• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

I know Twisted Metal is a beloved PlayStation franchise but I think they should release the next game multiplatform.

bender

What time is it?
Over my his dead body.

djaffe.jpg

Unknown?

It just seems like it would be the perfect game for all out war across all platforms.

If done right Twisted Metal has potential to be 10x bigger than it was back in the day so I hope they put a lot of effort into bringing it back now.
Uh back in the day it was pretty popular(in the US).

They need to make Sweet Tooth a father that goes through an intense journey to find redemption and win the contest for it to be popular worldwide.

Warablo

As a more niche genre I could see it being somewhat more successful. No idea if its worth it though.

onQ123

NEVER. Playstation games should be released ONLY on PLAYSTATION.
You see the thing is one you make a TV show or movie it's not really a "PlayStation Game" anymore ( Ignores Spider-Man)

Why make Twisted Metal mainstream but limit it's growth?

//DEVIL//

Are they even making a new game ? Because twisted metal is to me the the IP to own a playstation . Maybe not got everyone but I grew up on this game and twisted metal 2 especially was my fav game probably all of the time during ps1 era

Last edited:

Unknown?

Are they even making a new game ? Because twisted metal is to me the the IP to own a playstation . Maybe not got everyone but I grew up on this game and twisted metal 2 especially was my fav game probably all of the time during ps1 era
It's rumored, yes, and with a show coming out it seems very likely.

Mr.Phoenix

You see the thing is one you make a TV show or movie it's not really a "PlayStation Game" anymore ( Ignores Spider-Man)

Why make Twisted Metal mainstream but limit it's growth?
I think you are onto something. Mario and Halo should be released on PS5.

onQ123

I think you are onto something. Mario and Halo should be released on PS5.
Wasn't that Halo show a dud though ? 😂

And Mario is bigger than the movies 😂

These 2 franchises reached the mainstream as games & never faded from the public eye .

If they made a Halo game based on the show I see no reason why they wouldn't use that as an excuse to get it on PlayStation.

Live service games needs to be on the most platforms possible imo. Twisted metal can keep the Single player on playstation as an exclusive. However, the multiplayer put that shit everywhere to maximize money and popularity.

Mr.Phoenix

Wasn't that Halo show a dud though ? 😂

And Mario is bigger than the movies 😂

These 2 franchises reached the mainstream as games & never faded from the public eye .

If they made a Halo game based on the show I see no reason why they wouldn't use that as an excuse to get it on PlayStation.
I actually almost liked the Halo show.... but it suffered from the movie helmet problem where they seem to always look for excuses to take off the helmets. Thank God for Mando. The Hao series would have been 70% better if we had no idea who was under the helmet.

SmokedMeat

Gamer™
I can’t imagine a future Twisted Metal not being free, with Battle Passes.

A $70 Twisted Metal wouldn’t survive.

The Alien

Banned
Never.

Playstation values their exclusives too much to do that...whether it's their own 1st party exclusives or the ones they pay 3rd parties to keep off xbox and make it appear as their own.

STARSBarry

Gold Member
Just make a Vigilante 8 game... I remember the second title who rewarded you playing the game by just unlocking the first damn game after a certain point... like I was floored.

Always remember it more fondly than Twisted.

Bond007

Exclusives should remain exclusive.
No different than Nintendo. This new logic only applies to Microsoft cause they have no current successful ones to want to hold onto and make money. Its what losers say to make things better and "grow the industry"

I rather play Halo on Xbox and GoW on Playstation and Mario on Switch. Dont like it and feel left out? buy all the consoles! Thats what i do :)
If not- go third party and stop playing your fanbase for fools

Last edited:
Idk, GT7 is awesome and if TM did gaas like GT I wouldn't care if it was.

GT7 isn't GAAS. Its a single-player game first with a live online multiplayer. I mean what's GAAS about GT7? It doesn't require a separate subscription to play, you don't pay fees to advance to the next level. Yes you can buy cars but they arent a requirement for any race, all tracks are free, liveries, driver suits, stickers, and scenes for photo mode, its all free.

You guys need to know the difference between GAAS and regular multiplayer. TM in GAAS form would be similar to 2013 game......tiny roster, no story, have to buy weapons and cars, sell legacy characters at a premium and sell a TON of cosmetics. THAT is GAAS.

Unknown?

GT7 isn't GAAS. Its a single-player game first with a live online multiplayer. I mean what's GAAS about GT7? It doesn't require a separate subscription to play, you don't pay fees to advance to the next level. Yes you can buy cars but they arent a requirement for any race, all tracks are free, liveries, driver suits, stickers, and scenes for photo mode, its all free.

You guys need to know the difference between GAAS and regular multiplayer. TM in GAAS form would be similar to 2013 game......tiny roster, no story, have to buy weapons and cars, sell legacy characters at a premium and sell a TON of cosmetics. THAT is GAAS.
It's a game that keeps getting updates with new content. It allows you to buy that content(cars) or earn it. A regular multiplayer game wouldn't be updated regularly and a sequel would be made after that much content.

You are just taking the worst mobile game example and applying it to that term but they aren't all like that.

Top Bottom