• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

IMDB Top 10 Worst 10

Status
Not open for further replies.

Pattergen

Top Ten

1 Godfather, The (1972) 9.0/10 (96356 votes)
2 Shawshank Redemption, The (1994) 8.9/10 (119239 votes)
3 Lord of the Rings: The Return of the King, The (2003) 8.8/10 (64705 votes)
4 Godfather: Part II, The (1974) 8.8/10 (57010 votes)
5 Shichinin no samurai (Seven Samurai) (1954) 8.7/10 (24270 votes)
6 Schindler's List (1993) 8.7/10 (81496 votes)
7 Lord of the Rings: The Two Towers, The (2002) 8.7/10 (86792 votes)
8 Casablanca (1942) 8.7/10 (55198 votes)
9 Lord of the Rings: The Fellowship of the Ring, The (2001) 8.7/10 (129079 votes)
10 Star Wars (1977) 8.7/10 (113561 votes)

Worst Ten

1 You Got Served (2004) 1.6 (3177 votes)
2 'Manos' the Hands of Fate (1966) 1.6 (6035 votes)
3 Future War (1997) 1.6 (1051 votes)
4 Space Mutiny (1988) 1.7 (1375 votes)
5 From Justin to Kelly (2003) 1.7 (4644 votes)
6 Eegah (1962) 1.7 (907 votes)
7 Backyard Dogs (2000) 1.8 (1038 votes)
8 Night Train to Mundo Fine (1966) 1.8 (817 votes)
9 Hobgoblins (1987) 1.8 (1639 votes)
10 Troll 2 (1990) 1.8 (1411 votes)

Pretty funny that the worst movie ever is getting a sequel. 10 bucks says that the sequel to the worst movie ever tops itself on the worst movie ever list.

I agree somewhat with the top ten. ROTK might not be that high on there because of the horrendously long ending (yes yes yes please the fans...). It is a strange phenomenon, those LOTRs flicks. It'll be interesting to see how they will change the tides of hollywood. Lot's of trilogy/series flicks popping up now.

Guzim

People just voted Gigli, From Justin to Kelly, and You Got Served because it's the 'cool' thing to do.

Rlan

I've watched the whole Godfather Trilogy this weekend, I really quite liked Godfather 1 & 3, but I need to watch Part 2 again, I got pretty confused until the middle, and overall didn't seem THAT good. I don't really see why Part 3 gets trashed.

Pattergen

Gigli is number 15. But I do agree that a lot of the voting is skewed by current trends/media buzz. But I have seen all of those flicks minus a couple, and they more or less deserve the place they are given. You Got Served obviously isn't the worst movie ever made, but I for one would put it close enough to that spot. Wasn't even good for laughs.

BTW, I'd rather punch myself in the sack for the full hour and a half that From Justin to Kelly stole from me. It is that bad.

Yeah, number 5 is Seven Samurai. I'll edit the list.

Socreges

Banned
As much as I love LOTR and Star Wars, none of them belong in the Top Ten. Too many fucking fantasy fruits at IMDB!

I'm amazed that The Shawshank Redemption is so high. Especially with so many votes. I think it's a wonderful film and deserving of that acclaim, but I just had no idea so many people felt the same way.

Boogie9IGN

Rlan said:
I've watched the whole Godfather Trilogy this weekend, I really quite liked Godfather 1 & 3, but I need to watch Part 2 again, I got pretty confused until the middle, and overall didn't seem THAT good. I don't really see why Part 3 gets trashed.

Part II shows the rise of Vito and moral decline of Michael. Some parts are a bit a boorish and some parts are alot better than part I but it's still nevertheless absolutely great, especially the Lake Tahoe boat scene.
Part III gets trashed on because of Sofia Coppola and Andy Garcia's acting. I personally didn't see anything wrong with it except for the 'cousin kitchen' scene, but yeah.

I agree with most of that list, except for TTT > FotR. I have no idea what they were smoking when they made voted that, but it must've been some pretty serious shit.

Pattergen

Matlock said:
Nice av, Patter.

7.8 on the vote meter, but not enough votes to make top 250. :p

DrForester said:
4 (maybe 5) of those bottom top 10 are MST3K episodes, Manos, Eegah, Space Mutiny and Hobgoblins

Why else would someone watch such terrible movies?
blabla.gif

I just watched Battlefield Earth last weekend, havent seen it never before.

If it was made tongue-in-cheek, it was quite fun. If not, one the worst movies I have ever seen. I loved when they got the gold from Fort Knox and gave it to Travolta..."you smelt it?" "oh okay, its ok"....lmao.

Guzim

DrForester said:
4 (maybe 5) of those bottom top 10 are MST3K episodes, Manos, Eegah, Space Mutiny and Hobgoblins
Future War and Night Train to Mundo Fine.

I remember IMDB had a really strict standard for moves making the 100 worst movies list, and you would only see movies from MST3K on it.

sprsk

force push the doodoo rock
That list is so geek-skewed.

lord of the rings in the top 10 movies of all time? riiiiiight.

Bregor

It's nice to see the LotR films get such recognition from IMDB voters. Those who complain should remember that it's their opinion and they are entitled to express it.

Shinobi

Socreges said:
As much as I love LOTR and Star Wars, none of them belong in the Top Ten. Too many fucking fantasy fruits at IMDB!

Word...except I merely liked Star Wars and couldn't give a shit about LOTR.

But who cares...my top ten list is mostly action flicks, which many others would look down upon. Each to his own.

MIMIC

Banned
I saw "From Justin To Kelly" a few days ago on HBO or Showtime (I can't remember which). I HAD to change the channel because it IS a pretty awful movie...I only saw like 10 or 15 minutes of it.

human5892

Queen of Denmark
That is the absolute worst top ten movie list I have ever seen. Star Wars doesn't even belong in the top 100, as far as I'm concerned, and most of the others could easily be supplanted with far better movies.

jett

D-Member
The LOTR trilogy is too high up. RotK better than the Godfather Part II? FUCK NO. Fucking tolkiengroupies.

MIMIC

Banned
jett said:
The LOTR trilogy is too high up. RotK better than the Godfather Part II? FUCK NO. Fucking tolkiengroupies.

I've never read a Tolkien book and I caught "Fellowship of the Ring" and "The Two Towers" back-to-back on a Starz marathon the week "Return of the King" debuted...then, I went to see "Return of the King."

IMO, the first two movies were pearls of cinematic brilliance and the trilogy culminated in a painstakingly orchestrated visual of motion picture genius.

Best movies I've ever seen.

Hournda

Both IMDB's greatest strength and weakness is the fact that everything is user submitted. Thus, you have stuff like Shawshank Redemption is #2 movie of all time and all 3 LOTR movies in the top 10.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom