• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Is this a good list for a Metal Gear/Solid collection?

drohne

hyperbolically metafictive
hey, i just bought document and ps2 substance as well. the mgs4 trailer has made me want to replay mgs2, and i may as well do it right. i went for new copies, though, so it cost me slightly more. :x

Wario64

works for Gamestop (lol)
i still need to buy substance...and a new copy of Metal Gear Solid definitive version (PSone)

Wario64 said:
i still need to buy substance...and a new copy of Metal Gear Solid definitive version (PSone)

Too bad we never really got that version, it was only in Japan. The VR Missions was part of the package as well some extra functions in the main game itself.

Solid

you people dont have substance? judas :(

i have a somewhat big mgs collection, but i doubt anyone cares.

dark10x and I went through his MGS2 document disc pretty thoroughly last night, and there was a lot of cool stuff in it, namely the unused 3D model of
Manhattan after Arsenal Gear beached itself through downtown.
Very awesome looking.

Also, what the mocap actor for Raiden said: "unlike the character of Raiden, I am not of neutral gender."

Solid

Wario64 said:
i was gonna get substance but it came out nearly the same time as ZoE2 so i got that instead
oh ok, well you are forgiven then! :D

be sure to pick it up though, it's great. i love to practice my skillz in VR.

Brandon F

Well congratulations! You got yourself caught!
Substance is pretty awesome. The VR missions were damned addictive(if not occasionnally redundant). I've been stuck at around 95% or so completion for a year or so now, should really try to just polish them off, but that final sniping one with MGS1 snake is a killer.

Extreme mode is a lot of fun too, especially going for dogtags. Sucks I hit a brick wall at the HORRIBLY STUPID button-mashing sequence right at the end of the game trying to escape Solidus' tentacle raping. Shit is impossible.

gogogow

The bonus disc of MGS2: SOL was pretty awesome too.
The vid where Kojima pretends to be Otacon and does that glass thingy with his fingers was awesome!

Miburou

MGS games I have:

Metal Gear Solid US (PS1)
Metal Gear Solid Integral JP (PS1) (haven't played it yet)

Metal Gear Solid The Twin Snakes US (GC)

Metal Gear Solid 2 US (PS2)
Metal Gear Solid 2 Premium Pack JP (PS2)
Metal Gear Solid 2 EU (PS2) (can't play it, bought it used for the bonus disc)
Metal Gear Solid 2 Substance US (PS2)

Metal Gear Solid 3 US (PS2)

Planning on buying Subsistence US (PS2), and maybe MGS3 JP when it comes out as Greatest Hits.

Also have the Document of MGS2 US, and the MGS2 trailer DVD. I also have MG GB on GBA, and AC!D on PSP, but those aren't Solid games. And my MSX2 EU copy of MG got stolen around 10 years ago.

Miburou

BTW, last year when I was in Japan, I found Metal Gear (MSX2) going for around $100, and MG2: SS (MSX2) for $200. Do you still have both, Solidsnake?

ChrisReid

The very coolest Metal Gear collectible is the VR Missions Super Soaker.

metalgearsoaker.jpg

metalgearsoaker2.jpg

I bid about $250 when one showed up on eBay.. and several people outbid me.

Razoric

Banned
i swear to god all of us nerds think alike. I JUST ordered MGS2:S and Doc of MGS2 off ebay.

We are ALL pathetic. :lol :lol

:D

ArcadeStickMonk said:
dark10x and I went through his MGS2 document disc pretty thoroughly last night, and there was a lot of cool stuff in it, namely the unused 3D model of
Manhattan after Arsenal Gear beached itself through downtown.
Very awesome looking.

Also, what the mocap actor for Raiden said: "unlike the character of Raiden, I am not of neutral gender."

And what about Metal Gear Ray's detailed cockpit? Friggin' awesome.

I really hope we get to pilot a metal gear in MGS4.......

Brandon F

Well congratulations! You got yourself caught!
Metal Gear fever has us by the nuts. I've always kicked myself for skipping out on Document the day I snagged Substance Xbox a couple years back. I really didn't think I needed the fanservice, but 40+ hours of VR missions and an Extreme difficulty playthrough later, I came to realize my fuck-up.

Anyone have a packaging shot of the European MGS2 set? I bet it looks pimp.

TTP

Have a fun! Enjoy!
Brandon F said:
Extreme mode is a lot of fun too, especially going for dogtags. Sucks I hit a brick wall at the HORRIBLY STUPID button-mashing sequence right at the end of the game trying to escape Solidus' tentacle raping. Shit is impossible.

Very difficult... it was :D

Solid

Razoric said:
i swear to god all of us nerds think alike. I JUST ordered MGS2:S and Doc of MGS2 off ebay.

We are ALL pathetic. :lol :lol

:D
i know exactly what you mean :lol

btw good purchase, you wont regret it :)

Top Bottom