• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

ITT: It's 2064 and you've just booted up your PS11.

winjer

I enter the Holodeck, and tell the computer to recreate my room in 1997. I unbox Tekken 3 and play it on my PSX, just like in the original day one release.

holodeck.png

Dazraell

I go to work and see a personalised ad of the newest and hottest game on the market - Call of Duty: Modern Warfare II. Neuralink knows I keep mocking Modern Warfare being rebooted for like 5 or 6th time in a row, so fucker keeps showing these blasted ads

Fbh

I don't know about you guys but I think they really nailed the 7th remake of The Last of Us , this might be the best one yet.
If the newest Horizon, God of War 2018 and Uncharted remakes are this good I think we are in for an amazing gen.
I hope the rumors of a new Spiderman 1 remake are true, it has already been like 7 years since the last re-release so we are way overdue a new version.

Wonko_C

Sony just doesn't learn. Neuralink will never be mainstream. I don't know why they keep wasting resources on gimmicks. Nothing beats sitting on my couch with a controller in front of the TV.

Chittagong

Gold Member
Based on historical PlayStation release intervals of 5-7 years, a PlayStation 11 (PS11) could feasibly be released around 2060. This assumes Sony continues its current release pattern and maintains the PlayStation brand.

Each PlayStation generation has brought significant technological advancements. Assuming Moore's Law holds to some degree, albeit slowing down, and considering current trends in computing power, it's plausible that a PS11 in 2064 could feature exascale computing capabilities, reaching into the exaflops range (a thousand times more powerful than a teraflop).

This would represent a monumental leap in processing power, enabling unprecedented graphics and AI capabilities in gaming. However, the future landscape of gaming technology will likely be influenced by new entertainment forms, consumer preferences, and innovations, making the exact nature of future consoles and their technology speculative.

Represent.

Represent(ative) of bad opinions
2064... I'll only be 74, not that old. My parents age, they are alive and well and look/move better than basically every 50 year old I know. You shouldn't be flabby and sick at that age. Take care of your body people :messenger_mr_smith_who_are_you_going_to_call:

I will be playing GTA 7 in 2064, as thats probably when we get it

Last edited:

SHA

Nintendo, Sony, Microsoft
Y'll MFs, make great games, I know you could, age is just a number, not a puzzle inside our heads.

efyu_lemonardo

May I have a cookie?
The PS9 doesn't come out til 2078 so how can you have PS11 in 2064?
Sony charging an extra $19,000 for the time travel expansion is pushing it, I agree, but so is the price of next gen gaming.

Besides, who wants to play in the present anyway? The 22nd century is a radioactive wasteland.

Last edited:

Impotaku

The way Sony is going I doubt they will even make it to ps8 let alone 11. Hell they’ll probably have folded or been absorbed by another company. Constantly going for power is unsustainable.

Last edited:
I don't know about you guys but I think they really nailed the 7th remake of The Last of Us , this might be the best one yet.
If the newest Horizon, God of War 2018 and Uncharted remakes are this good I think we are in for an amazing gen.
I hope the rumors of a new Spiderman 1 remake are true, it has already been like 7 years since the last re-release so we are way overdue a new version.
Why does this actually seem completely accurate.

Jadsey

I'll be too busy following coverage of the 2064 US election between the reanimated corpses of Trump and Biden.

Mind you I might get distracted by the inevitable 'Skyrim PS11 Edition'

That's good because ypu can't get any more advancements after 9 anyway

This commercial was so cool considering how futuristic the PS2 felt at the time.

---------------------

2064 Rumor Alert:

Inside sources are saying Valve is considering thinking about maybe doing a tiny bit of pre-development on Half-Life 3.

Half Life GIF

Last edited:
Top Bottom