• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Inarius and Litlith are now in Cod Warzone and they look completely out of place

Kupfer

What a fucking clown show.
After hundreds of hours I stopped playing Warzone / CoD franchise in general when Rambo and John McClane found their way into the game. I know the new CoD formula never claimed to be a tactical military shooter, but now the whole franchise is just silly. I wonder which adult doesn't feel stupid playing such nonsense.

Duchess

Wouldn't it be funny if, after Microsoft having spent so much money on it, Call of Duty falls out of favour with gamers, who move over to stuff like XDefiant.

Mephisto40

It's only a matter of time before this game goes completely free to play and the store is going to be peppered with stupid stuff like this

It looks goofy af, but if these skins sell....

I've seen some YT vids about the hitboxes. Apparently they're the same hitbox as regular players despite the model being a lot bigger. Must make it hard to shoot them correctly.

This sounds pay to win lol.

Drizzlehell

Banned
Remember when this was just a meme?

maxresdefault.jpg

Robb

Gold Member
To me it just feels like they’re devaluing both Diablo and CoD with this stuff, but what do I know. I guess it sells and that’s all they care about.

SmokedMeat

Gamer™
This would’ve fit in Fortnite because of the cartoony makeovers, and enormous cast of oddball characters.

On CoD it looks ridiculous. If anything I think it would make more sense to do a couple Diablo themed maps and make them part of the season pass. I mean, the military aspect left the building ages ago.

Dorfdad

Gold Member
Wouldn't it be funny if, after Microsoft having spent so much money on it, Call of Duty falls out of favour with gamers, who move over to stuff like XDefiant.
My exact thoughts it won’t happen but certainly will be a success imho it’s got a lot going for it

Mythoclast

It’s amazing. I love when games mix pop culture and dont take themselves so seriously. Remember I had a Jigsaw skim before.

Yeah....

That's what is ruining the immersion in CoD.

Just embrace it.

Celebrate Snoop Dogg GIF by Call of Duty

To me it just feels like they’re devaluing both Diablo and CoD with this stuff, but what do I know. I guess it sells and that’s all they care about.

Think it does more to devalue Diablo than CoD. It seems like just another goofy looking thing in CoD that goes along with all the other goofy stuff in the game already. Whereas with Diablo...like this is the big baddey and it just looks so stupid and cheaply done outside of it's intended setting. If you ignore it, it changes nothing. But I could see why it would annoy fans of Diablo.

Last edited:

BWJinxing

Some suggestions they can do next:

Marcus and Cole from GoW
Master Chief
Blinx the time cat
Cortana
Conker from Conkers Bad Fur Day
Banjo and Kazooie
...Todd Howard

//DEVIL//

I really like Lilith

I will also buy the fuck of Halo MC if it ever gets released. its nice to have variety and not just the same soldiers under different skins.

They'd never give us that option because they're so fucking greedy. They know human behavior will see more people buying those skins simply by seeing other players with them. There's a subconscious desire to fit in that none of us are completely exempt from and the publishers know it. Every aspect of games today us designed to encourage microtransactions. Same idea behind commercials.

So it's here to stay. Sucks man. Last thing I wanna see playing Gears of War 5 is some asshole looking like fucking Sara Connor or Terminator while carrying a multicolored "pride" shotgun.
All these games that we've enjoyed and been immersed in for the past 15-20 years are like this now: Halo, BF, COD, Gears etc.

Actually, it's way worse than this- CrossPlay is now shoved down our throats in these games in hopes of driving up player numbers to sell more battle passes. So console gamers who used to be able to enjoy these games with a fair and even playingfield now have to go up against PC players on mouse and keyboard and have to deal with PC cheaters.

I'd it any wonder so many people are unhappy with multiplayer these days? Any wonder these games are literally dying?
Competitive Halo is dominated by controller players, not M+KB.

Controller is better for some multiplayer because of aim assist and other reasons.

coffinbirth

Buying character skins in a FPS is shocking. Buying skins that look like that in what once was a military shooter defies all logic. Too many kiddos and teenagers with mommy's credit card these days.
To be fair, there WAS a 3rd person perspective option in MW2 and Warzone 2.0...until they removed it. So yeah, it's a little silly now.

That being said, I bought Skeletor with 0 regrets. Shit is hilarious.

Why do trailers always show the character running around with hundreds of bullets when the actual game has you dead within a fraction of a second after being spotted?

Also, would anyone actually use a neon pink glowing skin? Everyone paid good money for that all black skin back when I played this game.

Last edited:

RJMacready73

Simps for Amouranth
i will never understand the appeal of shit like this. ever
You're obviously not the father of a gamer kid, these things are like digital cocaine for kids, when my wee lad played fornite he would constantly buy skins when I give him vbucks, now that he's older and moved on COD he now see the money he wasted on Fortnite and refuses to buy this shit, but other kids... They hoover it up and no doubt the numbers tell Activision to keep doubling down on it.

It's beyond stupid that they're introducing these type of characters into a semi realistic shooter

In other news: water is wet.

Considering how much Warzone has been trying to mimick Fortnite in terms of "what kind of insane/outlandish/clown skins can we push out?", nobody should be honestly surprised.

STARSBarry

Gold Member
You know it took me until this shitty promotion to realise that I played a game called Diablo and all I fought was some lame ass girl boss replacement.

You're obviously not the father of a gamer kid, these things are like digital cocaine for kids, when my wee lad played fornite he would constantly buy skins when I give him vbucks, now that he's older and moved on COD he now see the money he wasted on Fortnite and refuses to buy this shit, but other kids... They hoover it up and no doubt the numbers tell Activision to keep doubling down on it.

It's beyond stupid that they're introducing these type of characters into a semi realistic shooter
I hate to break it to you but Call of Duty has not been about realism, ever since, I wanna say, Call of Duty 4?

Okay, not counting in Cod WW2 and its BOOTS ON DA GROUND selling point but in recent years, the series focus has always been on arcadey, low TTK frentic action.

Wanna play realistic shooters? This aint one, chief.

RJMacready73

Simps for Amouranth
I hate to break it to you but Call of Duty has not been about realism, ever since, I wanna say, Call of Duty 4?

Okay, not counting in Cod WW2 and its BOOTS ON DA GROUND selling point but in recent years, the series focus has always been on arcadey, low TTK frentic action.

Wanna play realistic shooters? This aint one, chief.
I did say semi lad, I know they're not realistic shooters but you know what I mean, lillth does not belong in a COD games ffs same with those stupid fucking rappers

Top Bottom