• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Kareem Abdul-Jabbar writing a novel about Mycroft Holmes

Status
Not open for further replies.

GavinUK86

http://laughingsquid.com/mycroft-holmes-a-new-book-by-basketball-great-kareem-abdul-jabbar-about-sherlock-holmes-older-brainier-brother/
Kareem Abdul-Jabbar, the legendary basketball player and dedicated Sherlock Holmes fan, is writing a book about about Mycroft Holmes, Sherlock’s older, brainier and less motivated brother. Mycroft Holmes will be published in the fall of 2015 by Titan Books, who released a statement to The New York Times Arts Beat explaining how the book came about.

Mr. Abdul-Jabbar, a 19-time N.B.A. All-Star, began reading Arthur Conan Doyle’s stories more than 40 years ago, during his rookie season. “I was fascinated by Holmes’s ability to see clues where other people saw nothing,” he said in a statement released by his publisher. “Mycroft Holmes” was written with the screenwriter and producer Anna Waterhouse. Mr. Abdul-Jabbar later read “Enter the Lion: A Posthumous Memoir of Mycroft Holmes,” a 1979 novel that was written by Michael P. Hodel and Sean M. Wright, and features Sherlock’s older brother. He was taken with the character, who appears in several of Arthur Conan Doyle’s stories and works for the British government.

Mycroft-Holmes.jpg

Cheebo

Banned
Who wants to bet Anna Waterhouse wrote 90%+ of this book.

Famous non-author with a credited co-writer most of the time means the co-writer is the actual author.

Finally the superior Holmes gets his time to shine.

Fuck Elementary's version of Mycroft tho.

Who wants to bet Anna Waterhouse wrote 90%+ of this book.

Famous non-author with a credited co-writer most of the time means the co-writer is the actual author.

Kareem is an actual writer though...

watershed

Banned
To be honest I can understand why. Mycroft is a very intriguing side character in the original Holmes mysteries. It's only natural that fans want to fill in his history and walk in his shoes a bit.

Rest

All these years later I still chuckle at what a fucking moron that guy is.
Finally the superior Holmes gets his time to shine.

Fuck Elementary's version of Mycroft tho.

Kareem is an actual writer though...

Is he? Where should one start with his work?

wmlk

Kareem is just a really, really smart and interesting guy from everything I see, read and hear about him.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom