• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Just got a Switch lite, what to get?

BlackTron

"I don't like Zelda. I don't like platformers. It's a Switch Lite, so I'm limited to titles that work well as a portable game on a small screen with bad controls."

I really have little left for you but tactics games, but the best portable Zelda is Link's Awakening remake if you want to try the series again

A.Romero

"I don't like Zelda. I don't like platformers. It's a Switch Lite, so I'm limited to titles that work well as a portable game on a small screen with bad controls."

I really have little left for you but tactics games, but the best portable Zelda is Link's Awakening remake if you want to try the series again
Yeah, I know I'm a tough case.

Thanks for the recommendations, I'll look into it.

Last night I thought of looking for FF tactics but it seems it hasn't been released. Fire emblem looks interesting as well as Ogre Reborn. I haven't played one of those in quite a while.

BlackTron

Yeah, I know I'm a tough case.

Thanks for the recommendations, I'll look into it.

Last night I thought of looking for FF tactics but it seems it hasn't been released. Fire emblem looks interesting as well as Ogre Reborn. I haven't played one of those in quite a while.

Take a look at Wargroove. It's a fantasy themed Advance Wars clone that kept the 2D sprites and has a decent campaign. Back when Switch was new I played this in handheld mode constantly. Edit: It's also about to get some kind of sequel or expansion

Last edited:
Steamworld Dig 2
Eastward
Sea of Stars
Xenoblade Chronicles 1/2/3 + DLC
Live A Live
Luigi Mansion 3
The House In Fata Morgana
Mario + Rabbids Games
Dragon Quest 11 S Definitive Edition
Persona 5 Royal/Persona 5 Strikers
Fire Emblem Three Houses
Resident Evil Remake HD Remaster
13 Sentinels Aegis Rim
Bravely Default 2
Zelda Link’s Awakening
Trails From Zero/Trails To Azure
Legend of Mana

Astral Dog

Astral Chain is a must play.
Action game

Also the Bayonetta games

If you like platformers of course get Mario 3D World + Bowser Fury (i would place it above even Odyssey)

Strategy game - Fire Emblem Engage

If you prefer some 2D goodness Metroid Dread,Donkey Kong Tropical Freeze, Zelda Links Awakening and the upcoming Super Mario Wonder looks great as well

Last edited:

A.Romero

Take a look at Wargroove. It's a fantasy themed Advance Wars clone that kept the 2D sprites and has a decent campaign. Back when Switch was new I played this in handheld mode constantly. Edit: It's also about to get some kind of sequel or expansion
Sounds interesting and never heard of it. Thanks!

Steamworld Dig 2
Eastward
Sea of Stars
Xenoblade Chronicles 1/2/3 + DLC
Live A Live
Luigi Mansion 3
The House In Fata Morgana
Mario + Rabbids Games
Dragon Quest 11 S Definitive Edition
Persona 5 Royal/Persona 5 Strikers
Fire Emblem Three Houses
Resident Evil Remake HD Remaster
13 Sentinels Aegis Rim
Bravely Default 2
Zelda Link’s Awakening
Trails From Zero/Trails To Azure
Legend of Mana
That's quite a list! I'll check them out, thanks a lot!
Astral Chain is a must play.
Action game

Also the Bayonetta games

If you like platformers of course get Mario 3D World + Bowser Fury (i would place it above even Odyssey)

Strategy game - Fire Emblem Engage

If you prefer some 2D goodness Metroid Dread,Donkey Kong Tropical Freeze, Zelda Links Awakening and the upcoming Super Mario Wonder looks great as well
That's like the 5th recommendation for Astral Chain, sounds like a must play. Thanks!

Happosai

Hold onto your panties
Get Breath of the Wild and/or Tears of the Kingdom. You’ll love ‘em.

I mean, honestly just get any first-party titles. Nintendo games aren’t generally huge on story, but they’re often have insanely fun gameplay. Though if you don’t mind weeb shit, I’ve heard the new fire emblem games have great stories and atmosphere. Xenoblade games are also super weeby, but have fantastic stories, exploration, and gameplay.

Beyond that, just make sure you get Mario Odyssey, Metroid Dread, Metroid Prime Remastered, and Mario Kart.

Edit: Oh wait, scratch Mario Kart if you’ve got a Switch lite. That game is just good to have around as a party game, but it’s not as good as a single player experience.
Link's Adventure remake and I'll recommend Harvestella one last time.

Top Bottom