• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Indika - Release Date Trailer

Jinzo Prime

The twist is she's crazy and he doesn't exist. The game is about how religion is oppressive, unnatural, and makes you lose touch with reality. There, saved you some money.

IbizaPocholo

NeoGAFs Kent Brockman

The release day is upon us! Grab your rosaries and pray to God that you shall not be deceived.

Play a third-person, story-driven game set in alternative Russia at the turn of the XIX century where religious visions clash with harsh reality. INDIKA tells the story of a young nun who sets off on a journey of self-discovery with the most unusual companion by her side, the devil himself.

Watched a streamer play this yesterday and I loved what I saw. Very unorthodox (pun intended) gameplay and narrative. Had to stop watching because I didn't want to spoil the entire thing.

IbizaPocholo

NeoGAFs Kent Brockman

Talking about my experiences with bizarre narrative title, Indika, where we play as nun on a journey of self discovery in an alternative 19th century Russia.

Timestamps
00:00 Intro
00:57 Overview
01:56 Technical State
02:22 Story Set Up & Thoughts
05:22 Gameplay and General Info
07:12 Steam Deck
07:40 Thoughts & Conclusion
10:05 Wrap Up

Bartski

Gold Member
79 on metacritic, steam average very positive. "A subversive self-endeavourus multi-meta-layered nun-perspective conscience-driven action answer seeker" lmao, sounds about right.
I'll play it at some point, Xbox version comes next week

TheStam

The demo was really cool. Talk about atmospheric and original. Graphics were really good as well. I think I'll buy it tonight.

Last edited:

BadBurger

Is 'That Pure Potato'
This is weeeeeird yo, but I am digging it big time. I love surreal fiction like this, right up my alley. The voice acting and narration are top tier so far.

This is the first game I have ever used the Steam Link app on my Apple 4K TV to stream from Steam on my PC to my 4K living room TV. With the resolution at 4K, ultra settings, and DLSS on auto, this game looks amazing and runs 58 - 60 fps. Even the surround sound is working and sounds good.

Really glad I decided to give this a shot after seeing Gamers™ complaining about it and getting made fun of on Reddit. I knew it would be well worth ~$23.

Arsic

Loves his juicy stink trail scent
"Essentially a walking simulator"

So bargain bin.
I’m confused AF. The trailer states it isn’t that.

Others aren’t able to pin down the play either without word diarrhea to describe it.

So what is it?

The twist is she's crazy and he doesn't exist. The game is about how religion is oppressive, unnatural, and makes you lose touch with reality. There, saved you some money.
Even if this is just pure speculation and guesswork, dude.. Not cool. Don't do that.

Last edited:

Filben

Some shitty Russia. Game. Nope.
I know it’s not fair but I am not in a mood for ru games :p
Contrary to Atomic Heart developer Mundfish they at least voiced their protest against Russia's aggressive war:

You’re living in some kind of nightmare, something happened that should have never happened. The Russian Orthodox church is one of the weapons of Russian propaganda. From the church, they said to people, ‘You should go to Ukraine and kill them, to die for your country.’ Can you believe it? A church — a Christian church.
After this announcement and my statements, it’s better not to come back [to Russia]. Many people have said, when I show them my statements, that I’m crazy — because I’ve already spoken about things that are against a few laws, the most dangerous of which is being a traitor of the homeland. It could cost you 20 years in prison.
When the game is released, Odd Meter will donate “part of the revenue” to children impacted by the war in Ukraine

Top Bottom