• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Kamiya talks about the ending of Bayonetta 3 and casually confirms there will be a Bayonetta 4

Danjin44

The nicest person on this forum
This in the end of the game pretty much confirmed there is going Bayonetta 4.
sQOQi3k.png

Punished Miku

Gold Member
I can't wait man. Just beat the game today and the ending is maximum insanity. They pretty explicitly hint at another game in the ending in multiple ways - way more than they did with part 1 and 2.

Bring it on. Part 3 is by far the best of the trilogy. If I didn't have so many games right now, I'd start playing it again immediately.

As far as his comment, it's so vague that it's kind of hard to tell what he means. Doesn't seem like there's a ton of mystery there. He hints at some pretty specific things, so maybe I did miss something.

Last edited:

Danjin44

Switch 2 confirmed?
Bayonetta 4 might come out when Switch 2 releases but I think what they mean is next line who bear Bayonetta name.

So in Bayonetta 4 we might play as Viola who will calling herself Bayonetta or her daughter or even her granddaughter, basically similar to Jojo series.

Last edited:

Labolas

I would imagine that they will improve upon Viola's gameplay and we'll undoubtedly see the return of Bayo as well.

-Zelda-

Banned
Bayonetta 4 might come out when Switch 2 releases but I think what they mean is next line who bear Bayonetta name.

So in Bayonetta 4 we might play as Viola who will calling herself Bayonetta or her daughter or even her granddaughter, basically similar to Jojo series.
It was a joke my dude.

jigglet

Banned
Nintendo would be fools not to make #4. It'll never be a breakout hit but it appeals to hardcore fans so it ticks that box with very little effort. And by "very little effort", I mean "cheap". I bet these guys would be coding for peanuts with how desperate they are these days.

Last edited:
It's a good fever dream.

Damn, I love this game. Shame it's chained to Nintendo now for eternity.
The plot was weird marvel multiverse crap and they made luka a fairy demon thing out of nowhere and viola exists then bayonetta and luka are somehow in love all of a sudden then they killed off bayonetta so viola could replace her. Doesn't sound like a good fever dream to me.

Last edited:

GigaBowser

The bear of bad news
The plot was weird marvel multiverse crap and they made luka a fairy demon thing out of nowhere and viola exists then bayonetta and luka are somehow in love all of a sudden then they killed off bayonetta so viola could replace her. Doesn't sound like a good fever dream to me.
I skip the cutscenes.

The game itself confirms a sequel, also kamiya once said something like he'd need like 9 games to tell the whole story he had in mind.

Teslerum

Again, Bayonetta and Luka has been a hinted at since Bayo 1. Nothing about this is *suddenly*.

Ditto, weird time travel+ stuff and weird stuff in general, ffs Bayo has been acting as a mother to herself in Bayo 1.

Last edited:
Again, Bayonetta and Luka has been a hinted at since Bayo 1. Nothing about this is *suddenly*.

Ditto, weird time travel+ stuff and weird stuff in general, ffs Bayo has been acting as a mother to herself in Bayo 1.
It was always heavily implied to just be an awkward friendship where luka wants to get in cerezas pants but still mostly just a chummy awkward friendship. And if they wanted to contradict this in 3 they could have at least built up development from the start not just cram in the romance in the last two chapters. Viola being implied to be Luka's daughter does not count either.

Weird time travel shit is at least part of the series identity and has been since 2009. Time travel and time stuff in general has always played a big role in Bayonetta, even the signature ability of the main character is time manipulation. It's also why clocks are often used for sound effects and in cutscene frames. Multiverse stuff(the trinity of realities doesn't count btw, those are spiritual dimensions) is not and hasn't been since 2009 and does not fit with the series at all. If I wanted a multiverse plot I would watch the flash.

Teslerum

It was always heavily implied to just be an awkward friendship where luka wants to get in cerezas pants but still mostly just a chummy awkward friendship

You're describing a majority of japanese shounen plots here that feature a female main, with the *friendship* with the awkward boy she ultimately ends up with.

So, no. I disagree. Ditto to the multiverse stuff which goes hand in hand with time travel+ and has been an extension of it for a long time. Long, long before Marvel and DC Cinematic Universe. Like half a stapel in japanese VN's. So, again no, the jump doesn't surprise me in the slightest.

But it seems like we're looking at things very differently here, so fair enough.

Last edited:

Fbh

I dont doubt Platinum wants to make more Bayonetta. But Bayo 3 sales will probably define if Nintendo (or anyone else) gives them the money for it.

If we get a Bayo4 I do hope they retcon the ending of 3 a bit. I dont want to play a whole game centered around Viola

Neff

Neat. They really need to change things up à la GOW 2018 for the next one though.

It was always heavily implied to just be an awkward friendship where luka wants to get in cerezas pants but still mostly just a chummy awkward friendship.

Luka is the only character in the series she ever hinted at being attracted to ("You've certainly bloomed, haven't you my little cheshire puss?"). And she probably finds the fact that he's blood lust crazy for her flattering in a dumb way. He also goes out of his way to help her several times, which she appreciates. If she's ever going to feel sentiment for someone in her final moments, it's easy to see why he's top of the list.

But Bayo 3 sales will probably define if Nintendo (or anyone else) gives them the money for it.

It's highly unlikely Nintendo would allow 3 to ship with such explicit suggestions regarding Bayo 4 unless they were serious about another one. Also Nintendo seems quite happy churning these out despite the fact that they cater to a niche audience with sales reflecting that. I wouldn't be surprised if Bayonetta 3 does well though.

Last edited:

cireza

This in the end of the game pretty much confirmed there is going Bayonetta 4.
sQOQi3k.png
The first 3 games have been done on pretty much the same generation. Who tells you that Nintendo’s next console will finally make it to the PS4One generation ?

Labolas

Neat. They really need to change things up à la GOW 2018 for the next one though.
The only thing I disagree if the direction is like GOW 2018. I definitely DO NOT want a triple a sony game/experience of Bayo. That sounds awful like a direction for the series to go.

Neff

The only thing I disagree if the direction is like GOW 2018. I definitely DO NOT want a triple a sony game/experience of Bayo. That sounds awful like a direction for the series to go.

I only cite GOW2018 because Kamiya said he was particularly impressed with how they made significant changes to that series, and it might have been around the time they were prototyping their Metroidvania-style Bayo 3. I don't think Sony's melodrama and excessive loquaciousness would be a good fit for Bayo but I'd certainly love to see some of GOW2018/Ragnarök's exploration and puzzle solving thrown in for part 4.

Neff

I enjoyed GOW series but I want nothing from that game in Bayonetta series.

The modern God of War games have some really nice environmental puzzles, and even Bayo 1 had some light puzzles to solve before you could progress. The action genre benefits from variety and reward-hunting imo, otherwise the constant battling becomes numbing.

Something like Devil May Cry 1's setting and sense of exploration might be ideal, not to mention being historically apt.

Punished Miku

Gold Member
The modern God of War games have some really nice environmental puzzles, and even Bayo 1 had some light puzzles to solve before you could progress. The action genre benefits from variety and reward-hunting imo, otherwise the constant battling becomes numbing.

Something like Devil May Cry 1's setting and sense of exploration might be ideal, not to mention being historically apt.
Devil May Cry 1 is still my favorite.

Danjin44

God of War puzzles are nice for first time getting through them but not for multiple playthroughs and Bayonetta series is all about playing them multiple times to get better rank.

I enjoyed Ragnarok but I dont ever see myself replaying that game, also Bayonetta 3 already does light exploration and puzzles, I dont EVER want them to copy what God of War does.

Ulysses 31

I dont doubt Platinum wants to make more Bayonetta. But Bayo 3 sales will probably define if Nintendo (or anyone else) gives them the money for it.

If we get a Bayo4 I do hope they retcon the ending of 3 a bit. I dont want to play a whole game centered around Viola
Is that because Viola only has one weapon and one demon summon(something that a new game will likely fix) or you don't her personality(something a good writer could fix)?

Fbh

Is that because Viola only has one weapon and one demon summon(something that a new game will likely fix) or you don't her personality(something a good writer could fix)?

On top of her design being one of the worst I've ever seen, I don't think her as a character (personality, writing, etc) is good enough to carry the franchise. That's specially true because Bayonetta is such a fun and iconic character, it's like trying to replace Dante in DMC.
Sure they could completely redesign her and improve the writing, but as much as I like the gameplay in Platinum games I don't have a lot of faith in their writers

Last edited:

Majukun

finally finished the game...the ending has a lot of stuff happening and most of it is barely explained

not sure how i feel about the whole thing atm.

Soltype

Story-wise the game is a mess, but everything else I enjoyed. It feels more like a sequel to Bayonetta 1 than 2, 2 felt tame and almost low budget in comparison to the 1 and 3.

The best way B4 can continue the series is by making the events of B3 a nightmare or hallucination.

Last edited:

Soltype

Tame and low budget? B3 looks way more low budget for it's time.
3 looks rough because of overambition.2 feels mostly phoned in to me, I'm sure Kamiya's absence didn't help.2 doesn't have the same spark as the other games, for better or worse.

Last edited:
Top Bottom