• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Infinity Ward Expanding (again) with new studio in Texas, working on "state of the art tech" to power new Call of Duty's

Represent.

Represent(ative) of bad opinions

When you read between the lines, it sounds to me like they are working on a brand new engine.

What else does:
“The studio will work on creating new and innovative experiences for Call of Duty and create state of the art technology to power them.
mean?

Hopefully, a brand new engine moving forward. MS, put your fucking money up.

Last edited:

splattered

This actually excites me... Hope they do cook up a new engine and it's actually good. More destruction as others have said. I think some of the weather effects in bf 2042 are actually kinda cool. Not that they need to be in cod but I would like more innovation to the series in general.

When they care enough to fix that atrocious, hulu plus-like MWII multiplayer ui, then I'll take their "we'll improve the Gfx tech for cod" for granted. Until then, get to work on fixing those issues you lazy fucks, you've got that Microsoft funding now, use it.

Last edited:

clarky

Gold Member
When they care enough to fix that atrocious, hulu plus-like MWII multiplayer ui, then I'll take their "we'll improve the Gfx tech for cod" for granted. Until then, get to work on fixing those issues you lazy fucks, you've got that Microsoft funding now, use it.

Devs churns out a AAA game once every 3 years.

Pretty sure anyone would be hard pressed to call them lazy.

If you dont like the ui, maybe a stretch to say incompetent or something lazy is one thing they most certainly not.

(yes i think the ui sucks btw)

Last edited:

Darsxx82

It is the third Studio that Activision creates/acquires in the last year. From the description it is clear that They are looking for a turning point.
It can be the jump to new technology, new gaming experience or new genere (rumor of a COD RPG) or even everything at once.

What is clear is that Activision's loyalty to the COD franchise does not seem to be slowing down in the medium and long term.

PS. On the other hand, in an ideal world, these 3 adquisitions/new supporting Studios would hopefully have their reason in freeing historical Studios and giving them their own projects or recovering frozen franchises.

Hopefully we'll get new fish A.I.

But seriously I just wish CoD would go back to military theming. MW 2019 was a decent start but it's clearly regressing back downhill, especially in the campaign.

It's more of a gun game than a military game now unfortunately. We have all of these awesome guns with unbelievable reload animations, yet I'm shooting fat black women and glowing tree people that look like Groot.

Like what the fuck. They would sell nearly double if they just went tall in on soldiers.

Last edited:

But seriously I just wish CoD would go back to military theming. MW 2019 was a decent start but it's clearly regressing back downhill, especially in the campaign.

It's more of a gun game than a military game now unfortunately. We have all of these awesome guns with unbelievable reload animations, yet I'm shooting fat black women and glowing tree people that look like Groot.

Like what the fuck. They would sell nearly double if they just went tall in on soldiers.
Totally agree.

Maybe Infinity Ward COD games should stick to having a more serious tone both in the campaign and multiplayer (customization tailored to real life kits and realistic camo colors) while COD games from other studios can continue letting people play as androgynous soldiers with hot pink uniforms and robotic limbs.

Valt7786

100% with this.
I loved MW2019, Even loved MW22 at the start, but once it started devolving into fortnite nonsense I couldn't stand it. The footballers at the start were stupid but at least they were "tacticool'd" up, having nicki minaj and a fucking tree running around is just...I was out.

season 5 episode 10 GIF by SpongeBob SquarePants

100% with this.
I loved MW2019, Even loved MW22 at the start, but once it started devolving into fortnite nonsense I couldn't stand it. The footballers at the start were stupid but at least they were "tacticool'd" up, having nicki minaj and a fucking tree running around is just...I was out.
Other than the first couple months, I didn't play MW2 for it's entire life cycle. When it came out I was already at the point where I'll never buy one of their games myself ever again. So luckily I got it as a birthday gift.

But for some reason I've been drawn back in recently. I started playing Hardcore domination. Which actually rewards slower movement around the map. And I'm having a decent time.

I hate what they've done to the cosmetics of course but because I have Insurgency Sandstorm and Hell Let Loose, I finally, truly do not care any more what CoD looks like and I just play it for the guns and to fuck off.

Still, I wish it just looked like CoD 4 with these updated gun animations. It would look borderline real at that point.

Audiophile

Gold Member
Yup, all the lairy outfits and animated lava camo guns have totally undermined the tone of MW. The 2019 outing for all its issues really felt like it was on the right track and I was excited to see it evolve. Then the UI/UX got all Hulu'd up, the cosmetics got silly. The entirety of MWII and seemingly now this feels like it was all made by a marketing team with zero thoughts to long term prospects. I'm also peeved about how the whole Night Vision side of multiplayer got side-lined.

I really hope that this franchise gets a real kick up the arse: new tech, new UI/UX, something more integrated and built from the ground up for current gen only. But, I'm not expecting much...

The whole storefront for cosmetic stuff is hideous. I'd be ok with paying a little for some cool items, but forcing you to buy bundles, not to mention the absurd pricing and the peculiar rotation/visibility of content. There should be a complete storefront with all items available individually and bundles should only be a discount/marketing opportunity; I wouldn't be surprised if this paired with a 50% cut in prices would actually encourage more engagement, purchases and revenue in the long run. I'm not paying $20 for a bundle to get the one gun skin I want, followed by a gun skin I don't want, character skins I'm not interested in and some tackie charms. But I'd probably be inclined to spend $2 ten times over for really good, specific gun/blue prints.

Random sidenote: I'd like to see a gunsmith system function more like this (akin to the original plans for MWII before they scrapped it):

There are weapon "Parts" & weapon "Attachments". Changing a necessary weapon part from default to custom shouldn't take attachment slots. If I choose .458 SOCOM round, I don't get why that should take an attachment slot, the trade off of power vs capacity has already been made. A magazine has to be there, a barrel has to be there, I need ammo in my gun, why is choosing what fills that space stopping me from attaching something else? Attachments should be added, while Parts should just be changeable.

MCplayer

well modern warfare 2019 and modern warfare 2022 were graphically the best out of any COD, infinity ward I believe are the best in doing COD, so I expect nothing less than the most advanced technologically from their next games.

clarky

Gold Member
100% with this.
A "nonsense skins off toggle" would hurt no-one.

BlueLyria

Can we get better game designers and leads first? Pretty please? As stated, a no skin toggle toggle too and possibly a way to have the game be less than 100 gigs with another 100 gigs of useless things (Warzone and shop skins)

WitchHunter

Banned
The overoptimization resulted in an empty husk, that from a very far distance resembles a game, but as you get closer and closer you literally see... nothing, just empty air. And yet, people buy the canned air. It's miraculous.

Top Bottom