• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Joe Rogan's Podcast |OT|

Scopa

The Tribe Has Spoken
Daryl Davis talks to Joe about Black History Month

This was fascinating. I watched the whole thing last night. This Daryl guy seems like a great person.

What frustrates me though is that, and this happens quite often, when a JRE guest makes a definitive statement and proclaims it as fact, Joe rarely asks them how they know that is a fact and what evidence they can provide to support their assertion. He just seems to accept it as fact and move on. Or he asks them how they know that, they stumble around it and avoid answering and he doesn’t pull them up on it.

DragoonKain

Neighbours from Hell
If you listen to the whole podcast, Joe talks about the whole Bernie thing a lot more. Gets into the trans arguments he made and stuff a lot more than the clip. He probably talks about it for 25 minutes or more.

If you listen to the whole podcast, Joe talks about the whole Bernie thing a lot more. Gets into the trans arguments he made and stuff a lot more than the clip. He probably talks about it for 25 minutes or more.

yeah he clarified what was taken out of context regarding his comments on trans MMA fighter Fallon Fox

TrainedRage

Banned
Man he was on a roll with the MMA podcasts. But I’m ready for the one today!

Edit: Just watched the Bernie clip. People just love taking Joe out of context. Its how you can easily tell who and who hasn't ever really watched him.

Last edited:

#Phonepunk#

Banned
im listening to the Dan Aykroyd episode right now. this is pretty much the perfect guest-host pairing lol. so many wild topics. they cover ghosts, aliens, ufos, crystal skulls, the works.

first thing out of the gate, they discuss this guy Blondin, who was a tightrope walking daredevil who used to walk across Niagara Falls doing all kinds of stunts. carrying people across in wheelbarrows, dressing up as a monkey and making the return trip backwards, etc. once he walked out halfway and sat down at a table to have a slice of cake and a glass of champagne. what a badass.

blondin_omelet.jpg

Last edited:

#Phonepunk#

Banned
i don't think it's that he's more influential, it is that the establishment media has fucked things up so bad over and over that nobody has any faith in them outside of their subscriber base.

Joe is almost the exact opposite of them. they are constantly trying to construct some narrative, Joe is almost always just along for whatever the guest is talking about. they have this pompous, elitist attitude, Joe openly admits he's an idiot and you shouldn't listen to him. he is humble and open minded. he is like most people, and they hate most people.

more people watched his Bernie interview than watch the Democratic debates on CNN. this is what scares them the most. the media are irrelevant and they know it. this outrage stuff is mostly the old media trying desperately to stay relevant.

Last edited:

TrainedRage

Banned
You guys know Ari is an edgy comedian right?
Dude made a joke.

“Every time a beloved celebrity dies I post some horrible shit about them,” he wrote. “I've been doing it for years now. I like destroying gods. And right when a famous person dies they're at their most worshipped. So as a response to all the outpouring of sympathy on social media, I post something vile. it's just a joke. I don't really hate any of the people.” Shaffir said the routine is “dark comedy” and “moronic inappropriate posts I make for the fans who signed up to see them.”

Now he is getting death threats.

Last edited:
Dude made a joke.

I think someone on twitter posted Ari’s address and phone numbers within like an hour of his tweet

thats so dangerous and stupid, I fucking hate when people do that to someone online

as far as the tweet/video

I don’t think Ari deserves to be “cancelled” or anything but I will fully admit I thought it was a terrible move on his part. I don’t believe that being a comedian makes everything okay, like some sort of License To Do Whatever You Want.

If he had just focused on Kobe it’s one thing but praising a crash involving innocent kids crosses a line for me.

Also, I don’t get what the joke was, what was the punchline? Anthony Jeselnik does dark humor too but there’s always a punchline/payoff. Ari just basically said “I’m glad the crash happened.” Is that really a joke?

But, again, Ari has freedom of speech and I don’t hate him or anything. People are allowed to like or dislike what he wrote/said, trying to get the guy murdered or his house vandalized is unacceptable IMO.

Last edited:

TrainedRage

Banned
I think someone on twitter posted Ari’s address and phone numbers within like an hour of his tweet

thats so dangerous and stupid, I fucking hate when people do that to someone online

I don’t think Ari deserves to be “cancelled” or anything but I will fully admit I thought it was a terrible move on his part. I don’t believe that comedy makes everything okay. If he had just focused on Kobe it’s one thing but praising a crash involving innocent kids crosses a line for me

also, I don’t get what the joke was, what was the punchline? Anthony Jeselnik does dark humor too but there’s always a punchline/payoff. Ari just basically said “I’m glad the crash happened.” Is that really a joke?

Yeah, I don't think he took jabs at them but it's pretty unfortunate. Not really tactful but its his 'thing'.

Dude made a joke.

“Every time a beloved celebrity dies I post some horrible shit about them,” he wrote. “I've been doing it for years now. I like destroying gods. And right when a famous person dies they're at their most worshipped. So as a response to all the outpouring of sympathy on social media, I post something vile. it's just a joke. I don't really hate any of the people.” Shaffir said the routine is “dark comedy” and “moronic inappropriate posts I make for the fans who signed up to see them.”

where's the joke though? he had jokes and punchlines for other celebs like Mitzi Shore and how dead comedians who committed suicide were waiting for her in the afterlife but the Kobe thing had no joke. He may not have know that there were innocent kids in the copter but he knew there were 4 other victims besides Kobe as the initial report mentioned a total of 5 died.

Scopa

The Tribe Has Spoken
It would be bad if this was the only time Ari did this but he has done this a lot. Its like his thing, and it worked.
Yeah, I don't think he took jabs at them but it's pretty unfortunate. Not really tactful but its his 'thing'.
He insults recently dead people. That’s his thing?

If my thing was to run around and stick my hand up girl’s skirts at the supermarket in the name of art, should I get a pass for that because it’s my thing?

What if my thing was to stand inside the welfare office and laugh at all the poor people in the lines and call them pathetic scum? But, I’m live streaming it to my Youtube subscribers, you see. Should that be alright because it’s my thing?

Ari has the right to do whatever he wants, but society has a moral compass and when you voluntarily step over that invisible line into mean spirited, poor taste, despicable and humourless, they can and will despise you for it and rightly so.

The Daryl Davis episode was really good. Only complaint was the sound of Daryl's voice due to his laryngitis and towards the end, you could hear every breath he was taking through his nose. The documentary on Daryl is also a really nice watch if you enjoyed the podcast.

LIL JIMMY NORTON

Ohhhh yeah

I’m only 12 minutes in and they talk a little about being controversial (OA getting fired for the Church sex bit) and Joe just briefly mentions “well we talked about Ari before the show” and that’s it so far, nothing in depth

Last edited:

MacReady13

LIL JIMMY NORTON

Ohhhh yeah

I’m only 12 minutes in and they talk a little about being controversial (OA getting fired for the Church sex bit) and Joe just briefly mentions “well we talked about Ari before the show” and that’s it so far, nothing in depth

I'm about 20 minutes in. Love Jim Norton. Great episode so far and it's about 3 hours long! I'm in for a treat!

Scopa

The Tribe Has Spoken
In the Jim Norton episode, Joe said that Bob Lazar told him something off air that would make Jim go “what the fuck?!!” and he promised not to mention it publicly.

I want to know, now. Lol.

So not JRE but Tom and Bert talked about Ari’s Kobe tweet

“One thing we know for sure is there will be some epic tweets when Ari dies.”

Last edited:
Watching Eddie Bravo show his stupidity in the face of a concerned friend trying to get his reasoning was stunning. Eddie basically was backed into a corner, couldn't explain his logic and was getting frustrated that everything Joe was saying sounded so logical.

Last edited:

Ballthyrm

Joe is at his best when he know nothing about the subject and only his curiosity drives him.
He is quite good at asking interesting questions and then letting his guests talk.

bronk

Banned
That last dude that was on, I think the boxing reporter. His voice was excruciating like it legit hurt my ears.

They hang you for 2 oz of weed???? Like do I get a last smoke?

It's like Saudi Arabia, they have zero tolerance on drugs especially if you bring it into the country. On the landing card when you answer the yes or no questions, at the bottom in red says "bringing drugs is punishable by death". But dont let Rogans ignorance fool you about Singapore. Singapore is such a beautiful country, they got art everywhere, they got events,festivals, clubs, alcohol etc. It really is a Disneyland for the rich. Ive been there over 20 times at least, even tho its said its a "fine" city, I have never felt afraid of my actions or should I or could I do something. Its like any other city..I guess it comes to public manners but I definately dont go round the streets and start spitting left and right which is one of the bigger fines in Sin. The place is expensive but you also got lots of local food courts etc, you dont need top be rich or anything.

The country simply has zero tolerance on drugs and you gotta respect that. And they aren't the only ones, Indonesia, Malaysia, Philippines, Saudi Arabia etc. Its the same as you cant smoke on airplanes anymore, just dont do drugs and enjoy an awesome beautiful fun city.

Singapore will cane your ass if you step out of line. The wife and I finished our honeymoon with 4 days in Singapore in 2016 after two weeks in Thailand. I loved the food in Singapore but everything else just felt sterile. Granted, we only did touristy things while we were there but I didn't see many other options, had we not been on a schedule. Thailand on the other hand, I fell in love with that place.

Last edited:
Top Bottom