• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Is the Switch Pro vaporware or real?

Woopah

Yea a certain youtuber and his stream has been saying it every Saturday night for at least 3 damn years.
"It is coming bro" "We have rumours of a switch pro in the pipeline".
STOP TRYING TO MAKE A SWITCH PRO A THING! IT WONT EVER BE A THING!!!
Is what i would like to say to them every sat. Yea Nintendo could do it, and it could be the 8k 200 fps unit we all wish for, but until i see an announcement by Nintendo themselves i wish they would STFU about it. Because they never have any sort of hard evidence. It is always just "trust me bro" and "hackers found this entry in the new switch FW files."
Not considering that Nintendo have been known to mess with hackers before.
Yeah I wouldn't listen to YouTubers on this. Bloomberg and Nikkei are the best sources.

mcjmetroid

I think what people think is a switch pro is vaporware.

It's going to be the Switch 2.

I do think the original switch is going to be upgraded again though but a cheaper version again and only after a successor has been released.
So...Am I looking more right as time goes on?

A l,ot of games were announced at E3 but no sign at all of a Switch "Pro" and we're coming up to the nearly 5th year of the Switch's release.

You think think it makes sense for them to reveal a Pro version of the console this year?

AV

We ain't outta here in ten minutes, we won't need no rocket to fly through space

A l,ot of games were announced at E3 but no sign at all of a Switch "Pro" and we're coming up to the nearly 5th year of the Switch's release.

You think think it makes sense for them to reveal a Pro version of the console this year?

I think they would have done if they had any games ready to play on it. Nobody needs a Switch Pro for Warioware.

Even if they call it Switch 2 it's still just going to be a Pro model because there's absolute zero chance they make BOTW2, Bayo3, MP4 and whatever new 3D Mario exclusive to that new system. OG Switch has to play those games.

mcjmetroid

I think they would have done if they had any games ready to play on it. Nobody needs a Switch Pro for Warioware.

Even if they call it Switch 2 it's still just going to be a Pro model because there's absolute zero chance they make BOTW2, Bayo3, MP4 and whatever new 3D Mario exclusive to that new system. OG Switch has to play those games.
This is true that's what I'm trying to tell people as well. A Switch 2 would essentially be a Pro model anyway with its own exclusive games.
But the OG Switch will get all the games you've seen so far.

Switch 2 will absolutely be backward compatible.

Zannegan

I still think the "pro" exists. I don't think it's a full-on successor based on the specs we've heard about so far. Granted, they might call whatever it is a Switch 2, but I highly doubt it'll be any more than a refresh at heart.

Of course, we are in the middle of a chip production shortage, so they could have shelved it for now or even cancelled the thing... Or it could have been BS from the beginning.

My best guess though is that it's real, it's coming this year, but they decided to announce it at another time because... Nintendo. They did the EXACT same thing with the New 3DS in exactly the same situation. We even knew that was coming too.

I guess we'll see.

Shut0wen

Got the switch lite and really love it. There are a couple of games I would like to play on my big screen so deciding on picking up the regular switch. I rather wait for the "pro" version if indeed it exists. IS this a thing or internet bullshit?
I reckon it'll come out march-september next year, botw 2 will be a switch pro launch title, probs get announced in afew months if not yeah it doesnt exist

Amin_Parker

Nintendo is always working on Hardware so the switch Pro does exist somewhere in Nintendo headquarters. They will release it either next year or within the next few years. It will either be called The Switch Pro or the switch 2 or something else. But they always are working on new hardware and exploring new things so the system exists in some way shape or form at the company

Oberstein

p22Hz91.jpg

Nico_D

It is actually a quantum console existing and not existing at the same time until it is witnessed by - someone who is not a trusted leaker - eyes.

I believe it is real. I just think it's been delayed due to chip shortages.

It might be a blessing in disguise, as developers can take more time to utilize the new hardware, and the current model still sells well enough it can barely keep up with demand.

Plus, barring a few exceptions, Nintendo seems to be announcing things much closer to release than ever before.

scydrex

Let´s forget about the Switch Pro. Nintendo have to release the Switch 2 or the next hardware. If it doesn't release this year is not worthy. The Switch release 03-03-17 so it has 4 year already. Next year will be 5 so a Switch Pro almost 5 years later?

Last edited:
Top Bottom