• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

If Sega magically got more funds to make more games, what should they make?

If Sega committed to making more games, what should they do?

• More or better versions of existing stuff (Sonic, Total War, Yakuza, Bayonetta, Football Mgr etc..)

Votes: 6 7.2%
  • New IPs - a few AAA full budget games ($70)

Votes: 13 15.7%
  • New IPs - a handful of A or AA budget games ($50)

Votes: 6 7.2%
  • Take a few legacy franchises, give high budgets and modernize game mechanics, online etc.. ($50-70)

Votes: 30 36.1%
  • Take a bunch of legacy franchises and make lots of Street of Rage 4 kinds of updated games ($20)

Votes: 17 20.5%
  • Other

Votes: 11 13.3%

• Total voters

Stuart360

I'd honestly love Sega to do a 'Arcade Legacy' series, where they release their arcade back catalogue. So 3D games like Scud Race, Daytona 2, Virtua Racing, etc, for like $10, and their 2D arcade games for like $5 a pop.
Add simple quality of life improvements to them for a home market, and yeah i'd buy a shit load of them!.

I would like to see them bring back all of their dormant IPs, localize games like Sakura Wars 3, and make Jet Set Radio Future available for purchase again by paying its music licensing.

New games for legacy IP's like Streets of Rage 4. We're in an age where people appreciate older style games so no need to do something like Golden Axe Beast Rider or that PS2 Altered Beast game. Like Sonic Mania, turn more fans projects into official games. Like that bomb rush game for jet set and that monkey ball fan game that has rat characters. The only legacy IP's that I think could work with the AAA treatment could be a new Phantasy Star RPG maybe in the style of FFVII Remake

When Sega gets more money next Wednesday they should expand

1) Overworks(Team that made valkyria Chronicles/Skies of Arcadia/Sakura wars) should be its own division again, not just part of Sonic team. They should hire more people so they can work on multiple rpg projects at once.

2) Give Daisuke Sato the greenlight to do whatever he wants. He said he wanted to do Yakuza Kenzan, Yakuza Ishin and Binary Domain remakes. He also said he wanted to make a Sonic game. Hire more people so Sega can take on all these projects.

• Thoughtful
Reactions: Isa

MastaKiiLA

I'm an older gamer, so my fondest Sega memories were on my Genny. So I want them to revive legacy console and arcade hits.

Open world Streets of Rage with insane melee mechanics.

A proper 3D Sonic game.

Virtua Tennis/Fighter updates, and new Daytona, Sega Rally, and Manx TT games.

Outrun with a dozen or so hypercars in exotic locations around the world.

Single player Phantasy Star. No online bullshit, give me the same challenge and experience as PS2.

Give me that nostalgia right on my veins. I don't care for any of Sega's new IPs. I feel like they lost their way when the DC died.

Last edited:

EDMIX

Give Persona the Yakuza treatment they got last gen with 2 remakes and 3 remasters and Persona 6 lol

Remake Persona 1 and 2.

Port Persona 3,4 and 5 in 4K....call it a day. I would say remake 3 and 4, but I'm not being greedy lol

Kokoloko85

Jet Set Radio 3
Phantasy star 5
Shinobi 4 - done like how they done Streets of Rage 4
Golden Axe - like how they done Streets of Rage 4

Sonic Adventure 3
Sonic Mania 2
Persona remakes
Streets of Rage 5

And especially for me:
HD Port of Shining Force 3 Parts 1-3 and Shining Force 4
Guardian Heroes 2 proper sequel

Mix of smaller and bigger budgets

Last edited:
Doesn't it already exists on PS2?
Holy cow i completly forgot, thx dude!

Chow Yun Fat Thumbs Up GIF

sublimit

Banned
1)More new IPs
2)A truly open world Yakuza with Kiryu as the protagonist where you can freely go everywhere in Tokyo and its outskirts. Also no turn-based bullshit please.
3)Skies of Arkadia remake.
4)More Valkyria Chronicles but with more interactive and bigger environments.

At this point, seeing the success of Streets of Rage 4, I think the time is ripe for them to bring back more of their legacy titles. They have an unbelievable stable of old games that could use a next gen version. Jet Set Radio, Crazy Taxi, Nights, Virtua Fighter, Bayonetta, Shinobi, Shining Force, etc.......

SegaShack

Sega doesn't have the same people who made the great games they were known for.

I'd want a new Shining Force and Daytona USA.

They seem to now just be licensing their old properties to other developers.

Last edited:
Top Bottom