• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

JC really was black after all

Status
Not open for further replies.

Roshamboi

Banned
Now this isnt a racist post or anything like that but really what man in his right mind would turn water into wine? A black JC thats who....

Now i'm not one to debate if Jesus Christ was black or not, but man Chris Rock makes it all fit for some reason. I'm white and i see JC as being black what is wrong with me? Oh well we'll never know, that is until he comes back. JC is like Tupac always releasing new material on the masses. He lives on.

Happy Birthday JC
BLACKJESUS2.jpg

Roshi

Looks like someone got a hold of some old Comic View videos. :lol

Uhhh call me crazy but, wouldn't Jesus look something like the people that currently inhabit the region where he was born. I suspect he looked more like Arafat than DiCaprio.

belgurdo

Banned
Tommie Hu$tle said:
Looks like someone got a hold of some old Comic View videos. :lol

Uhhh call me crazy but, wouldn't Jesus look something like the people that currently inhabit the region where he was born. I suspect he looked more like Arafat than DiCaprio.

bushhome.jpg

"So you're saying Jesus hates freedom, then?"

Lyte Edge

All I got for the Vernal Equinox was this stupid tag
Seth C said:
*blink*

Black sons of Abraham, Isaac, and Jacob? Yeah, call me a doubter.

And you think they were what? White guys? Yeah, I'm staying out of this one.

belgurdo said:
bushhome.jpg

"So you're saying Jesus hates freedom, then?"

I believe Jesus was a freedom hater. I would think he is a would probably be a liberal socalist in today's world. I mean the man hung out with lepers that would be like hanging out with aids victims in todays world.

Fresh Prince said:
Does this really matter?
I mean if he 'supposed' to be the son of God- he is white anyway :p

:lol Indeed

SKluck

Banned
The Jews of Africa program will introduce you to the fascinating, complex and often eye-opening world of African Jewry
:lol

:lol :lol :lol

I didn't know that was actually a word.

Seth C

Pimpwerx said:
You are gonna get so owned on this one Seth. There ARE black Jews somewhere in Africa. I forget where, but there was a documentary on it on TLC or Discovery or something. I'd do more research, but I don't think it's necessary. You can find stuff pretty easy on it:

http://www.mindspring.com/~jaypsand/

PEACE.

EDIT: Just search for "african jews"

*sigh* Do you people even realize that you can be Jewish ethnically and/or religiously? Of course there are black Jews (religiously) in the world. There are black Catholics, too. But a black man isn't any more a Jew ethnically than I am a black man. Your religion doesn't change your racial heritage.

For crying out loud....

Jew (noun)

1. An adherent of Judaism as a religion or culture.
2. A member of the widely dispersed people originally descended from the ancient Hebrews and sharing an ethnic heritage based on Judaism.
3. A native or inhabitant of the ancient kingdom of Judah.

SHOCKIE

Seth C said:
*sigh* Do you people even realize that you can be Jewish ethnically and/or religiously? Of course there are black Jews (religiously) in the world. There are black Catholics, too. But a black man isn't any more a Jew ethnically than I am a black man. Your religion doesn't change your racial heritage.

For crying out loud....

Jew (noun)

1. An adherent of Judaism as a religion or culture.
2. A member of the widely dispersed people originally descended from the ancient Hebrews and sharing an ethnic heritage based on Judaism.
3. A native or inhabitant of the ancient kingdom of Judah.

There is a black tribe in Africa that is closely related to white Jews in Israel proven with D.N.A testing.

Pimpwerx

Since when has Jew been a race? Seriously, I didn't know it was it's own race, I thought it was just a religion. I glom Jews in with white or arabic people. Meh, the labels mean nothing, but how do they distinguish between someone from Israel and someone from Palestine? One's a Jew, the other's an Arab. Does that mean Palestinians classify as Jews? Meh, I don't think it's a race. PEACE.

hXc_thugg

Pimpwerx said:
Since when has Jew been a race? Seriously, I didn't know it was it's own race, I thought it was just a religion. I glom Jews in with white or arabic people. Meh, the labels mean nothing, but how do they distinguish between someone from Israel and someone from Palestine? One's a Jew, the other's an Arab. Does that mean Palestinians classify as Jews? Meh, I don't think it's a race. PEACE.

It is technically an ethnicity and a religion. Kind of tricky, all that.

Shinobi

Tommie Hu$tle said:
I believe Jesus was a freedom hater. I would think he is a would probably be a liberal socalist in today's world. I mean the man hung out with lepers that would be like hanging out with aids victims in todays world.

Alas, this man speaks the truth...

jesuspic.jpg

SHOCKIE said:
There is a black tribe in Africa that is closely related to white Jews in Israel proven with D.N.A testing.
That would be my tribe, the Igbo.

Some belive that the word Hebrew is derived from Igbo. There are a lot of other linguistic and cultural bridges as well... pretty interesting stuff.

The Black Stallion said:
That would be my tribe, the Igbo.

Some belive that the word Hebrew is derived from Igbo. There are a lot of other linguistic and cultural bridges as well... pretty interesting stuff.

it is not your tribe

DonasaurusRex

Online Ho Champ
Its been proven with DNA testing, there are black jews related all the way back to Moses's brother Aaron. Jewish people were spread out all over the entire roman empire in the first centruy so of course they have a wide aaray of features but they are all related genetically. Most of the jews in isreal now are of European descent, they were given back their homeland by the UN and moved back to the middle east, but that was after centuries of mixing with many different cultures.

Cimarron

^^^^^^
*DING, DING, DING,DING*

This man has the million dollar answer right there! Tell him what he wins Bob!

But yeah he is right. My Grandmother was an Ethiopian Jew. And she definately didn't look like most the folks running around Israel.

Chopin Trusty Balls

First casualty in the war on idioticy.
There are 80K Black Ethiopean Jews in Israel,and there are 100K Black Jews in North America,and i dont know how many in Africa.
Back then people in the middle east had generally darker skin,so Jesus probobly had dark skin but rather middle eastern faceform.

Its possible. The Jewish ancestry according to both the Bible and Torah extends back to Mesopotamia, which we know today as modern day Iraq.

Jesus (Yeshua) probably looked like similar to what the people of Iraq look like (which would be olive/brown skin with black/brown hair). Its possible however he could have been darker than that. Who knows.

We can't prove it one way or the other, but I would say historians have a pretty good idea of what Hewbrews in the Middle East looked like 2000 years ago or so. Probably not all that different from the people that live there today who didn't move out into Europe.

I think Dreamworks probably got it right with "The Prince of Egypt" animated film released a few years ago, as far as how the Hewbrews back then looked. Most historians/theologians today would probably agree.

poster1.jpg

It's a pretty interesting historical period.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom