• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Is the reveal in Ace Ventura the worst executed twist in a movie?

ymoc

One of the few times I've yelled at the screen while watching a movie. It was pretty good for the first half, but that ending is beyond shit.
Same here.
Man, the movie was building up this fresh take on horror genre, we had our guy who was a paranormal activity scam detective, debunking fakers left and right and it slowly builds up the tension and everything. It had some legit scary scenes, with a bunch of freaky weird stuff going on. And then they did that ending. I was so pissed. What were they thinking.

Funny as hell and it triggers the fuck out of people in 2021.

ace-ventura.gif

you probably triggered all of reeee :messenger_tears_of_joy:

Star-Lord

No it isn't. Even though my mom blurted it out in the theater after about 5 minutes. "Oh, He is dead" much to the chagrin of the other patrons.
I mean, you say it isn’t obvious, then say you’re mother picked up on it after five minutes. That was quicker than me. So it’s not obvious, except when it is.

AJUMP23

Gold Member
I mean, you say it isn’t obvious, then say you’re mother picked up on it after five minutes. That was quicker than me. So it’s not obvious, except when it is.
I didn't think it was obvious, but my mother is intuitive and she got it. I just think we call it obvious when we look back on it.

Top Bottom