• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

I would love a Baten Kaitos 1+2 HD remake

SantaC

ah, Baten Kaitos for Gamecube, monoliths masterpiece jrpg before Xenoblade. First game was great, and the prequel even better. Best thing about these games were the unique atmosphere. The SD era doesn't do it justice. and I would love to see a remake.

Dreamy is one way of putting it.

tumblr_owffx8J2Vy1tln6w5o1_r1_500.gif

tumblr_otv0c7Iklz1tln6w5o3_r1_540.gif

BlondFrenchIrrawaddydolphin-size_restricted.gif

tumblr_otjdm7m1xt1tln6w5o9_r2_500.gifv

tumblr_othw1w5mwL1tln6w5o3_r1_500.gifv

Shifty1897

Great games, but I wouldn't want it unless they rescanned the prerendered backgrounds from source instead of upscaling. These games are recent enough that it's possible the source renders still exist.

Griffon

A simple remaster would do (the background are at a decent enough resolution and do look nice in HD already).

Not everything has to get a remake.

Last edited:

noqtic

Baten Kaitos Origins is my favorite RPG of all time and I would love to see it remade as long as they can keep those magnificent pre-rendered backgrounds.

Such a wonderful series, its too bad we'll probably never get a proper Baten Kaitos 2 (since Origins is a prequel).

alf717

I loved Baten Kaitos Origins but not sure if I could stomach the VA in the first game again. They were pretty bad. :LOL:

MaestroMike

Gold Member
Game was enjoyable. Lent it to a schoolmate back in the day who I don't think ever gave it back. Lent my GCN to another schoolmate that never gave that back, either. Guess I didn't care enough to retrieve it. Oh well. Never knew they came out with a prequel.

Top Bottom