this stuff.

PC day one would be lovely, and will happen soon.
As console sales are core to their business, the only Day 1 releases will be GaaS titles. Their single player stuff will stay as they are. At least in the forseeable future.

In fact, his statement says nothing new. Cloud, Mobile, PC expansions.

Last edited:

Quasicat

I can’t get PlayStation cloud to work all that well in my area, but I have been waiting for Ghost of Tsushima to come out on PC so I can play it on my Steam Deck.

Last edited:
PC is the only way I can play future playstation games until I get my hands on a Pro model.
Enjoying my new PC. The Consoles were nice for a while but already they have shown their tech abilities and they just are not 'doing' it for me anymore.
I don't even miss Quick Resume on the xbox that much, just a little. PC could use a bit of quick resume

Bojanglez

The Amiga Brotherhood
It's all orchestrated at some point MS will announce their Xbox (Windows reskin) PC OS, part of that announcement will be that Sony is bringing its Playstation Store to the platform along with a load of new ports. Sony will announce a handheld running that OS. This is all done on the agreement that Xbox will cease to manufacture their own dedicated consoles by 2028.

HeWhoWalks

Gold Member
Then why are people acting like this is new? Lol
Because a few people's souls have been crushed since the rumor(s) of Microsoft's games coming to PlayStation. It's a comfort deflection, of course.

In reality, Sony has already said everything the CEO just reaffirmed and nothing is changing.

Cloud gaming is just not there yet. Nothing comes close to local hardware natively running a game. 'Til that day comes, zero interest at all.

I get the convenience of streaming on your phone screen with a controller shell, it's nifty to be sure, but I just can't play things like that. It's just not intuitive enough and I just think we're not quite there yet.

Last edited:

Diddy X

They saw that it worked so well for Microsoft that they are about to leave the console manufacturing business and decided, yes we want to follow suit.

Absolutely retarded.

That's when you realize that console manufacturing business is not that big of a thing.

Midn1ght

With how much AAA games cost these days, I wouldn't be surprise if exclusives slowly become a thing of the past (Beside Nintendo maybe).

You have a powerful console for those you like consoles with PlayStation
You have GamePass for those who prefers the Sub/Cloud Service model with XBox
You Have Nintendo you know... for Nintendo stuff
And you have PC for those who prefer PC (mods, kb&m, etc...)

Nobody's stepping on each other business, games cost hundreds of millions to make so let's just put them everywhere or just keep them as temporary exclusives.

It make sense.

Top Bottom