• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

I have a stuck notification, and it's driving me nuts

RoadHazard

Gold Member
Yeah, I have a (1) in the top menu, even though I don't have any unread notifications or anything. Please send help.

Anyone else have this issue?

EDIT: It's only on the mobile site, on desktop I don't have this rogue notification.

EDIT 2: Marking all alerts as read fixed it. Still don't know what it was and why it was only on mobile. But thanks for the help, me!

Last edited:

Mistake

I got something similar for an “11 years of service” achievement. There is a clear notifications button on desktop under Reactions Received. That’s how I fixed it

*Nightwing

If it’s mobile and android, specifically chrome browser, remove the link from homepage and when going back to Gaf for the first time after removing it, make sure you have no notifications or it’ll save it again with the (1) again in the browser homepage and keep it as the tab name each time you visit

Edit: apparently I was too tiered to read edit 2 properly, congrats on getting it fixed!

Last edited:

Pejo

I had this glitch for a while that showed a "1" on my alerts when I loaded a new page or refreshed even when I didn't have any new alerts, but it disappeared after like a second or two. Somehow it fixed itself after a while. Marking them all as read didn't help.

Top Bottom