• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

If Death Stranding is pushing such good graphics, I think we should assume that the internal fans are going to go jet-engine on us.

Status
Not open for further replies.

brap

Banned
I mean the graphics aren't that great. A ton of soul though...
FgT0zXc.jpg

ExpandKong

Banned
The fan noise is part of the Death Stranding experience and is tied intrinsically to the plot, which you would know if you had watched my 3 hour trailer analysis fan theory video on YouTube. Do not question Kojima for he is risen and you will rike it

OP is Jonathan Cooper's (disgraced ex-Naughty Dog Animator) alt account and is completing his final initiation ritual (slandering PlayStation) before becoming an Xbox employee at The Initiative.

Last edited:

rofif

Banned
Does it matter in what orientation my slim is? I was using it upside down vertically for 2 years but now I am standing it on rubber feet vertically in proper orientation and I think it might be a bit louder... but I don't know. Death Stranding scares me

Ivory Blood

When I played Bloodborne and GoW on my friends ps4pro, it was like a freaking jet engine in a room. When I play it now on my slim, it's whisper quiet. I don't think Death Stranding will suddenly send the console into overdrive mode.

Last edited:
Killer-App for mine was Spider-Man. My Pro moaned a bit in GOW and ACOdyssey... but in Spoodermon that shit flew to Mars and back in seconds... I fear the day TLOU2 comes out!

What do you expect? Strand games are some of the most complex and demanding games in existance. This is why I love strand games they not only test you, but they test your hardware.

Shifty

Laughs in low temperatures and high framerates

How was Horizon: Zero Dawn?

I suppose this will be the same.
If they're anything alike, the PS4 is going to flip its shit when high-quality character assets get swapped in for dialogue or cutscenes.

Inviusx

Pretty much every big game since 2017 has made my Pro cry. Certain times during RDR2 I was expecting a total system failure.

kraspkibble

Permabanned.
probably. what do you expect? the ps4 doesn't have much airflow.

i'm sure my PC won't even break a sweat when i play it. my CPU has 2 fans, my GPU has 2 fans, and i got 4 case fans. where as the PS4 has one doing all the work with very little room between components.

MadYarpen

Laughs in low temperatures and high framerates

If they're anything alike, the PS4 is going to flip its shit when high-quality character assets get swapped in for dialogue or cutscenes.
I am not very sensitive, but it was OK on my PS4 (amateur).

My PS4 Pro sounds fine. Try having a life and not putting 10,000 hours into your console.

Alternatively, I’d recommend having a job so you can afford all platforms and split your time in between Ps4/xb/switch/ PC. That avoids excessive wear and tear on any of the devices.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom