• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

IGN: 28 Big Xbox Games Coming in 2020

nani17

are in a big trouble
Here they are. Green are for the exclusive titles

Dragon Ball Z: Kakarot - January 17th
Journey to the savage planet - Jan 28th
Darsiders Genesis FEB 14
Ori and the Will Of Wisps - MAR 11th (Xbox one PC)
Doom Eternal - March
Bleeding Edge - March (Xbox one PC)
Disintegration - Q1/ early Q2
Dying Light 2 - Spring 2020
Minecraft Dungeons - April 2020
Resident Evil 3 Remake - April 3rd
Grounded (Xbox one,PC)
CyberPunk 2077
Marvel's Avengers May 15th
Wasteland 3 may 19th
Vampire: Bloodlines 2 - Q2-Q4
Outriders Summer 2020
Halo Infinite - Holiday 2020(Xbox series X, Xbox one, PC)
Carrion - 2020
Crossfire X - 2020 (Xbox one)
Kerbal Space Program 2 - 2020
Lego Star Wars Rise Of Skywalker - 2020
Microsoft Flight Simulator 2020 (Xbox One,PC)
Psychonauts 2 - 2020
Sponge Bob Sqaurepants - 2020
System Shock Remastered - 2020
Tales of Arise
The Wolf Among us 2 - 2020

Last edited:

Birdo

Banned
No Forza Motorsport? It's proabably the most obvious, since T10 recently said that they have the game already up and running.

EverydayBeast

thinks Halo Infinite is a new graphical benchmark
C'mon these should have dropped today, I think 2019 holiday season is being neglected!!

ethomaz

Banned

Darsiders Genesis FEB 14
Doom Eternal - March
Grounded (Xbox one,PC)
CyberPunk 2077
Wasteland 3 may 19th
Outriders Summer 2020 (Xbox,PC)
Carrion - 2020
Psychonauts 2 - 2020
Tales of Arise
I thought it was 20 games that the new studios are working to launch in 2020 for the Xbox Series X.

No Forza Motorsport? It's proabably the most obvious, since T10 recently said that they have the game already up and running.
E3 will most likely megaton reveal many more releases. Everyone saw how impactful a well kept secret is..for example the suprise launch of Apex Legends and the bombshell reveal of Xbox Series X just to name a few.

nani17

are in a big trouble
E3 will most likely megaton reveal many more releases. Everyone saw how impactful a well kept secret is..for example the suprise launch of Apex Legends and the bombshell reveal of Xbox Series X just to name a few.

I hope so the Xbox One wasn't that great for me. Very disappointed in it

Mista

Banned
7 exclusives out of the 28 and they call it “Big XBOX games” .. You don’t get to call it that if not the whole 28 are exclusives. I’m sure they smell shoes over at IGN..

but this e3 mostly are on high doubt due performance of this year...technically Sony will join it? or Nintendo will try to save it...i dont know wat will happen in e3 future even Sony will announce there or just will announce its gamescom than e3?

Last edited:
but this e3 mostly are on high doubt due performance of this year...technically Sony will join it? or Nintendo will try to save it...i dont know wat will happen in e3 future even Sony will announce there or just will announce its gamescom than e3?
Thats very true. good point!

Mista

Banned
To be honest E3 is the biggest gaming convention so anyone announcing anything in Gamescom and not E3 is very dump. If Sony will host its own reveal conference then thats alright

nani17

are in a big trouble
Aren't Grounded and Wasteland 3 exclusives?
Also FM8 very likely on launch.

Yes I wrote xbox next to Grounded but forgot to make it green. As for Wasteland 3 it says in the video and on Google its coming out for ps4 and pc. FM8 more than likely will be a lunch title but its hasn't been announced

Vawn

Banned

Grounded (Xbox one,PC)
Outriders Summer 2020 (Xbox,PC
)
Microsoft Flight Simulator 2020 (Xbox One,PC

Ugh. Maybe 2021 will be better.

I do want Ori. But I think I'll wait for Switch.

Ar¢tos

It's hard to get excited for E3, even on console launch years nowadays... remember Deep Down?

D

Deleted member 471617

Unconfirmed Member

Darsiders Genesis FEB 14
Doom Eternal - March
Grounded (Xbox one,PC)
CyberPunk 2077
Wasteland 3 may 19th
Outriders Summer 2020 (Xbox,PC)
Carrion - 2020
Psychonauts 2 - 2020
Tales of Arise

For me -
- Darksiders Genesis
- Doom Eternal
- Dying Light 2 *
- REmake3
- Cyberpunk 2077 *
- Avengers
- Wasteland 3
- Halo Infinite *

* = Will wait for their Next Gen/Cross Gen ports.

Also, pretty sure Outriders is NOT an Xbox One exclusive.

D

Deleted member 471617

Unconfirmed Member
Aren't Grounded and Wasteland 3 exclusives?
Also FM8 very likely on launch.

Wasteland 3 is being published by THQ Nordic via Deep Silver and is a multi-platform title. Funny how Microsoft acquired Double Fine and acquired the rights to publish Psychonauts 2 for $12m but didn't get the publishing rights for The Outer Worlds or Wasteland 3. Either Microsoft didn't attempt it or it would have cost too much money.

EDIT:

Does IGN have it as an exclusive or did the TC make a mistake?

Last edited by a moderator:
D

Deleted member 471617

Unconfirmed Member
The IGN vid only lists Xbox One and PC

Wow. Just wow.

Speaking of cross gen ports, do we think it would/could be a single package that contains both versions?

Like brap said, why would publishers choose to lose money? At best, I can see a $10 upgrade like in 2013. For example, if you bought the PS3 version of Black Flag, you could upgrade to the PS4 version for a $10 fee which would make it $70 in NA for two versions of the game. Will be surprised if Ubisoft or any publisher does that this time around though.

Naked Lunch

Its all about Halo. Still the undisputed king of FPS. The newly relaunched Master Chief Collection is amazing but its been so long since the last new entry - five years. That is the longest span between mainline titles yet. We Halo fans are starving for the new fix.

sol_bad

Don't see why they would choose to lose money.
Wow. Just wow.

Like brap said, why would publishers choose to lose money? At best, I can see a $10 upgrade like in 2013. For example, if you bought the PS3 version of Black Flag, you could upgrade to the PS4 version for a $10 fee which would make it $70 in NA for two versions of the game. Will be surprised if Ubisoft or any publisher does that this time around though.

Maybe I'm wrong, but when you buy Xbox games, don't you also get the PC version? So you buy Sea of Thieves on XBX, you also get the PC version?

Kagey K

Banned
Maybe I'm wrong, but when you buy Xbox games, don't you also get the PC version? So you buy Sea of Thieves on XBX, you also get the PC version?
Yes you do, and last gen they did stuff like if you bought CoD Ghosts digitally on Xbox 360 you got the XB1 version for free. Same with Castle Crashers.

Others did a paid upgrade. If you owned the previous gen game you could buy the upgrade for 5.00, others did the buy it on last gen and but it on next gen for full price and we will migrate your account over.

It’s going to be interesting to see which approach wins going into next gen. I think I can predict which one is going to be more popular, but I’m not going to say ,so I don’t taint the pool.

Last edited:

sol_bad

Yes you do, and last gen they did stuff like if you bought CoD Ghosts digitally on Xbox 360 you got the XB1 version for free. Same with Castle Crashers.

Others did a paid upgrade. If you owned the previous gen game you could buy the upgrade for 5.00, others did the buy it on last gen and but it on next gen for full price and we will migrate your account over.

It’s going to be interesting to see which approach wins going into next gen. I think I can predict which one is going to be more popular, but I’m not going to say ,so I don’t taint the pool.

Aren't consoles this generation and next generation running in similar and compatible hardware? IMO, if yes, it's similar to upgrading your PC where porting isn't required, it just works. Sony and MS could put all the data on 1 disk and the console decides which data it needs.

Also, what the hell is Disintigration?

*EDIT*
Is the music for Outriders by Trent Reznor?
Good to see another sexy short hair'd woman.....

Last edited:

Grinchy

Banned
I thought it was 20 games that the new studios are working to launch in 2020 for the Xbox Series X.
Yeah, that's why "gaming journalism" sucks.

That list has some strong exclusives. There would have been nothing wrong with an article written with the title, "Six confirmed major Xbox Exclusives for 2020" or something like that.

Writing it this way just makes it sound like a paid sponsorship.

Top Bottom