• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

If you were limited to eating just one meat-animal for the rest of your life...

Which animal (parentheticals are just examples, not exhaustive)?

• Pig (pork, bacon, cured ham, ribs)

Votes: 11 7.8%
  • Cow (ground beef, steak, ribs)

Votes: 46 32.6%
  • Sheep (lamb chops, mutton, shank)

Votes: 9 6.4%
  • Poultry (chicken breast, turkey drumsticks, duck)

Votes: 50 35.5%
  • Crustacean (lobster, crab, shrimp)

Votes: 1 0.7%
  • Oily fish (salmon, sardines, mackerel)

Votes: 8 5.7%
  • White fish (bass, perch, cod)

Votes: 4 2.8%
  • Deer / elk / caribou (and other large-game meat)

Votes: 4 2.8%
  • Soy

Votes: 5 3.5%
  • Other (specify below)

Votes: 3 2.1%

• Total voters

Nester99

So GAF, I recently took up raising rabbits. I didn't know it before this year, but apparently rabbit is one of the best meats you can eat. I guess I'm going to find out in a few months, and hopefully it's as good I'm told!

I just watch a doc on giant rabbits.
Please tell me raise the huge ones, if not I say go for it and post pics on gaf!

TindalosPup

I picked poultry because eggs would technically be limited to poultry. Right?

I love eggs, I can't live without eggs

Plus different poultry has different flavors (most of which I have yet to try anyway)

I remember planting trees in this guy's yard a couple years back and he was smoking duck outside, and it smelt like bacon

Tesseract

Banned
Man, I can't believe OP forgot whale.
RedBoldGrackle-max-1mb.gif

TindalosPup

Thinking about it further, the pork option reminded me of that Invader Zim episode where Dib gets Gaz possed by a weird pig demon and everything she eats tastes like pork

172927.jpg

So GAF, I recently took up raising rabbits. I didn't know it before this year, but apparently rabbit is one of the best meats you can eat. I guess I'm going to find out in a few months, and hopefully it's as good I'm told!

They have almost no fat content. That can be a health issue if this is your primary source of meat.

StormCell

They have almost no fat content. That can be a health issue if this is your primary source of meat.

Yeah, it can't be the only meat we eat. I figure it's as lean, maybe even more lean, than venison.

If I'm being realistic about this poll, fish is probably the best option up there in terms of healthy fats and good protein. Chicken is good too.

Last edited:

Kamina

Golden Boy
I’d have to go with cow.

Miced meat for spaghetti sauce
Hambugers
Steaks
Gulasch
Filled dumplings

M1chl

Currently Gif and Meme Champion
I would have to go with Pig, because my body needs Pig meat for proteins, because they are somewhat different/better for my liver feeding. Base on taste, Chicken all the way.
soy is pretty versatile though...
Are you identify as Gender Fluid?

But how you gonna kill them?
I like meat and shit, but I don't really want to know the process of how it's made.
Rabbit%20860x500.jpeg

I don't envy what you will have to do.

Ikutachi

Poultry if it has a loophole for access to eggs and cow if not. Pig is third. I'd be miserable with fish because we can't eat much of them due to mercury.

lachesis

Pork. Definitely. So much you can do with pork - even more so than Chicken.
As far as chicken is concerned, I would miss Fried Chicken the most, but not much else.
Beef... I can go very very long time without eating beef actually.

Durask

Voted beef but it was a tough choice between that and poultry.
Also for poultry do you pick just one or can you eat all the birds, if that;s the case then poultry since turkey and chicken complement each other, turkey burgers and bacon are decent substitutes for the real thing.

Last edited:
D

Deleted member 17706

Unconfirmed Member
Hard to choose, but I don’t want a life without steaks, so I’ll go with beef.

Weiji

Banned
I was so tempted to go with crustaceans. God I love king crab. If I can only eat one thing is it at least free?

Droxcy

Cow 100% I love steak...chicken is a top contender due to the many styles and flavors you can give it.

I'd have to go with oily fish, I think. I eat too many sardines not too. I'd hope I could get non-farmed Salmon though. If that's part of the deal, I'm definitely going oily fish.

Roronoa Zoro

Gold Member
Chicken. So many sauces work so well with it. It can be prepared in a variety of ways. Chick-Fil-A is an addiction and I hate most every other fast food (DQ is also acceptable)

GreatnessRD

Literally drawing out of a hat, it would be either COW or Crustacean. The fact I would be losing one is so devastating! Gun to my head, probably COW.

Top Bottom