• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

If there's a new F-Zero in the Direct, what expectations do you have for it?

Read thread title.

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

64bitmodels

Reverse groomer.
Yeah apparently some rumor said that there will be a new F-Zero in the Nintendo Direct... This was not brought to my attention previously.

GX is one of my favorite Gamecube games and it's infinitely better than that overhyped MK Double Dash. The music is a super cool blend of rock and techno that sounds great to this day, the graphics are some of the best seen of the 6th gen (while also being rendered at neckbreaking speeds) and the gameplay is F-Zero X but better. The control especially is pinpoint, precise enough when you need it but fast enough for you to hit the 90 degree corners, it covers almost all use cases enabling you to focus most on beating the shit out of other drivers and speeding all the way to the end of the race. It's such a memorable and distinctive game.

With all that in mind... If there even is a new F-Zero shown in the direct, what do you all expect of it? Will it blow GX out of the water and shame Mario Kart 8? Do you think it's going to be just OK? Or are you expecting a dumpsterfire on the horizon...

MiguelItUp

I won't expect it at all. But if it's there, cool! I feel like there are way too many "rumors" these days that don't have any real merit to them. So, they're not much different than, "Because my friend said so" or something similar.

64bitmodels

Reverse groomer.
Fzero 99 but probubly nothing
I ain't gonna lie, all of those 99 games Nintendo released have all been gems IMO. Tetris 99, Mario 99.... maybe Pac Man 99 but i didn't play much of it.
An F-Zero 99 would be a lot more interesting to me than a port of GX (though what i'd really want is a brand new game)

Danny Dudekisser

I paid good money for this Dynex!
I don't believe it'll happen, because it's been... fuck, 20 years.

If it did, I don't even want a new F-Zero. I want F-Zero GX with upgraded visuals and like 50 new tracks. They already made the perfect futuristic racer - I just want more of it.

LakeOf9

So F Zero is like Wipeout? and it looks like Nintendo hasn’t put out a new one in more than 20 years?

Might just be a rerelease of one of the older ones on their sub service I guess

RoboFu

One of the green rats
Nah it’s too close to the new console for there to be any surprises on that level.

Thabass

If a F-Zero game does appear, it will be a remake or port of F-Zero GX. I don't foresee a new game, at least not yet. But we shall see.

This should be everyones expectation

go5RkRG.jpg

Last edited:

bender

What time is it?
I'm expecting nothing but we might see a SNES/GBA port. An F-Zero GX port would be beyond my wildest imagination.

Nah it’s too close to the new console for there to be any surprises on that level.

Given F-Zero's popularity or lack thereof, it makes a lot more sense to release it now than for new hardware to give it the best hopes of succeeding.

64bitmodels

Reverse groomer.
I'm expecting nothing but we might see a SNES/GBA port. An F-Zero GX port would be beyond my wildest imagination.
F-Zero SNES and the first GBA game is already on Switch Online. The possibility of the second being added to Switch Online is there.

StueyDuck

It would be dope if it had a crash team racing / Diddy Kong racing kind of big map overworld with secrets and so on that connects all the races together

64bitmodels

Reverse groomer.
Ha, shows you how much I pay attention.
I had to look it up myself and I owned a Switch Lite a month ago, so i'm not the most attentive either.

But most of the F-Zero games are already on Switch, the only exceptions being GX and GP Legend. So it's either those 2 getting on Switch or a new project entirely. Of course that's a possiblity inside another possiblity of rumors being rumors and not actually being true

diffusionx

Gold Member
I doubt there is going to be anything F-Zero, except maybe adding the SNES/GBA games to NSO.

Last edited:

daxgame

Voted I don't think F-Zero will show up in the new Nintendo Direct.

can't get disappointed if you don't set expectations !

Jokes aside, if Nintendo was ever thinking about that, I'd think it'd make more sense on a switch 2

Top Bottom