• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Instinction - Trailer

IbizaPocholo

NeoGAFs Kent Brockman

Instinction by Hashbane is a narratively driven action-adventure game. In this World Premiere trailer you can get a first look at the terrifyingly immersive combat and exploration in multiple awe-inspiring locations. Instinction will have an initial release on PC and subsequent releases on PS4+5 and Xbox Series X+S. Google Stadia and Nintendo Switch versions are also being considered.

Last edited:

IbizaPocholo

NeoGAFs Kent Brockman

Whatever Instinction ends up being, it's impossible to ignore the appetite for this sort of game at this point. With Turok and Dino Crisis seemingly stuck in an ice age of their own, it's a huge untapped market that will absolutely reward the first developer that can come through with a satisfying game that does the things it needs to do to activate the Dino Crisis audience and please modern gaming sensibilities at the same time.

The fact that Capcom has left that door open for so long without walking through it themselves is to their own detriment, and it's money that they could clearly be making right now, but perhaps it's best left in the hands of somebody else with fresher ideas. Perhaps the spirit of Dino Crisis is better off being imitated and evolved upon by a newer studio rather than bottled up in the same IP with all of the sky-high expectations that would involve. Perhaps Instinction just might be the Dino Crisis game we’ve been waiting for.

Phase

God I hope this turns out to be good. Anyway...

Hype Train!

Dance GIF

Last edited:

jigglet

Banned
What a rollercoaster for me.

1) Saw "dinosaurs", hype went to 100.
2) Saw "zombies", hype went to 0.
3) Saw zombies is just a mode, hype went back to 100.
4) Saw it was some sort of horror game, hype went to negative 100.

Years ago Ubisoft did a poll for their next Farcry and dinosaurs was on the list. That got me so excited. An open world world that wasn't about dinosaurs per se, they just happened to be walking around. No zombie dinosaurs. No fictional dinosaurs (aka Ark). Just a cool open world with dinosaurs that you could see in all their glory.

STARSBarry

Gold Member
I'm sorry but it looks like one of those store bought asset games outside of the premises cutscene animations, I think iv seen those walk and crouch animations before, and there are a slew of high-quality Dino models on the stores these days even with animation sets.

Looks like Dino Crisis meets Death Stranding + Crysis with worse graphics.

Edit: That Little Lizard looked nice.

Last edited:

Crocwrangler

Neo Member
Looks nice but i sincerely hope enemies won't just be limited to prehistoric creatures. Especially if guns are the main weapon against those.

My favorite game of all time is Peter Jackson's King Kong and this is probably one of the best dino survival adventure games there is. You were a prey, armed with a handful of old guns with 3 bullets in the clip and facing prehistoric horrors of all kind. This looks more like 2008's Turok (that i loved too) but which had balance between dinos and humans. Instinction seems to aime between this and Dino Stalker/Jurassic the Hunted in terms of gameplay and even though i'm excited for it, i fear gameplay to be bland as hell except for the few corridor passageways like the one at the end of the trailer.

A good variety in enemy types and attacks is what makes a survival game interesting. If everything jumps on you, no matter if sabertooth cat or dromeosaurid, you've got no need to adapt your strategy or even switch weapons.

dd492941

But is it best butts of gaming?... kidding aside, I want a good survival dino game that's better than the terribly unplayable(imo) ui nightmare that ark is so I'm on board if it is a good game.

Top Bottom