• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Is the media meltdown over Stellar Blade the final nail in the coffin for legacy game ‘journalism’?

Hopefully it is the end. Fuck all these weirdo sites who can’t stand to see attractive girls, straight characters, white characters and any other of the things they find offensive. They have shown how toxic and demonic they truly are.

DanielG165

I’ve personally never really took any game “journalism” seriously, so the outrage from IGN and friends over Stellar Blade has been pure entertainment for me.

Danjin44

The nicest person on this forum
I still dont understand why so much meltdown over Eve's design? She is attractive but its not like this first time we got attractive main character in asian games.

I dont remember there was this much meltdown over Ryza games.
qaUEi5o.png
QxJuS8I.png

AV

We ain't outta here in ten minutes, we won't need no rocket to fly through space
I don't think you or in fact these legacy media morons understand how this works, these are short-term gains at the expense of long-term reputation and credibility. Vice, Buzzfeed and many others also did this rageclick marketing gimmick and it worked for a while but they failed to understand that a) the woke cult they pandered to isn't that numerous b) in order to keep pushing their message it was at the expense of the general public's trust

Sure some people will click this article but even more people will be convinced to remove IGN from their speed dial/bookmarks. Eventually the only clicks the site will get will be rage clicks which will force them to post more shit like that further diminishing their reputation until the public is utterly bored even with that because they no longer consider the site serious or worth their time to even rage about

IGN never had any credibility to begin with and they're 28 years old. They're a complete rag for the casual gamer who isn't looking for deep coverage of video games and that's fine, plenty of newspapers that work that way too.

The Stellar Blade racism thread is at 10 pages now, meanwhile the thread about how there's apparently 0.5 seconds of input lag is on page 2. On a video game forum. The anti woke hate brigade can't help themselves but yell into the void about how much they care or don't care about something. Happens every time.

Last edited:

Hudo

If people stop engaging with the shit these blogs are posting (including not posting threads on GAF about it), they'll rot away on their own eventually. The only winning move is not to engage at all.

Mooreberg

969feba0096d93b86481361de0f8ca27.jpg
You wish.

Freelance cunts will exist forever but the landscape will change so they’re talking to no one.

The final wave will be laid off, as many of those before them.

Disenfranchised, they will become angry social media users unable to make a living.

e2CYvWy.jpeg
Yup. The pro-Hamas protesters are going to vote for the guy with Jewish family members. I had forgotten this dumbass existed for about ten years, looks like nothing improved.
If people stop engaging with the shit these blogs are posting (including not posting threads on GAF about it), they'll rot away on their own eventually. The only winning move is not to engage at all.
I never click on a single one of the links. It's a source of laughter at this point.

Kumomeme

Game achieved the low 80s which is stellar for an unproven developer with a new IP, and so far is tracking to do very well commercially. Like with Hogwart's Legacy, this is another battleground they've lost.

The Chef's Kiss to the situation is the success of Stellar Blade will continue to open the floodgates for future South Korean developers to enter the console gaming market, and South Korea is even hornier than Japan.
im not suprise if this gonna spark a 'war' between korea and japan devs about who gonna put out prettier girl on videogames

while western devs are gonna be like:

Gulp Swallowing GIF by NETFLIX

rip to woke people and journalist with agendas who hope asian gonna follow their stupid footsteps.

Last edited:
Top Bottom