• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Jeet Shroff - (Sony Santa Monica) Teasing Reveal

As much as I would love to see a new God of war (and Im sure we will), I still kind of hope that Sony will show new IP´s in the first place.

I remember hearing a rumor about some sort of a Space game being developed by Japan Studio and that it will be revealed here. I'd have to do some digging on that tho to clarify where that came from originally.

shubik

I remember hearing a rumor about some sort of a Space game being developed by Japan Studio and that it will be revealed here. I'd have to do some digging on that tho to clarify where that came from originally.

Yeah, I heard this one as well. Sounds promising. Also, ND has a potential new IP as well. Can´t wait for tomorrow

Yeah, I heard this one as well. Sounds promising. Also, ND has a potential new IP as well. Can´t wait for tomorrow

The Naughty Dog IP I've heard about was called Stray Cross (codenamed internally at least). 2 protagonists, a female scientist and a male criminal. They both end up meeting each other on accident during their "adventures" and ally together. Game is FPS and is apperently going with mature themes. Honestly this sounds like Savage Starlight because the Comics feature a scientist and another dude. This could be very fake though, because Druckmann recently said they are not sure if they wanna do a new IP or TLoU 3 next. But maybe they already have ideas for both and just debating which to tackle next. But I know they have multiple teams as well. So this is hard to predict.

Last edited:

shubik

The Naughty Dog IP I've heard about was called Stray Cross. 2 protagonists, a female scientist and a male criminal. They both end up meeting each other on accident during their "adventures" and ally together. Game is FPS and is apperently going with mature themes. Honestly this sounds like Savage Starlight because the Comics feature a scientist and another dude. This could be very fake though, because Druckmann recently said they are not sure if they wanna do a new IP or TLoU 3 next. But maybe they already have ideas for both and just debating which to tackle next. But I know they have multiple teams as well. So this is hard to predict.

Yeah, I was kind of thrown off by the interview from Neil as well. But to be honest I think this is a smoke bomb. No way ND hasn´t yet decided what the next move is. I´m surer that at least pre-production for the first ps5 game has already started.

I don´t think it will be a launch game but a release window at the end of next year or 22 is probably the goal here. What is your take?

D

Deleted member 471617

Unconfirmed Member
Just being passionate and hyped for the show. Not expecting to see anything from Santa Monica on Thursday.

D

Deleted member 471617

Unconfirmed Member

Pretty sure that was called RaySpace or at least that's what im pretty sure was trademarked.

Yeah, I was kind of thrown off by the interview from Neil as well. But to be honest I think this is a smoke bomb. No way ND hasn´t yet decided what the next move is. I´m surer that at least pre-production for the first ps5 game has already started.

I don´t think it will be a launch game but a release window at the end of next year or 22 is probably the goal here. What is your take?

2023 at the earliest. Naughty Dog usually release 2 games per gen (Except PS3) PS3 they had 4 games, 3 uncharted and TLOU in same year as launch of PS4. PS4 was Uncharted 4 in 2016 and 4 years later TLou 2 but end of PS4 and start of PS5. Not counting the TLOU remastered for ps4 sorry.

So 2023 for 1st game and 2027 for 2nd game and probably the year PS6 launches.

D

Deleted member 471617

Unconfirmed Member
2023 at the earliest. Naughty Dog usually release 2 games per gen (Except PS3) PS3 they had 4 games, 3 uncharted and TLOU in same year as launch of PS4. PS4 was Uncharted 4 in 2016 and 4 years later TLou 2 but end of PS4 and start of PS5. Not counting the TLOU remastered for ps4 sorry.

So 2023 for 1st game and 2027 for 2nd game and probably the year PS6 launches.

You forgot about Uncharted: The Lost Legacy. I see Naughty Dog's next game a new IP with TLOUP3 ending the PS5 generation.

ANIMAL1975

As much as I would love to see a new God of war (and Im sure we will), I still kind of hope that Sony will show new IP´s in the first place.
Was going to say this
new IPs always carry a different kind of excitement _ like a new beginning, a renewal... of course that the new stuff has to be something appealing to you lol
Even when you are a big fan of an established IP and you still want a sequel.

Yoboman

God of War was over two years ago now. If they are looking for a teaser and long marketing schedule I could see it being teased and released around 2022

Depends how strong the more immediate lineup is. If SM2, GT and Horizon 2 are launch window as rumoured they can leave GOW in the oven

You forgot about Uncharted: The Lost Legacy. I see Naughty Dog's next game a new IP with TLOUP3 ending the PS5 generation.

True that, but that was a standalone expansion honestly and not really a full fledged title and more of a filler. I think it was originally DLC that was worked on the side along other projects.

Gaz

Oh man I am a grown adult and I seriously cant contain myself about the Thursday show. Its going to be so epic. I feel it!

God of War was over two years ago now. If they are looking for a teaser and long marketing schedule I could see it being teased and released around 2022

Depends how strong the more immediate lineup is. If SM2, GT and Horizon 2 are launch window as rumoured they can leave GOW in the oven

I think Horzion 2 is slated for spring 2021 and Spiderman 2 for holiday 2021. I guess in 2022 could be GoW 2 but for me that's wishful thinking unless they were able to develop it that then sure I'll take it.

D

Deleted member 471617

Unconfirmed Member
Yeah, that's the one. I remember reading a lengthy leak on gaf a few days ago. Sounded interesting

Don't remember seeing this but I found the topic for this and will read it when I wake up. Thanks.

D

Deleted member 471617

Unconfirmed Member
True that, but that was a standalone expansion honestly and not really a full fledged title and more of a filler. I think it was originally DLC that was worked on the side along other projects.

It was originally DLC for Uncharted 4 but became a full fledged game and for me, way better than Uncharted 4 and my best game in the series. I don't see Lost Legacy as a filler at all.

It was originally DLC for Uncharted 4 but became a full fledged game and for me, way better than Uncharted 4 and my best game in the series. I don't see Lost Legacy as a filler at all.

I hope uncharted is done and over with. Way too many games and they got stale pretty fast. If uncharted 5 is being made I remember Sony saying it would be a different studio that makes it. Hope that doesn't ever happen. Waste of time imo let the franchise die.

shubik

I hope uncharted is done and over with. Way too many games and they got stale pretty fast. If uncharted 5 is being made I remember Sony saying it would be a different studio that makes it. Hope that doesn't ever happen. Waste of time imo let the franchise die.

That's the other big rumor floating around. Sony gave the Uncharted license to the new studio they are currently building and they are making a spin off.

I kind of think that this will be a multiplayer title. Sony stated several times that they want to go all-in on multiplayer the next-gen.

Yoboman

I think Horzion 2 is slated for spring 2021 and Spiderman 2 for holiday 2021. I guess in 2022 could be GoW 2 but for me that's wishful thinking unless they were able to develop it that then sure I'll take it.
Possibly. All of these now are sequels to what were essentially new IP so im hoping that cuts down some dev time on what would normally be conception preproduction etc

D

Deleted member 471617

Unconfirmed Member

I agree and disagree at the same time. After Uncharted 4, I was happy that the series was going to be dead and buried but Lost Legacy brought me back. Uncharted 5? I have zero interest. I don't care about Drake and company as they had their run and it's over and done with in my opinion. But Lost Legacy 2 with Chloe and possibly Cutter? Hell yeah. Give me that 12-15 hour action packed Indiana Jones treasure hunting puzzle solving adventure and im all in. Nadine can return as I liked her in Lost Legacy but not so much in Uncharted 4. Sam can go away though.

D

Deleted member 471617

Unconfirmed Member
That's the other big rumor floating around. Sony gave the Uncharted license to the new studio they are currently building and they are making a spin off.

I kind of think that this will be a multiplayer title. Sony stated several times that they want to go all-in on multiplayer the next-gen.

The new San Diego studio is most likely working on a new Uncharted game. Personally, im hoping for Lost Legacy 2.

D

Deleted member 471617

Unconfirmed Member

Oh wow. You're a year earlier than I am for both of those games. I have Horizon 2 as February 2022 and Spider Man 2 as September 2022. God of War 2 in 2023. Tomorrow, I have to find that PS5 showcase predictions topic and update my previous post. Hehehe. :)

cormack12

Gold Member
I have a hard time believe of seeing GoW 2 this early in any shape or form. I am just gonna assume the guy is just cheering for the other teams over at Sony.

Yeah got to be honest, I completed God of War and I'm not ready for another one quite yet. Haven't forgotten some of the poor platforming, wave attacks like Bioshock Infinite, the stupid ship level and the trolls. It was a solid game, but the excitement just isn't there for a sequel just yet for me. Lost legacy was a great finish for uncharted. Though I'm not adverse to Chloe carrying it on. Don't think I'm bothered if they use a peripheral character like Cutter, or Drake's daughter. Sully or Chloe have a bit of a connection there so yeah, I'd dig that.

yurinka

There is nothing teasing a Santa Monica game on that tweet, it can be:
-"join us": Join the Sony/Playstation team
-"what the future has in store": the first PS5 games announced by all the companies

Last edited:

Vawn

Banned
It's too soon for God of War. I think this show will be for release window PS5 games. We may get teases of more distant games later this year.

D

Deleted member 471617

Unconfirmed Member
I am playing Watch Dogs 2 now but I'd like to fit LL in before TLOU2...

Lost Legacy was fucking great. It's everything that I wanted Uncharted 4 to be but wasn't. If it wasn't for Horizon Zero Dawn, Lost Legacy was going to be my 2017 game of the year.

How are you enjoying WD 2? I loved the gameplay/combat/parkour and visuals but hated the story, characters and soundtrack. I zoomed through the story back in January and only reason why I played through was because im interested in WD Legion.

Bryank75

Banned
Lost Legacy was fucking great. It's everything that I wanted Uncharted 4 to be but wasn't. If it wasn't for Horizon Zero Dawn, Lost Legacy was going to be my 2017 game of the year.

How are you enjoying WD 2? I loved the gameplay/combat/parkour and visuals but hated the story, characters and soundtrack. I zoomed through the story back in January and only reason why I played through was because im interested in WD Legion.
I'm loving it so far, I've not got very far yet but I think this series could rival GTA if they put enough resources into it. The visuals need work to reach that Rockstar level and need to pop a bit more but the gameplay is really great, I would put this up there with R6 Siege as the best gameplay Ubisoft has ever done.

I'm really hyped for Legion too now... and I've been fairly rough on Ubisoft recently!

Bryank75

Banned
The old Twitter bot that tweeted out new threads died, and the lack of it made it really difficult to follow things for my lazy, dumb self. Now there's a new one, so I'm back 😂
Good to see you dude, hyped for tomorrow?

P.S. There is a hype train in one of the threads if you want to get in on it!

Abriael_GN

RSI Employee of the Year
Good to see you dude, hyped for tomorrow?

P.S. There is a hype train in one of the threads if you want to get in on it!

Funnily, not really hyped. It may sound Jaded, but for me a new generation mostly means more work and having to read a lot of clickbait/flamebait/questionable rumors which is mostly irritating. I get excited after a few months when I finally have the time to sit down and play.

Last edited:
D

Deleted member 471617

Unconfirmed Member
I'm loving it so far, I've not got very far yet but I think this series could rival GTA if they put enough resources into it. The visuals need work to reach that Rockstar level and need to pop a bit more but the gameplay is really great, I would put this up there with R6 Siege as the best gameplay Ubisoft has ever done.

I'm really hyped for Legion too now... and I've been fairly rough on Ubisoft recently!

So basically of how I felt when I played the game. LOL. Glad that you're enjoying the game though. I am very interested in Legion but hoping you can turn off the permadeath in it because when they revealed it last year, there was a woman who did these martial arts moves and counters which I what I want to do in the game so to be able to do that and then die permanently would be so disappointing. But we'll see.

Never played RSS as im not on online gamer but in general, I would say gameplay wise, that's usually been Ubisoft's strong suit as I loved Division 1 and 2. FC 4/Primal. FC 5 was great gameplay wise but other aspects turned me off. New Dawn was bad because the RPG elements for enemies shouldn't be in Far Cry. Loved AC Origins and Odyssey. I also enjoyed Wildlands a lot but quit Breakpoint after several hours since it was the opposite of what I enjoyed about Wildlands.

I am looking forward to playing Valhalla, Legion and FC 6 as I am a huge Ubisoft fan. I really just need a new Splinter Cell for next gen and I'll be set. lol.

Bryank75

Banned
Funnily, not really hyped. It may sound Jaded, but for me a new generation mostly means more work and having to read a lot of clickbait/flamebait/questionable rumors which is mostly irritating. I get excited after a few months when I finally have the time to sit down and play.
I understand, it will be great to finally experience the games in a few months.

So basically of how I felt when I played the game. LOL. Glad that you're enjoying the game though. I am very interested in Legion but hoping you can turn off the permadeath in it because when they revealed it last year, there was a woman who did these martial arts moves and counters which I what I want to do in the game so to be able to do that and then die permanently would be so disappointing. But we'll see.

Never played RSS as im not on online gamer but in general, I would say gameplay wise, that's usually been Ubisoft's strong suit as I loved Division 1 and 2. FC 4/Primal. FC 5 was great gameplay wise but other aspects turned me off. New Dawn was bad because the RPG elements for enemies shouldn't be in Far Cry. Loved AC Origins and Odyssey. I also enjoyed Wildlands a lot but quit Breakpoint after several hours since it was the opposite of what I enjoyed about Wildlands.

I am looking forward to playing Valhalla, Legion and FC 6 as I am a huge Ubisoft fan. I really just need a new Splinter Cell for next gen and I'll be set. lol.

Yes, Splinter Cell is something I really miss... I was particularly into Double Agent and that was a long time ago!

kyoji

New IP, Sony will continue the model they normally do which is each 1st party studio creating at least 1 new ip + building on an existing franchise from the previous gen later in the new generation. Its probably to soon to be another God of war yet.

2023 at the earliest. Naughty Dog usually release 2 games per gen (Except PS3) PS3 they had 4 games, 3 uncharted and TLOU in same year as launch of PS4. PS4 was Uncharted 4 in 2016 and 4 years later TLou 2 but end of PS4 and start of PS5. Not counting the TLOU remastered for ps4 sorry
I don' t see how you can say that they USUALLY release 2 games per gen when this has never happened. They released 4 games on PlayStation (Crash 1, 2, 3 and Kart Racing), 4 on Ps2 (Jak 1, 2, 3 and X: Combat Racing), 4 on Ps3, as you said, and 3 on Ps4 ( 2 Uncharted + TLOU 2).
It's certainly possible that they are going to make just 2 new games on next generation, but it will not be their usual

I don' t see how you can say that they USUALLY release 2 games per gen when this has never happened. They released 4 games on PlayStation (Crash 1, 2, 3 and Kart Racing), 4 on Ps2 (Jak 1, 2, 3 and X: Combat Racing), 4 on Ps3, as you said, and 3 on Ps4 ( 2 Uncharted + TLOU 2).
It's certainly possible that they are going to make just 2 new games on next generation, but it will not be their usual

I am going off more of recent times dude. PS2 and PS1 days is so long ago and the workflow and development of games has changed, get with the times dude land stop being delusional.

Last edited:
Top Bottom