• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Is knowing the actor for a character immersion breaking? (Troy Baker)

Braag

No more than seeing the same famous actor in tons of movies.
I do hate it when they completely copy a character from another game the voice actor played and tell him to "do that". I feel like Nolan North for example played Nathan Drake in more games than just Uncharted.
Great voice actors have range. Troy Baker or Nolan North which get accused the most of being in too many games., but I fault the developers for forcing them to "do that same voice you made in that another famous game you were in". Let them use their range more.

Last edited:

driqe

Aaron Paul He Cant Keep Getting Away With This GIF by Breaking Bad

Last edited:

kiphalfton

Yes, knowing the actor is immersion breaking for me.

For example, I LOVE the TV series The Expanse. But then I go on YouTube and there are videos where the cast sit around and talk about their experiences making the show - I avoid these like the plague!

James Holden and Amos Burton are some of my favorite characters. I don't wanna be reminded that they are actually Steven Straight and Wes Chatham. I prefer to think that right now Holden and Amos are off having some adventure out in The Belt right now.

I don't wanna know the actors or anything about them.

Yeah... if the actor is a twat (for whatever reason) IRL it's off-putting.

Voice actors no but when they portray a famous person visually in a game it removes the mystique of the character imo. Norman Reedus for example in Death Stranding. It pulls you out the world and mainly I just see the plot as a movie but eh maybe that's was the direction they was going for. Now if it's a game based on a movie then it's perfectly fine to get the actors who played the characters in the game.

Top Bottom