• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

It's 2023 and they still sell us 10 hotdogs and 8 buns...

DeepEnigma

Gold Member
According to the National Hot Dog Sausage Council (NHDSC), “Sandwich rolls, or hot dog buns, most often come eight to the pack because the buns are baked in clusters of four in pans designed to hold eight rolls.” Yep, there’s a council for hot dogs. Let’s end the debate and determine if a hot dog is a sandwich.

What are some other asinine things still done today, that should have been corrected a long time ago?

midnightAI

Don't give them ideas or they'll start selling them in batches of 8 hotdogs.... for the price of 10

(I just put 2 hotdogs in one bun)

Regarding the topic...
I have just recently stripped down a full suspension mountain bike and stripped the paint off it using paint stripper... Here in the UK (and at least Europe) they have removed all the harsh chemicals out of the paint stripper due to harm to the environment and people's health (mainly Dichloromethane). The problem is those harsh chemicals were the very reason paint stripper worked effectively so now it's pretty crap, took me several days to strip the paint when it should have taken a few hours.

Last edited:

Men_in_Boxes

Snake Oil Salesman
This is a non issue. Just buy 8 hot dog packages and 10 bun packages and a mini fridge.

I guess DeepEnigma DeepEnigma took math at one of those public schools.

rytteriet-snobberne.gif

LiquidMetal14

hide your water-based mammals
I am so over ordering the imported Artisan flower and the fresh caught poppy seed and sesame seeds from the rare addition is islands off of madagascar. I do this because it's only eight buns per package and this is not 19 63, it is the year 2023.

When you portion everything out with those special ones you can order off Amazon or wish, you get roughly around 83 sesame seeds per bun so I have to fraction them out and if I had those ready in 10 packs I wouldn't have to order all of this stuff and then I had to actually get one of those special baking things that get you the 10 and the eight packs don't cut it anymore this is a piece of shit

StreetsofBeige

Gold Member
There's also practical reasons why hot dogs come in 8s regardless of what google search answer you get (I read something about buns being baked in clusters of 4.

Hamburger buns always seem to come in 8. So hotdog buns in 8 makes sense matching up for simplicity for understanding at same pricing. Also, depending on the brand the weights of each bag of buns will be similar, so no point making it 10 hot dog buns. If you get weird configurations, prices and expectations then the price of a bag of burger buns will be X, and the same brand of hot dog buns pricing will be Y.

Dacvak

No one shall be brought before our LORD David Bowie without the true and secret knowledge of the Photoshop. For in that time, so shall He appear.
Two weens in one bun. It’s like the meat version of a double stuffed Oreo. Easy fix.

Liljagare

You must live in some uncivilized parts of the world, barbarians. Here they are sold 6 and 6, or 12 and 12 for extra savings. :p

StueyDuck

Are muricans incapable of buying bread that's not already prepackaged and highly manufactured?

Like we can do that or simply just ask for the number of rolls you want at the bakery section

KrakenIPA

I just use them as fishing bait. Bass really love them.

If I ever see Raccoons at night I'll give some to them also.
tLuXhho.gif
Have you ever heard of fisherman that use buns as bait? They hook it up and supposedly it's the sugar content that draws in fish. I've never done it but it seems like I should try it.

Cohetedor

Are muricans incapable of buying bread that's not already prepackaged and highly manufactured?

Like we can do that or simply just ask for the number of rolls you want at the bakery section
Actually, yes, Ive never seen hamburger or hotdog rolls available to purchase as singles. Even at bakeries only multi packs are usually available.

GymWolf

Why nobody talk about hamburers being sold in pair but the smallest hambuerger bun pack is 4 pieces?

And don't let me start with the sliced cheese...

Last edited:

navii

My fantasy is that my girlfriend was actually a young high school girl.
Get 8 packets of hot dogs and 10 packets of buns. Now you have the exact amount of buns to hot dogs.

22:22:22

NO PAIN TRANCE CONTINUE
Having hot dogs tonight.
With sauerkraut, dill pickle and raw onion. 1 sausage per bun = best ratio. I'm no stranger regarding the 2 in a bun but i don't prefer it.

DeepEnigma DeepEnigma I'm on the dutch council. It's just me though.

Top Bottom