• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

It took Halo: Reach players eight years to climb this tower.

IbizaPocholo

NeoGAFs Kent Brockman

Back in 2011, YouTuber Duelies filmed themselves jet packing to the top of a far-off tower in Halo: Reach. It was an impressive feat — the building was in the background of the Exodus level and therefore not meant to be scaled — but the Halo trickster thought players could probably one-up the achievement. What if someone could reach the top without using a jetpack?

So began one of Halo: Reach’s most long-standing “launch” challenges, which dared players to catch tremendous air and, hopefully, land on a white roof alive and intact. It’s much harder than it sounds. Aaron Sekela, a Halo: Reach fan who is a part of a collective known as Termacious Trickocity, has been chasing this white whale for years now, on and off.

Sekela admittedly almost lost hope. The Halo-launching veteran says it was the most stressful trick he’s ever attempted — and he’s accomplished a great deal in Halo games already.

“There were times when I was trying it thinking to myself this isn’t really worth it,” Sekela told Polygon. “But at that point I sunk so much time into it, I would have been wasted time if I didn’t complete it at that point. That was my driving force towards the end, just get it done so I don’t ever have to play on this level again.”

check the link for more.

Danny Dudekisser

I paid good money for this Dynex!
That's such an obscure objective that, regardless of the commitment it took, I'm not particularly impressed. So... ok, I guess?

This is the kind of thing you should spend an afternoon on then forget about.

They wasted 8 years worth of free time to achieve nothing of any value or importance, time that could instead have been spent improving their and their families lives.

Top Bottom